QA/QC Management Expat
Last Updated: 3rd November 2018 (over 3 years ago)
• ZAHRAT AL SAFA : Azizi Riveria Project Zone 2 - Construction of 10 Residential Buildings 2B+G+9 TYP
• NASS CONTRACTING CO. WLL, Abu Dhabi: Operations Management Center building & Concrete packages II, Al Taweelah Alumina Project, Abu Dhabi
• OMIS Contracting LLC UAE: Golf Apartments,” AKOYA By DAMAC”, Dubai & Zero 6 Al Juraina Community Mall, Sharjah. (12 residential towers construction & Mall construction respectively)
• Habtoor Leighton Group- Zubair Oilfield Development Project (Process and Non-Process Buildings)
• Bureau Veritas: Building Construction for Khalifa Port & Industrial Zones, Project, Taweelah, Abu Dhabi.
Ruwais Refinery Expansion Project (Abu Dhabi)
• Nigeria LNG Limited: NLNG Train 7+ pre-F.I.D Construction, NLNG 6Plus Commissioning and Close-out construction activities (Bonny Island Nigeria).
BSC CIVIL ENGINEERING
— Oct 2001
Project Description: 2B+G+9 Typical with built-up area 40,000 square meters approx. excluding internal roads within the development
Project Value: >$140million
• Ensuring that the quality systems enable the project to be delivered in the most effective way and in line with the aspirations and objectives of the clients and our company in regard to the construction quality, cost, programme, risks, safety and sustainability
• Developing and maintaining the quality management system (the Contract Quality Plan and related plans, controls, procedures, tools, and guidance) in conformance to ISO9001:2015, clients corporate requirements and Contract requirements
• Provide advices to Company management on Quality-related issues and manage/update the Company Management procedures.
• Co-coordinating the definition and distribution of Company Quality Procedures and supervising Quality System Audits by corporate team as well as evaluating any necessary corrective actions.
• Assisting on quality matters the Tendering Team during bidding phase and the Project Managers during project execution phase.
• Ensuring understanding and application from all concerned units of Risk Management tools, principles and procedures
• Providing support to the installation and engineering teams and the necessary guidance, briefing and training required by individuals to carry out their work in relation to quality
• Organizing weekly internal quality meetings and providing regular and clearly communicated reports and analysis on quality performance and KPIs to the whole project team, and support the team in meeting targets and continuous improvement.
• Supervision nd monitoring of work of Quality Control Inspectors in all civil, MEP and structural works, including infrastructure, substructure and superstructure as well as in pre-stressing works, structural and architectural finishes.
• Prepare, develop, review and implement project specific Quality Plans, Check lists and Inspection Test Forms, material submittals, Method Statements and Subcontractor Approval Requests concurrent with Client requirements.
• Direct inspection and testing procedures of work and analyzing quality concerns identified. Ensure that corrective action plans are initiated and monitored and management appraised of significant quality issues and progress.
QUALITY CONTROL MANAGER
— Sep 2017
Projects Description: Office Complex building construction, consisting of – upper floor offices, operations control rooms, laboratories etc. involving use of curtain walls, glass reinforced concrete(GRC), acoustic covering for slabs/walls, acoustic baffles, wall vinyl covering, glazed partitions, raised access flooring, carpet/ceramic/marble tiling etc., for Emirates Global Aluminum (EGA),Asphalt road construction, potable/sewerage/storm water network around the Operations Management Center & Concrete Packages II - Equipment foundations and utilities for EGA refinery.
Project Value: >$60million
• Initiated the Project Quality direction via the preparation of Project Quality Plan and setting-up of the Project Quality Management System to be implemented on Project Site and maintaining same
• Managed and assigned planned surveillance activities to quality engineers and inspectors Civil, Mechanical, Welding and Electrical as required
• Regularly carried out field visits to monitor field quality activities covering offsite fabrication activities, construction activities, materials delivery, equipment to ensure project technical and sustainability specifications conformity
• Chaired weekly Quality Meeting with own Quality Control staff and Subcontractors for any issues and concerns
• Monitored the Project Quality Management System via internal audits to assess its continuing suitability, effectiveness, and the level of implementation being applied to determine where improvements are needed, recommending and instigating as necessary the appropriate corrective and preventive action on non-conformances (NCRs) and CARs.
• Responded to audits carried out by Bechtel/Emirates Global Aluminum and close-out corrective actions
• Ensured that project third-party laboratory facilities and personnel activities and test reports are monitored
• Participated in weekly progress meetings as the focal person on issues relating to the project quality system issuing monthly QA/QC reports, development of quality control procedures and inspection & test plans as appropriate.
• Introduced the concept of weekly quality toolbox talks on current project phase activities for the site construction personnel and ensured that all applicable specification is understood
• Conducted bi-monthly Workshop/Trainings to highlight the requirements of the Corporate Quality Manual’s procedures and work instructions and Project Quality Plan (in accordance with Client’s requirements and contract specification)
• Assisted in the coordination and handover documentation including documentation of the testing and commissioning of building systems with independent Commissioning Agent as part of site closeout procedure.
• Provided monthly quality reports to Country Manager for issuance to company