Last Updated: 5th September 2018 (over 4 years ago)
Through utilising my versed skills in supply chain management, contracting, negotiation and information technology (IT), when working in various positions with the Oil & Gas Major, I have demonstrated flexibility and resourcefulness with resultant added value, directly contributed and positively impacted on the bottom line (savings) and improved stakeholder relationships. My hands-on work with business information system such as SAP (ERP), ARIBA, NipeX, and MS Office had earned me appointment as Decentralized Buyers (De-located Contracts Engineers) Coordinator / SAP Key User.
I am seeking to secure a full time position in a challenging atmosphere where one can make meaningful contributions in achieving the organization’s operational and strategic goals while improving one’s acquired skills and know-how as well as progress career vertically and horizontally.
Diploma in Procurement and Supply
— Nov 2014
Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) Mechanical Engineering
National Diploma (ND) Mechanical Engineering
— Sep 1997
• Carrying out all contract activities and processes in accordance with COMPANY rules.
• Ensure that contracts are drafted in accordance with approved model contracts and contributes to it review.
• Ensure that contracts are created & managed in SAP, data base and Contract Management Systems (CONTIKI).
• Ensuring effective use of COMPANY tools and systems (Electronic portals (ARIBA) for Call For Tenders -CFT) for optimum productivity and NNPC NIPEX Portal.
• Negotiating all proposed bidders offer in view of cost reduction and Recording the same in SAP after obtaining validation via COMPANY "Fiche Best" system.
• Participate in Services Quality Meetings (SQM)
• Participating in generating contract strategies, preparation of presentation of slides and making presentations to both COMPANY Control Committee and Validation Committee.
• Issuing Contract Hand Over forms when relevant and prepare response to audit inquiry related to own contracts.
• Preparing contracts in support of his section for the PHC District.
• Providing post-award contractual and commercial support to User Dept in the management of Claims, Change Orders, dispute resolutions, Contract close-out and up-date of Vendor data base.
• Using correct Model of Standard Contract specific to the service/operation being carried out.
• Monitoring of active contracts to ensure timely extension, revision or termination.
• Timely creating of Contracts in CONTIKI & SAP data base ensuring accurate reporting & prompt payment of Contractors and proper archiving of fully executed dossiers (hard copy in file and scanned in CONTIKI)
• Ensure that DUET/TRIPLET meetings are held and MOM issued; Participate in Planning meetings & challenge Partner
• Working with Contracts & Procurement (C&P) Methods and the Affiliate's Compliance Officer, ensuring that Due Diligence is performed on Suppliers/Vendors/Contractors.
Decentralized Buyers Coordinator (De-located Contract Engineer)
— Jan 2016
• To ensure compliance with TEPNG as well as Total Group Business rules and Ethics.
• MUST coordinate/maintain adequate Follow-up with Duets, cost controllers in the User Departments
• To optimize by all means possible by bringing professional experience to bear in purchases with emphasis on making Savings for the Company
• Reviews all Purchase Requisition (PR) assigned, select appropriate vendors for Call for Tender (CFT) or Request for Quote (RFQ) process, receive and analyze quotes from vendors, prepare Recommendation to Award for Purchase Order (PO) issuance, creates PO and ensures follow-up till delivery point having due respect for Total Group as well as TEPNG laid down rules and procedures.
• Supervising and ensuring all DCB follow up evolution of PRs into purchase orders continuing until such orders are delivered and paid for. Exceptions must be reported and conveyed to user duets for adjustment that may impact on operational activities.
• Liaises with Cost controllers, Payment accountants, TEPNG document releasers based on DOA and Vendors
• Ensure the use of e- sourcing tools to meet up with the target number of events set for the Division.
• Propose, deploy, monitor and renew Frame or Outline Agreements
• Renders consolidated weekly and monthly report of activities for all the Procure-to-Payment (P2P) quartet/quintet meetings
• Implement and maintain a Call for Tender database to monitor lead times and ongoing actions.
• Review and recommend for validation all CFT waivers for decentralized services raised by DCB.
• Build Internal and external partnerships and correspondence with stakeholders (C&P/F&C/Metier Partners/Vendors)
• Organize and participate in engagement sessions for DCB.
• Promote and monitor the use of standard documents by the DCB and quality data in SC Tools Database.
• Regular revision of user manuals, procedure and work instruction pertaining to SC Tools
• Provide 1st level support to a functional UNISUP (SAP) Business Process: Supply Chain
• Ensure first level support for question or problem encountered in the use of the UNISUP (SAP)
• Ensure on-the-job training and take part in training actions for affiliate SAP MM users.
• Escalate difficult problems encountered to the Lead User.
• Work in direct contact with UNISUP Coordination or with the Lead User for examination of the problems encountered.
• Indicate to the UNISUP Coordinator or to the Lead User any action of training which would be necessary in view of the assistance of 1st level which he/she makes regularly.
• Work in direct relation with the Lead User to whom he/she forward the problems and requests for improvements or upgrades formulated by users.
• Help in the implementation and in the use of the evolution of the system.
