Senior civil engineer, Project engineer
Last Updated: 23rd May 2018 (over 4 years ago)
(commercial, industrial and government building ), steel building (hanker ,gin ,factory, fences and
watching tower ) ,sewerage and water supply projects of a huge amounts coasting manage site staff control project activities supervision of all construction works and execution of works as per drawing and quality control as per specification in the capacity of projects manager , senior structural engineer and structural engineer.
— Apr 2003
• Organizing many tasks into a timeline
• Assuring that all deadlines are being met
• Making sure that all health, safety and legal requirements are being met throughout the process
• Responding to any client complaints, concerns or requests throughout the project
• Holding regular meetings to ensure that everything is going according to time and budget restriction
• Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor the assigned engineering projects
• Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications
• Interact daily with the clients to interpret their needs and requirements and represent them in the field
• Perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, personnel’s performance) and report regularly on project status
• Assign responsibilities and mentor project team
• Cooperate and communicate effectively with project manager and other project participants to provide assistance and technical support
• Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions
Senior strucral engineer
— Mar 2017
Provide support to and coordinate with Project Manager on all structural issues during the course of projects.
Ensure that the project as per setting out plan and ensure that the progress is as per approved time schedule. Coordinates structural design and assist in providing structural direction to projects.
Provides senior level structural expertise on all project aspects associated with conceptual engineering , detailed engineering designs and preparation of contract document of construction followed by construction administration with respect the structural aspects of the project
Review shop drawings, materials submittal, and method statements to ensure the smooth running of the project
Ensures all works carried comply with the structural drawings, architectural drawings and project specifﬁations as stipulated.
To make certain that all structural drawings are in line and coordinated with other
departmental design drawings prior proceeding with structural work and to highlight any discrepancies for necessary corrections.
Conduct site inspections to ascertain standards of safety and structural quality are being met. Maintains job records, text reports and similar documentation.
To prepare method statements for civil works, structural works, plumbing works, earthworks, concreting works, and ﬁnishing works.
Evaluate and recommend feasible construction methodology as per site conditions and as per contract requirements.
— Dec 2013
facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables define project tasks and resource requirements
develop full scale project plans
assemble and coordinate project staﬀ manage project budget
manage project resource allocation plan and schedule project timelines
track project deliverables using appropriate tools provide direction and support to project team quality assurance
constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
project evaluations and assessment of results
— Jan 2008
Being responsible for all aspects of a project from the design stage through to completion and handover to the client.
Writing up all project documentation.
Submitting progress reports to stakeholders and senior managers. Setting the standards and methodology to be used in a project.
Creating a working environment that allows everyone to work to the best of their abilities. Taking responsibility of projects through their entire lifecycle.
Properly scoping a project. Managing project budgets. Managing project resources.
Communicating with stakeholders to clarify the desired outcome of a project. Ensuring that all relevant processes are followed on projects.
Administering the allocation of jobs and budgets on a project. Managing project personnel to achieve project objectives.
Regularly review and analyses the project scope. Managing client expectations.
Identifying project risks.
Negotiating with suppliers and sub-contractors. Driving cross-functional project teams.
Agreeing project objectives.
Taking into account a client’s interests.
Ensuring that the highest quality standards are met.