Plant Operations Supervisor with extensive shift management, employee training, and continuous improvement experience.
Last Updated: 29th May 2019 (over 3 years ago)
In addition, I am a strong communicator experienced in leading personnel, providing coaching and mentoring, and establishing positive working relationships with diverse colleagues and management teams at all levels. I have also been accountable for developing high-performance teams to maximize overall productivity, implementing improved systems and processes to streamline efficiencies, directing workplace safety and incident management activities, and continuously exceeding targeted KPIs. Further, I am a proactive, detail-oriented individual capable of leveraging extensive industry experience and management skills to drive the ongoing achievement of organizational objectives.
I am known as a versatile contributor with experience in all plant operations supervision and training functions, exceptional communication and leadership skills, and a continued commitment to implementing industry best practices
SUPERVISOR & TRAINER – PROCESSING PLANT OPERATIONS / OPERATOR
• Provided extensive training and development to operations personnel resulting in high-performing teams; consistently achieved all operational goals.
• Key contributor to the development and ongoing evaluation of SWP’s, SOP’s, JHA’s, and specific section packages.
• Oversaw accident investigation and incident reporting functions; continuously monitored and maintained employee safety within a production environment.
• Led performance assessments of operator and maintenance personnel to ensure compliance with SOP’s, safety standards, and all plant automation and process criteria.
OPERATIONS TRAINER – CONTROL ROOM, FIELD OPERATORS & MAINTENANCE PERSONNEL
— Apr 2015
• Adopted numerous methodologies to analyze processes and recommend improvements to minimize escalations, streamline efficiencies, control costs, and reduce cycle-time.
• Developed and implemented plant processes to meet strategic demands while driving operational improvement; identified and corrected capacity limitations, bottlenecks, and process issues.
• Effectively trained local operations trainees (operators and shift supervisors) to become fully competent operators.
• Recognized for proactively identifying operational areas requiring attention and taking actions to rectify equipment.
• Provided leadership and direction to technical personnel with emphasis on delivering on-the-job training to increase operational effectiveness and efficiency.
• Led preventative maintenance planning for a broad range of equipment to maximize up-time and reliability.
• Implemented various process improvements to achieve and exceed operational KPIs, safety, and recovery targets.
PROCESSING SUPERVISOR & TRAINER – CONTROL ROOM
— Apr 2015
• Utilized a hands-on leadership approach to maximize productivity and develop the skills of operations trainees.
• Diligently managed all plant processes as well as on-shift plant inspections, staff management, safety compliance, housekeeping, and target achievement activities.
Processing Supervisor & Trainer/Sr. Control room Operator
— Apr 2011
Processing Supervisor & Asst. Trainer (2006 – 2009) Artumas Group Inc. Tanzania
Plant Operations Consultant (2005 – 2006) Masunapos Ltd. Various Locations - Africa
Senior Operator (2003 – 2005) Songas / CDC Group Tanzania - Now PanAfrican Energy
Senior Operator (2002 – 2003) Afrika Mashariki Goldmines Ltd. Tanzania - Now Acacia Mining
Senior Operator (2001 – 2002) Barrick Gold (KMCL) Tanzania - Now Acacia Mining
Additional work history available on request