MEP Project Manager, BE Mech, 18 Years Exp in Gulf, Africa, India
Last Updated: 11th May 2018 (over 4 years ago)
— Aug 2000
SENIOR MEP ENGINEER- MANAGEMENT ROLE
— Apr 2018
• To lead and direct activities related to MEP Operations & Maintenance covering in-house project through operational phases in order to provide reliable, timely, cost effective, safe and environment friendly services.
• Participate in the development of strategies, goals, objectives and performance indicators to enhance performance in support of the organizations mission statement.
• Develops an operational readiness plan for maintenance.
• Directs and manage interface coordination within the operations and maintenance teams, and across all other divisions, especially maintenance & construction.
• Develops all appropriate policies, procedures and work instructions, training ensuring compliance with all Safety, Health, Quality, Environmental and industry regulations.
• Actively participates and contributes in approval and evaluation of all Operations & Maintenance related contractual matters through good performance measures.
• Oversees the daily operations of the company to meet the goal of providing a high quality, safe, efficient and environmentally friendly MEP services.
• Conducts and or directs the investigation of accidents incidents to identify trends and training needs, minimize recurrence and assist in the determination of preventability under agreed upon guidelines. Plans, develops, implements and oversees all standard operating procedures, emergency operating procedures.
• Participates in the development of the operating and capital budgets for operations and maintenance.
• Maintenance & Projects staffing needs and manages resources to ensure that all service is delivered as scheduled.
• Oversees the employee selection and hiring process for operations and maintenance staff, conducts performance evaluations and takes corrective action as required.
• Provides direction and oversight on employee training programs and fosters a climate of communication, cooperation and respect.
• Maintains a positive, professional work environment that encourages respect, effective communication, recognizes accomplishment.
MEP & Maintenance Management:
Preventive Maintenance, Monthly & Annual Maintenance of numerous MEP equipment, HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, Centralised Heaters for Plant, Offices and Accommodations.
HVAC comprises of Chillers 100 TR to 225 TR # 26 Nos and Dx Units (PAC, FCU, Splits upto 60 TR # 1400 Nos.
Management of Entire Maintenance and Operations of HVAC systems in Plant related to Operation Control Rooms, Overhead Cranes, Operational & Production Buildings, Electrical Control Rooms, Precision ACs for data servers and many related assets
Management of MEP (Projects & Maintenance) in-charge for entire Offices (10 Buildings), Mess & Kitchen Facilities 3 Nos, Family Accommodations 300 Nos and Dormitory 300 Rooms
Contractor Management- Ensures that the nominated Facilities Management Company provides the services as agreed.
Annual Budget preparation for entire MEP Projects, Maintenance and Operation.
Material and Manpower resource planning for MEP activities and major shutdown.
Follow-up of Procurement including preparation of upcoming and planned MEP Projects, tender specifications, and Techno-commercial evaluations of offers.
Inventory control and spare parts procurement, inspections on regular basis to maintain flow on the MEP activities.
Reporting of budget consumption status to management on monthly basis and justifications for MEP
Representative and focal person for numerous Industrial, Operational, Safety audits (Internal & External) including OHSAS, ISO, QP/ MIC.
Focal person for Strategy Planning for department and enterprise tool.
Risk Champion for Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and Business Continuity Plan (BCM).
Focal Person for Enterprise Tools Safety Initiatives for PTW, LOTO, Risk Analysis, Incident Investigation, etc.