Health, Safety & Environmental
Last Updated: 19th July 2017 (over 5 years ago)
• Possess strong knowledge of KMK 3.01.02-00 of Local regulations (Uzbekistan) and international standards for management of Health, Safety & Environment and Risk such as NEBOSH, OSHA, NFPA, ISO 14001:2004. 2015 and OHSAS:18000,18001,18002 and Familiar with Fire Safety, Environmental regulation and standards.
• Strong ability to lead and train staffs.
• Able to work within a multi-cultural environment
• Excellent command of English and Russian languages (both verbal and written)
• Sound working knowledge of industrial and construction HSE management systems
• Well organized with strong attention to detail
• Experienced in LOTO and isolations
• Proficient in IT skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Strong ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing and to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
• Achieved 15,000,000 accident free man hours
Environmental management and Ecology
— Jul 2002
Senior HSE Engineer
• Drives and promotes zero incident EHS culture throughout site.
• Conducts EHS orientation, induction and special trainings for new hired employees and company employees
• Conducts site emergency drills, identification ,Risk Assessment and recommends the controls to mitigate the hazards
• Reviews Safety Data sheets and gives directions how to use chemicals and hazardous materials
• Ensures hazardous material handling and storage is conducted in an approved manner according to local authority
• Conducts planned inspection, identifying potential hazards and ensuring controls are in place
• Prepares traffic plan at the site and controls the traffic speed in construction sites
• Monitors waste management and ensures disposal as per safety plan and local authorization
• Issues work permits for Working at height, confined spaces, scaffolding, general works, hot works and hazardous jobs at the site when required
• Ensures EHS compliance during site set up
• Conducts Safety toolbox meetings, EHS awareness sessions & training
• Participates in the investigation of site accidents and incidents
• Conducts daily Health and safety Inspections, to ensure compliance with Company’s HS and EMS.
• Coordinates and attends EHS Meeting, Operational meeting, Top Management meeting and actively participating in decision making to improve safe working conditions practices to achieve optimum safety standards.
• Prepares and implements Monthly Environmental Report to PMU according to EIA,EIS,SB EMP, EMS and Local regulations and requirements.
• Establishes Environmental regulations on site and responsible for Environmental Management on Project sites.
• Discusses Environmental issues every week and month through weekly and monthly meetings to promote and enhance EHS performance and facilitate and use the regular Safety, Environmental and Communications Meetings to reinforce everyone’s EHS commitments and behaviors.
• Maintains accurate safety statistics of accidents, Incidents and near misses. Review and upgrade standards and procedure in the work environments focusing on continue improvements to eliminate and prevent injury or decease.
• Ensures that company procedures relating to EHS are followed, lifting tools, tackles and equipment checked periodically by the competent person with high degree of supervision and that all lifting tackles/ equipment certificates are maintained.
• Continuous monitoring those open flame activities in live plant areas.
• Continuous monitoring gas testing on hazardous areas such as confined space area, critical valve opening, Gas Fuel Compressor area, GTG#2,3 areas.
Secured and reviewed specific pre commissioning and commissioning permits for live plant and other specific works such as: lifting hot work, lock/tag out permit, confined space permit, etc.
• Monitors construction and commissioning activities such as: excavation, working at heights, scaffolding, piping, hot works, insulation, pre commissioning and commissioning hydro/pneumatic testing works
— Feb 2017
• Conducted Health and Safety inspections, Audited to ensure compliance with Company’s HSEMS. Coordinated and attended HSE, Operational, and Top Management meetings and actively participating in decision making to improve safe working conditions practices to achieve optimum safety standards.
• Prepared and implemented of project specific HSE plans to ensure safe working practices and adequate emergency response. Established and monitored an emergency rescue/response plan and periodic drills / training in case of an emergency preparation.
• Discussed HSE issues every day through daily meeting to promote and enhance HSE performance. Facilitate and use the regular Safety and Communications Meetings to reinforce everyone’s HSE commitments and behaviors.
