Head of Operation With Large Thermal Power Plant Commissioning Experience
Last Updated: 19th February 2018 (over 4 years ago)
Doctor of Philosophy, Mechanical Engineering
Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (Hons)
— Mar 2002
Head of Operation
2. Issue Operations Daily Instructions and Operation Standing Instruction.
3. Manage and lead the day to day operational trouble shooting activities including directing maintenance personnel until complete rectification of plant defects and troubles.
4. Liaise with the Reliability & Performance department as well as Technical Support Group (TSG) personnel in executing any performance and process enhancing measures.
5. Coordinate the identification and initiation of any plant improvement initiated by the Production Operations Department.
6. Ensure the ‘safety from the system’ PTW system are being executed correctly and are adequate.
7. Manage the plant outage planning and lead the Operation Department outage team.
8. Manage and lead the recommissioning team (including maintenance personnel) and ensuring that the recommissioning activities are being carried out effectively.
9. Provide training including refresher training to operation personnel on TBEPP ‘ Safety From The System ‘ procedure and carry out assessment of personnel for issue of Safety Controller and Delegated Person Authorization Certificate
10. Maintain a high safety and quality conscious working environment, and ensure compliance with all QHSE and legislative Health & Safety and Environmental requirements.
11. Promote an effective safety culture by complying with all company and legislative safety & health requirements.
Head of Operation (Erection & Commissioning Phase
— Mar 2016
2. Coordinate hot commissioning activities and deal with OEM (GE) as well as utility (TNB) on the planning and scheduling of all the hot commissioning test including cold, warm and hot start, unit runback, house load operation, plant black out test, ST overspeed test and plant frequency response test
3. Set up Operation team in term of shift manpower for the new ultrasupercritical coal fired power plant unit. Prepare training program for the operators to ensure they are ready to take over plant once commissioning complete
4. Prepare Operation documentation which includes, System Description, Operation Procedures and Work Instruction and Alarm Response
5. Set up O&M tools and system for Operation section including NISOFT PTW system, plant SAP, operation personal and common tools, CCR voice recording system with client
6. Work together with Performance team during plant Performance Test to ensure the heat rate and efficiency achieve the desired result