Quantity Surveyor / Contract Administrator
Last Updated: 2nd May 2018 (over 4 years ago)
I have good knowledge computer software for estimating Candy construction software, Plan swift, Buidsoft, Auto CAD, and MS Project for planning, MS Office and Internet activities.
Project Quantity Surveyor in various projects such as Metro Projects, Tunneling, Mining Projects, Infrastructures, Roads, Multi Storied Buildings, Substations, Public Gardens, Temporary site facilities, Hard and Soft Landscaping Work. Under different procurement such as Lump sum, Measure and pay and Design and Built
MSc. in Project Management in Construction
— Nov 2017
B.Sc. (Hons) in Quantity Surveying
— Oct 2012
BTEC H.N.D. in Quantity Surveying
— Aug 2011
National Certificate in Technology Quantity surveying
— Dec 2008
Quantity Surveyor / Contract Administrator
• Prepare monthly Subcontract cost liability schedule within stipulated time frame.
• Review, analyse and interpret construction drawings, shop drawings, Bills of Quantity and Specifications to facilitate or undertake detailed take offs in the format prescribed by the Project method of measurement; for use within interim or final Payment Applications, Variations, Claims or Subcontractor/ Supplier enquiries or payments.
• Liaise with the Project Engineering department to ensure all measurements are produced from most recent drawing revisions and maintain marked up drawings of Project monthly progress measurements. Maintain a drawing register related to measurement.
• Undertake any physical Site measurements as may be required to secure full and detailed measurement records which may include making photographic records as directed.
• Coordinate with other Project Departments such as Planning, Engineering, Operations, Procurement, HSE, QA /QC to ensure provision of satisfactory commercial support.
• Liaise on a day to day basis with the Clients and Subcontractors commercial staff to ensure commercial requirements and processes are being met. Maintain tracking schedules for Variations, Day works, Payments, Final Measure submissions as required by line manager.
• Attend Project weekly/monthly progress meetings - internal and external.
• Obtain daily or weekly Site records, from operational staff, required for the purposes of pricing Day works or preparing cost build ups to support Variations, additional Works or claims.
• Prepare, submit and agree Variation Orders (Cost Proposals).
• Attend weekly or monthly progress meetings with the Subcontractors or Suppliers – review and raise any commercial issues.
• Prepare Cost Reports including latest forecast to cost completion, forecast to cost complete and earned value.
• Identify risk in the project, forecast the risk, risk analysis and negotiate with management how to mitigate the risk and commercially evaluate the risk.
• Applying Lean tools and techniques to Project. (Eliminate waste, Reduce the cost keeps the same quality of the project and cost benefits analysis for the project)
• Co-ordinate with operations staff, cost clerks, timekeepers, store men, etc. to ensure correct cost coding and allocations are implemented and maintained.
• Prepare and maintain detailed undermeasure/overmeasure records for use in monthly internal reports or end Forecasts.
• Provide data required by senior commercial staff for preparation of Project cost/value reports and forecasts.
• Prepare Project resource allowable (from tender documents) for the Project Management team and provide feedback on utilization through productivity reports.
• Prepare and issue material wastage reports to the Project Management.
• Research and provide necessary data to support claim submissions or defense of claims against the Company, as may be requested by senior commercial staff.
• Operate in accordance with Group policies, procedures and processes.
• Entering measurement, preparation of Payment Applications and Payment Certificates and Bill as per Subcontract agreement and Work Orders with using Enterprise Information Portal (EIP) Construction Software system and also adjusting Variation Orders as required.
• Responsible for Aconex workflow documents review, approve, response and close the tasks.
— Aug 2015
• Re-measure quantities from drawings and actual site visits and apply the information to procurement, subcontractor and employer related activities.
• Identification, selection, tendering, evaluation and negotiation of bids from subcontractors to prior to award of the main contract.
• Subcontract Management (Variations, Valuations and Payments)
• Assist the Project Commercial Manager / Senior Quantity Surveyor Main contract administration claim, variations and disputes issues the ensure the correct procedure is adopted to protect and maximize the contractual entitlement for variations effecting the contracted works.
• Main contract administration payments and applications ensure is regarding the application and payment for completed work.
• Assist the Project Commercial Manager / Senior Quantity Surveyor Cost, revenue controls, project cash flows and flexible budget reporting forecasting of project revenue and project costs for facilitate divisional and overall company cash management.
