Civils Project Manager
Last Updated: 28th September 2019 (over 3 years ago)
I have strong Interpersonal & communication skills enjoy building, motivating and working within delivery teams. I have built trusting relations with clients and design teams.
I am a highly capable, confident, organised chartered Project Manager who enjoys leading and motivating to achieve successful results.
MCIOB chartered,BSc Construction Management
— Jun 2014
BSc 2:1 (Hons) Construction Management
HNC & ONC Civil Engineering, 7 GCSE’s (A to C)
CSCS (manager, black), CITB SMSTS, First Aid at Work
NEC 3 contract management & cloud-based contract document systems
BIM / design and construct, co-ordination
Microsoft Project, office, CAD
Temporary Works Co-ordinator
LOLER AP, RASWA supervisor (renewals pending)
— Sep 2019
I spent a period working in Isle of Man initially on a large multi storey car park in the main town of Douglas and later on a new £36m prison complex. These projects involved all aspects of work from CFA foundations, reinforced concrete frames, precast, brick cladding and other proprietary cladding systems and fit out. The schemes had a dependency on logistics as all materials and plant involved shipping.
With EA schemes I have been predominately involved in delivery of schemes. The Environment Agency’s focus has been to promote new techniques within Level 2 BIM to increase performance, create efficiency and sustainable solutions. I have been involved in the pre-construction stages collaboratively working with the design team, cost consultants and the client. During delivery & pre-construction I have undertaken design co-ordination, buildability advice, risk profiling, pricing, project planning roles.
I enjoy planning and programming works and submissions under NEC 3. I work closely with commercial teams to price, package work to the supply chain, cost forecast, value change through core clauses. I have an active input in managing client and construction risk budgets.
I have been a PM since 2009. I am highly motivated enjoy enthusing others to achieve successful outcomes. I enjoy working within project teams to achieve goals, problem solve and optimising the design and construction process.
My day-to-day tasks involve,
• Collaboratory working with clients, design team and other members of the project team
• Managing construction delivery teams and contractors
• Implementing safety, quality, financial systems through legislation, guidance, BMS & BIM
• Cost and programme reporting to project Board
• Producing, updating contract programmes to agree change through the core clauses of the NEC3
• Procurement & Management of Supply chain
• Negotiation with third parties (landowners, stakeholders, council)
• Interpreting the clients works information and making changes with the project team
• Developing methods, temporary works and problem solving with site teams
• Conducting and chairing meetings with site team, client, sub-contractors, designers and third parties.
• Mechanical and Electrical co-ordination
• Woking within Bid & commercial teams
Prior to becoming a Project Manager, I spent 10 years as a site manager and another 10years as a Site Engineer. In this time, I gained broad experienced in setting out and surveying on a range of infrastructure and building projects.