I am an experienced chemistry lecturer who has specialized in Analytical Chemistry, with extensive training and expertise in molecular and atomic spectrometry research. I possess excellent knowledge of Chemistry, and am very passionate about curriculum development, especially the use of technology in teaching and learning; also very passionate about research, modelling, method development and instrument designing. My research interests include Environmental Engineering projects with special focus on environmental analytical chemistry, environmental forensics, environmental monitoring and management. I posses excellent computer skills with sound knowledge of online course development and management (Blackbody Technology and Moodle, Programming (MATLAB, Excel VBA, and Visual Studio (VB.Net)) and am knowledgeable in Web designing, building and maintenance (basic knowledge of PHP, SQL Server, MySQL).
Cambridge International School
• Preparation and delivery of Chemistry and Science classes
• Marking and preparing assessments
Cape Peninsula University of Technology
• Conducting classes, tutorials and practical sessions for Analytical Chemistry, General Chemistry, Chemical Quality Assurance and Inorganic Chemistry.
• Course coordination and development of course materials for subjects in the new qualifications.
• Conduct Research.
• Supervision of Diploma and Postgraduate students.
• Curriculum coordination and administration for the Chemistry Department, responsible development of new qualifications (Advanced Diploma in Analytical Chemistry, Postgraduate Diploma in Analytical Chemistry, BSc Chemistry Degree), and re-curriculation of existing ones.