Last Updated: 30th May 2018 (over 4 years ago)
Expertise is extensive and proven both onshore and offshore, demonstrating significant skills and experience in the management and movement of Personnel and Freight. Comprehensive experience in Aviation, Transport and Traffic operations, associated administration and crewing for large multi-disciplined workforces of up to 4000 personnel. Able to manage successful coordination of personnel and material to attain on time, on budget project mobilisation and demobilisation, plan material and people flow management systems, processes, develop policies and procedures for logistical activities, evaluate and improve logistical processes and set-up project logistics whilst ensuring carrier compliance with company policies.
Commercial focus covers Contract Management including Technical Assessments, Contract prequalification, Contractor Management, Audits and Budgeting. Safety focused and committed to minimising HSE exposure, combining astute planning, flexible scheduling and real time monitoring of changing requirements to provide safe and efficient services with minimum movements. Extensive ERT / IMT experience in coordinating rig evacuations, medical rescues and partaking in anti-terrorist rig recovery training.
Committed to continuous professional development including Registered Aviation Consultant, Diploma in Aviation Operations, a Chartered Member of the Institute of Logistics and Transport, and NEBOSH and IOSH certificates. Seeking a challenging position where all skills and experience can be used to a positive effect and able to consider any opportunity worldwide.
Registered Aviation Consultant
Diploma in Offshore Aviation Operations
— Oct 1978
Aviation & Transport Consultant
— Mar 2017
2) Advising Operators and Contractors on Aviation and Transport options.
• Research relative suitability of Logistics Assets complying with Tender definitions.
• Identify regulatory procedures for all key documentation.
• Investigate potential for outsourcing Ad Hoc use of Contractors back up Assets.
• Safeguard the availability and suitability of Third Party back up assets.
• Determine the appropriate level of Local Content employment and required training regime.
3) Advising on Operating Procedures for Heliport and Remote Airstrip Ops, Camp Access control, Personnel Movements, tracking & mustering.
Aviation & Traffic Supervisor
— Nov 2012
• Oversaw fixed wing and helicopter operations to remote airstrips from two airports ensuring compliance with Ugandan CAA regulations and OGP Guidelines.
• Supervised the Traffic department responsible for Domestic and International travel on i-CAMs, bookings, routings, airport and remote airstrip ops, visas and travel documentation; meet and greet; hotels and transfers, accommodation in Kampala and remote camps.
• Led Fleet Transport; the management of 130+ vehicles in urban and remote locations, driver selection and training, Journey Management Plans, vehicle acquisition and allocation, inspection, servicing and repair.
• Supported rig moves requiring 150 trucks over challenging terrain.
• Training National employees.
Implemented measures to reduce vehicle incidents, including the introduction of a Vehicle Tracking System and Driver 4wd Instruction Courses, and significantly reducing the maximum working hours for contract drivers in underpinning HSE objectives.
Terminated the contract for a non OGP compliant (single engine) back up FW aircraft following a Risk Assessment comparing its use with road transport to remote camps.
Devised a strategy to combine fragmented Domestic and International Aviation operations. Established a cross training program for personnel from five sections dispersed over 3 locations to enable the provision of 18 hour 7 day cover at Entebbe airport on a rota basis, in place of the existing office hours / call out practice. Accentuated service improvements at zero cost, reducing working hours for personnel and removing the requirement for potentially hazardous road transfers from Entebbe to Kampala in hours of darkness.
Aviation & Transport Supt
— Aug 2011
• Established and managed safe and efficient aviation operations from Accra and Takoradi, consisting of sole use fixed and rotary wing support of multi rig drilling, subsea projects and FPSO hook-up, ensuring compliance with Ghanaian CAA regulations.
• Established and managed safe and efficient transport operations servicing offshore operations from two ports, a warehouse and a pipe yard, consisting of trucks, lifting equipment and light vehicles.
• Ensured offshore helideck compliance with CAP 437 for all contracted rigs and vessels, monitoring Helideck Crew competence in pre-flight checks, Helideck operations and regular equipment inspection. Arranged and assisted with helideck certification as required.
• Liaised with offshore units, Accra, Takoradi and London offices, Company Partners and Contractors on a daily basis prior to producing a Fixed Wing / Helicopter combined Schedule tailored to meet constantly changing requirements.
• Established an intensive training program for National employees with no previous Aviation or oil industry experience, mentoring them and assisting on KPI achievements.
• Instigated a trucking Contract Amendment replacing payment per load with a day rate, significantly reducing costs.
Support Services Advisor
— Aug 2008
• Management of Living Quarters Vessels, 500 man mobile Temporary Refuge barge and 360 man Ice Breaking Emergency Escape Vessels, including service and maintain LQ operation, Helideck Operation and Certification, raise, expedite and document MRs, local procurement and expediting, H and H Inspections, medical and crew training records, Contractor welfare.
• Managed helicopter schedules, providing alternative boat / hovercraft solutions during periods of inclement weather.
• Executed daily operational support to multi Company international work force of 4,000 personnel to ensure that all logistical requirements were transmitted, understood, and efficiently managed.
• Align, address and implement Emergency Response Procedures for Project.
• Manage ER Muster Control for up to 4,000 personnel.
• Conceived and employed the Logistics Strategy for the Experimental Project Offshore team, including Offshore Personnel Control and implementation of Salem PTS.
• Established the procedure for the movement of personnel and materials for Offshore Project Operations by helicopter, supply boat and hovercraft.