• Participate in test and validation of corrections or evolutions of the product UNISUP at the request of the Lead User of his/her functional domain or of the UNISUP Coordination.
• Perform any other tasks as assigned by his/her hierarchy
Contract Engineer / Procurement Analyst
— Oct 2013
• Review and make necessary commercial and contractual input on scope of work in line with procurement strategy
• Initiate, process and monitor PR for his department in accordance with Company rules specifically
o Initiate and process PO / Call-Off Order creation in strict compliance with the Contract Management Procedure and SOX, specifically: Carry out Calls for Tender (CFT), negotiate and issue out for the purchase of services not exceeding 50KUSD in value using proprietary tools like JUPITER, CONTIKI, SAP (UNISUP) etc
• Contract Utilization Monitoring, Job Completion Certificate Creation (JPC) and invoice follow up/Expediting Responsibilities:
• Reporting / Document control Responsibilities.
• Utilize a comprehensive set of suitable performance indicators KPIs, Reports and Statistics to report the weekly, monthly and annual C&P activities covering Purchasing, Contracts, Stocks, Transit, Market Intelligence.
• Using a set of C&P Divisional KPIs to prepare a Monthly Dashboard for the C&P Division, analyze and monitor evolution / trends of C&P activities.
• Contract Activity Reporting / Missing Data Reporting and Follow up
• Participate in the compilation and close out follow up on various Audit (ASAP assessment, and IMPACT Assessment) exceptions for the C&P Division.
• Performance of SOX checks on Decentralized buyers in TEPNG.
• Review of Existing Procedures & Preparation of Draft Procedures for the C&P Division.
• Participation in the Vendor Evaluation of Total E&P Vendors through questionnaires and feedbacks mechanism.
• Extraction of data / Statistics using tools such as SAP, BW & CONTIKI.
• Perform UNISUP MM module training for Centralized and Decentralized buyers
• Perform the role of Shared Decentralized buyer
• Regular revision of user manuals, procedures and work instructions pertaining to the use of SC Tools in collaboration with the Head, Performance Management
• Perform the regular training and support for external Suppliers on the ARIBA and NIPEX platforms
• Provide support for user entities and C&P personnel in Supply Chain Tools including UNISUP, CONTIKI, eTRANSIT, PCMS, ARIBA, NIPEX, VST and SMT
• Actively participate in continuously improving the level of appropriation of SC tools so as to improve affiliates performance in ASAP and related audits
• Participate in developing medium and long-time C&P Procurement Planning and provide C&P input on the Master Procurement Planning and for Corporate Integrated Planning Meetings
• Generate Affiliate Global Savings, analyze and monitor actual trends against Total Spend monthly.
Methods Engineer – Supplier Relationship (Strategic Sourcing Analyst)
— Nov 2009
• Conduct and participate in prequalification interview for potential suppliers by administering prequalification questionnaires.
• To create and modify vendor records in SAP (UNISUP) in accordance with procedures
• Update vendors’ data on the SAP MM Vendor Master Data and ensure data cleaning in SAP.
• Create a database of Approved Vendor List (AVL) and ensure regular update.
• Participate in NJQS supplier prequalification and audits organized by NipeX and NAPIMS
• Ensure proper filling and archiving of vendor dossiers in a well secured and retrievable manner, like in SAP
• Perform categorization of registered vendors in accordance with NJQS service & product groups.
• Improved sourcing strategies by monitoring frequency of vendors invited to RFQ.
• Vendor Performance follow up, monitoring and occasionally meeting with supplier representatives to foster new relationships and building up existing ones as appropriate.
• Conduct regular vendors’ performance evaluation, Service Quality Meetings (SQMs) and vendors rating
• Maintain an up to date records of Vendors document and supplier appraisals and provide feedback for improved sourcing decisions.
• To liaise with Finance department on vendor issues where necessary.
• Organize annual Vendor’s Forums in collaboration with other entities to improve communication and sustain relationship with strategic suppliers.
• Plan and organize presentations for prospective suppliers in collaboration with internal stakeholders.
• Attend to complaints from vendors with regards to registration, categorization etc.
• Participate in market analysis, benchmarking input, to support negotiation for purchase of goods & services.
• Update regularly Integrated Operating Planning and Follow up ongoing contracts.
• Prepare relevant documentation and interpretation of reports related to SAP Vendor master data and BW.
• Carry out any other duties/projects that may be assigned to him/her by the Hierarchy
• Assist end users on SAP (UNISUP) MM related issues in SAP system and provide knowledge on the implemented procedures
• Assist in solving users UNISUP related issues
• Maintain the MM support data base by recording problems and solutions; following up and escalating major issues to the Key Users, Lead User and SAP Consultant
• Participate in the support & training of users
• Act as a representative of the End-User community with the Lead User
• General vendor relationship within the company
— Jan 2007
• 2D and 3D ISO Piping drawing for a waste management system
• Prepared tender documents for the upgrade of Shell Industrial Area waste management system
• Designed and drafted an ISO Engineering/Piping Drawing of a spool to be replaced.
• Prepared a Pre Weld and Post Weld quality reports.
• Prepared an As-Built and Dimensional Control Reports.