• Carried out daily site inspections and advice for corrective actions and conducting safety audits on the company’s operation to ensure safe methods of work with staff to monitor and improve health and safety standards in their workplaces. Strict enforcement of Company HSE Policy.
• Provided monthly report to the Top Management and report any short fall to the appropriate authority with proper justification and recommendations. Strict implementation of permits to Work system.
• Ensured accident-reporting system is in operation and used effectively. Investigate all incidents including near misses and establish cause and corrective action to avoid further recurrence.
• Maintained accurate safety statistics of accidents, Incidents and near misses. Review and upgrade standards and procedure in the work environments focusing on continue improvements to eliminate and prevent injury or decease.
• Provided monthly report to the Top Management. Organizing and conducting periodic drill and report any short fall to the appropriate authority with proper justification and recommendations. Strict implementation of permits to work system.
• Ensured that company procedures relating to HSE are followed, lifting tools, tackles and equipments checked periodically by the competent person with high degree of supervision and that all lifting tackles/ equipments certificates are maintained.
• Promoted, motivated, and maintained a standard of health, safety and environment awareness at the work site and the camp area by conducting safety meeting, in house training and competitions.
• Carried out regular inspection on all vehicles and equipment, workshop, site locations, camp inspections, First aid box inspection, Fire extinguishers Inspection, PPE inspection, Lifting Tools & Equipment inspection, Store Inspection, Yard Inspection etc.
• Involved in Accident Investigation team, Handling Emergencies, Performing a Job Hazard Analysis (JHA), Inspection of Hazardous Condition.
• Had a thorough knowledge of HSE practices and procedures and ability to use the knowledge to prevent unsafe acts and apply professional judgments within this framework. Monitor work permits shall be obtained prior to any work commencing and work shall be carried out in accordance with specific measures itemized on the permit.
• Conducted weekly and monthly HSE meeting and quarterly corporate HSE meeting, Emergency Mock drills, Fire drills, rescue drills at site level along with client’s representatives. Recommends disciplinary action to HSE violators who unnecessarily expose themselves and other personnel to injury or property damage.
• Recorded analysis information of injuries, damage and production loss, assess accident trends and review over all safety performance. Carry out site survey to see only safe work method are in operation that health safety requirement are being observed and welfare first aid facilities are adequate and properly maintain.
• Involved in Management Walkthrough & HSE Walkthrough along with client representatives. Advising the Management about the potential hazards, unsafe equipments, unsafe working conditions and will carry out any remedial actions required to protect from such hazard. Providing guidelines to management about the safe work implementations in existing facilities such as gathering station, substation, beam pump, tank areas, etc., Identifying hazards, unsafe conditions, and unsafe behaviors and taking quick and prompt remedial actions to correct them.
— Dec 2011
• Enforced a “No Smoking” policy throughout the duration of the project.
• First aid and latest fire fighting techniques.
• Heavy lifting procedure, preventions and hazards while lifting activities.
• Identifyed related hazard and preventing measures as per client safety procedures.
• Conducted safety exercises, musters and drills and all emergency safety procedures.
• Contributed effectively for accomplishment of the district’s safety goals, objectives and activities.
• Recognized all the hazards due to different work activities, safe procedure working around heavy equipment, wire rope and chain slings procedure.
• Monitored compliance to HSE and HACCP requirements.
• Facilitated HAZID/ENVID, HAZOP studied or SIL determination on project
• Developed and updated training material and information for HSEQ & HACCP of company
• Identifyed the gas and chemicals hazards.
— Aug 2007
• Held safety meetings, pre-job safety meetings and job safety analysis.
• Corrected unsafe practices.
• Implemented the permit to work system.
• Carried out weekly hygiene inspections and Performed rig monthly audits.
• Investigated accidents and incidents and reported them to the management.
• Participated in risk assessment.
• Conducted fire drills.
• Increased rig crews’ awareness in safety.
• Enforced the company HSE policy
— Dec 2005
• Ensured training matrix is updated.
• Liaised with clients, third party subcontractors, and agencies regarding HS&E