International Business Development CEO & Interim Sales Director
Last Updated: 19th June 2018 (over 4 years ago)
Certified Management Consultant - CMC
— Apr 2018
• Interim Sales Director, IT startup in wearable fitness technology sector targeting Consumer Electronics, Sportswear, Lifestyle Retailers, Distributors and ecommerce platforms. Exhibited at International CE shows.
• Assisting and mentored business owners with fundraising presentations to Investors & Business Angels.
• Business Development project to investigate and pre-qualify global distributors for electronic personal transport and extreme sports recreational units to International Sports, Lifestyle and CE Distributors and Retailers.
• Commercial Development Director with disruptive Health & Beauty solutions provider for direct sales to leading international pharmacy chains, distributors and health care insurers.
• Accredited member of Enterprise Ireland Business Mentor Panel and reviewer of Investor Presentation pitches.
• Work with businesses in the Food – FMCG sector to position businesses for entry into retail and export markets.
Group Managing Director & President USA Division
— Oct 2013
• Transformed business from specialist print manufacture to sector leading gift, candle, fragrance and toy supplier driving revenue increases of 15% annually from $7m - $50m, consistently delivering 15% Return on Investment.
• Disposed of manufacturing facility and land bank, releasing significant cash into the business to fund growth and enabling payment of multimillion £ dividend to private and institutional investors.
• Appointed distribution partners throughout the EU, Asia, Australia, NZ, USA, Canada and S. Africa.
• Established operating structures driving cultural change in the UK and USA to directly drive sales and increase ROI.
• Appointed US management team, Territory Managers, Sales Reps., Regional Distributors, Merchandising and 3PL service providers, dramatically improving service levels, cash flow, profitability and buyer retention.
• Streamlined US operations by replacing wholesale distributors, establishing USA office and distribution center while ensuring continuation and enhancement of services to deliver increased revenues at reduced cost.
• Coordinated and managed board level relationships with leading global retailers, buyers and distributors.
• Acquired competitor companies in the US, UK and IRL and successfully integrated to core business.
• Implemented Group wide IT system to deliver a single operating platform and fully integrated divisional reporting. Introduced ISO 9002 and USA CPSC quality control standards in Ireland and USA.
• Structured Trademark and IP Licensing with subsidiary companies generating six figure annual tax savings.
• Positioned business for sale of assets to new investor. Remained with NewCo as Managing Director and President to facilitate transition (December 2012 – November 2013).
Groups Marketing Director
— Jun 1992
• Developed and coordinated buying, research, marketing, branding and business transformation strategy for SuperValu Supermarkets & Centra Foodmarkets increasing market share from 5.5% to 16%, consistently exceeding budgets and expectations.
• Created and launched SuperValu & Centra retail concepts including corporate and in-store identity, new product development, private label development and sourcing.
• Developed and implemented IP and retailer franchise licensing agreements.
• Negotiated supplier sales promotion agreements, advertising and LTA’s terms with manufactures.
• Structured funding for delivering annual multimillion £ advertising budget including: TV, radio, press, market research, buyer behavior analysis, Public Relations and Sponsorship campaigns.
• Chairman SuperValu & Centra Retail Council, Group Environmental and Liquor Buying groups. Board member of Article Numbering Association of Ireland (Bar Code Association).
• Chaired Retailer Council meetings and hosted international retailer conventions and study tours.