Business Development Leader, Operations & Management
Last Updated: 3rd November 2018 (over 4 years ago)
Specialties: General management, product management and marketing, customer success management, operations, finance, business planning and reporting.
- start-ups, business development
- strategy, planning
- sales and client management
- product / brand management
- results oriented
- data analysis
- problem solving
- decision making
- communication, leadership and teamwork
Master of Business Administration - MBA
— May 2000
Bachelor of Science (BS) - Economics
— Dec 1989
Managing Director Of Operations, Growth & Strategy
- Formulated marketing, brand planning and business-development strategies.
- Defined and implemented impactful business strategy and data driven measures of success and progress.
- Generate revenue by coaching and monitoring Customer Success staff on effective prospecting and lead development strategies.
- Monitor employee productivity and optimize procedures to reduce costs.
- Developed distribution channel strategy: wholesalers, retailers, distributors and eCommerce.
- Built productive industry and cross-industry relationships to maximize revenue generation.
- Closed an average of 34% of all leads and achieved between 110% and 120% of projected monthly sales goals.
Partner - International Markets
— Dec 2015
- Conducted due diligence and analytical work in three continents: Europe, Latin America and Africa.
- Assumed operating roles in acquired companies implementing change management and business optimization policies and procedures.
- Created presentations and reports to highlight asset strategy, operating and financial performance.
Co-Founder & COO
— Sep 2012
- Managed multiple corporate social media profiles (Facebook, Instagram, twitter, LinkedIn) and directed PR and Communications for media inquiries, press releases, and special projects.
- Consistently reviewed website analytics to identify site enhancements, optimizations, and conversions with fact based improvements to the site.
- Executed SEO strategies, streamlining the conversion funnel and indexing results geographically; increasing traffic by 35% and conversion rates by 16%.
- Ensure rapid, efficient and economical delivery of products to clientele by partnering with strategic vendors and key ecommerce providers.
— Apr 2010
- Provided leadership throughout WinZip’s portfolio of European language versions: all sales and business development functions in EMEA and LATAM, new product rollouts, key account management, customer relationship development, contract negotiations, and order fulfillment. Hold P&L and budget responsibilities.
- Managed European versions of the software (SPA, FRE, and RUS), delivering new markets and revenue growth.
- Recruited and trained EMEA customer success team that consistently exceeds all quotas earning company awards in recognition of performance.
- Leveraged interpersonal skills to develop strong, sustainable relationships with channel partners and executive decision makers of client companies.
Business Planning Analyst
— Nov 2005
- Managed individual and group performance for three sales directors and 12 sales representatives, with combined sales of ~$100MM USD.
- Regularly involved in research necessary to open new markets and monitoring the revenue generated in those markets.
- Work with Sales, Country Managers, LOBs, Engineering, Marketing, Finance, Manufacturing and Logistics to drive results.
- Coordinated inputs for monthly and quarterly forecast cycles.
- Analyzed and provided intelligence on country and customer credit risk.
— Jun 1998
Part of the Change Management practice (technology and processes) within the Lisbon, PT office. Conducted operations analysis activities in projects involving different sectors of activity: banking, insurance and health care.