• Assist the Project Commercial Manager / Senior Quantity Surveyor Project forecasting and project reporting guidelines that facilitates the accurate and regular reporting of project progress and status to Senior Management.
• Reporting to planning department weekly overall of the project status quantity wise (Buildings, Infrastructure works, road works and landscaping works).
— Mar 2013
More than thirty upcoming projects managed, like High-rise Buildings, Industrial Buildings, Infrastructures and Public Gardens (Commercial and Technical Packages)
• Scrutinize, review of tender drawings/documents for discrepancies, additional BoQ items/scope and incorporating within the tender offer
• Liaise with consultant regarding ambiguities contract work scope and seek clarifications there to.
• Quantity Take Off for all Civil, MEP and Infrastructure elements (manually, Auto -CAD) based on pricing preambles and compiling the Tender BoQ with description.
• Analysis of rates for Labour, Material and Plant (fixed and variable) and thus assist build up costing, pricing and analysis of direct and indirect cost for the BOQ items.
• Maintain vendors data base, Floating Enquiries to subcontractors and suppliers.
• Analyse and compare quotations received at bid stage and clarifying exclusions/qualifications within. Compilation of tender/bid offer submissions.
• Any additional task assigned by superior / reporting Contract Manager.
• Prepare technical prequalification document.
• Attend to Site visit and identify the upcoming site condition.
Construction of Showrooms and Office Building (B+G+2) for Mr. Abdulaziz Khalid Abdullah Al Attiyah, Doha – Qatar (US$. 10 Million)
Construction of Residential Building (B+G+7) for Mr. Ali Jaber Al Hassan, Doha – Qatar (US$. 4 Million)
State Of Qatar Ministry Of Municipality and Urban Planning General Department For Technical Affairs Construction Of Public Parks & Playgrounds At Al Daayen Package -01, Doha – Qatar (US$. 4.5 Million)
State Of Qatar Ministry Of Municipality and Urban Planning General DepartmentFor Technical Affairs Construction Of Public Parks & Playgrounds At Al Daayen Package -02, Doha – Qatar (US$0.5 Million)
State Of Qatar Ministry Of Municipality and Urban Planning General DepartmentFor Technical AffairsRehabilitation & Maintenances of AL Hitimi Park, Doha – Qatar. (US$. 2.5Million)
• Preparing and agreeing payments applications/valuations so that payment is received in accordance with the terms of the contract conditions work progress.
• Maintain logs for claims and thereby agreeing variations/change orders.
• Preparing and compiling variation claim document with all relevant projects to the satisfaction of the Engineer/Employer.
• Prepare & Compile “Final Accounts Payment application” with relevant projects and documents as per contract obligations.
• Analyze and Recommend Subcontract payment application based on actual progress of S/C work.
• Attend progress meetings and provide updates to Client with projection of costs as required; Visit Site as and when required to monitor progress, Preparing Payment Application / progress payment claim against Value of Work done for measured works, Variations/Change orders, Material On-Site/Off-Site, Fluctuations, Special payments in accordance with contract.
• Any additional task assigned by superior / reporting Technical Manager.
Project Quantity Surveyor
— May 2010
Ministry Of Defense - Sri Lanka Construction of 24 no’s officers married quarters in 03 no’s blocks (Package – 1) for Army housing scheme, Manning Town, Narahenpita – Colombo 08, Sri Lanka. (US$. 1 Million)
Ministry Of Defense - Sri Lanka Construction of 24 no’s officers married quarters in 03 no’s blocks (Package – 11) for Army housing scheme, Manning Town, Narahenpita – Colombo 08, Sri Lanka. (US$. 1 Million)
Sri Lanka Police Department Construction of Weliweriya Police Station Weliweriya, Gampaha, Sri Lanka. (US$. 0.5 Million)
• Prepared monthly valuations coordinate with consultant’s interim valuations, variations and final accounts.
• Joint measurements with consultant Quantity Surveyor.
• Variations and claims, Subcontract claims, time extension claims negotiations and preparation of provisional sums.
• Site measurements and take off quantities from the Auto CAD drawings and preparation bill of quantities.
• Preliminary estimations and preparation of cost analysis.
• Correspondences and documentation as per ISO 9000 standard.
• Nominated sub contractor bill certification.
• Prepare monthly cost report and price fluctuation claims.
• Prepare subcontractor evaluation statement, coordinate subcontractors, subcontractor & supplier enquiry documents.