Instrumentation & Control
Last Updated: 30th May 2017 (over 5 years ago)
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Skype ID-nsranej
Mobile: +91 9769220073 Phone: +91 22 27604464
Summary of experience
An enthusiastic and results-driven professional, with extensive 18+ years of rich experience in spearheading Project and Maintenance-Instrumentation function in various industries like oil & gas, petrochemical, latex/synthetic rubber and industrial gases with key focus on process automation.
Excellent interpersonal, analytical & managerial skills.
Since December 2016 associated with M/s Heat Consultants Pvt Ltd, Sr. Manager Instrumentation- Project & Engineering.
Earlier I was associated with M/s. Apcotex Industries Ltd as a Manager – Project and maintenance for 14.3 years , and M/s Miraj Instrumentation Services(I) Pvt Ltd as a Sr. Instrument engineer (erection & commissioning-Oil & Gas), M/s Ani Instrument Pvt ltd as a site supervisor (Project & maintenance-ONGC Hazira)
Bachelor of Technology in Instrumentation and Controls from KSOU, Karnataka, India, 1999
Diploma in Instrumentation Technology from VPM Polytechnic , Board Of Technical Exam., Maharashtra , India, 1995
Bachelor program in engineering – Specialization- Electrical and Electronics from Khatu Shyam technology management Institute from Delhi University.2016
Advanced Diploma in Business Administration from Welingkar Institute of Management & Technology.2015
MBA in operation from Welingkar Institute of Management & Technology April 2017
Implemented ERP (Navision) Plant maintenance module.
Implemented “Customized Maintenance Management” Software.
Training Attended recently:
Attended Training on Centrifugal compressor -600 TR chiller by Trane at Lacrosse-USA.
Attended training on “Calibration Process and Techniques” at Danfoss – Denmark.
Training on Implementing Total Productive Maintenance Principles
(TPM) by JIPM, Japan.
Certified Internal Quality Auditor for ISO 9001:2000 from Asian Institute Of Quality Management Mumbai.
Attended 4 days hands-on training on Flow metering system at IDEMI Mumbai.
Training program on self & team development, Taloja Raigad.
Project Management for green field as well as brown field projects.
Well experienced in control logic philosophy.
Cause and Effect Analysis for control system.
Preparation and understanding of P&ID and Process flow chart.
Thorough in design, selection, installation and commissioning of all types of processing instruments like mass flow meters, transmitters, control valves, level sensors, CCTV, gas detection system etc.
Knowledge in cabling, power distribution, Motors and pumps, heat exchangers
Working collaboratively with design engineers, operation engineers, purchasers and other internal staff.
Understanding and ensuring compliance with relevant health and safety regulations and quality standards
Providing advice and consultancy support for cable tray, lying, junction box installation and termination.
Writing computer software and test procedures.
Ability to translate process instrumentation and control requirements into a robust, reliable PLC and DCS-based automation system.
Define requirements of DCS in terms of I/O counts, Operator & Engineering Stations, Power Distribution Scheme, Third Party Interfaces, system cabinets
Guide team of engineers of DCS Vendors as well as in-house engineers for development of Control Logic, SCADA and Report Generation.
Well experienced in Yokogawa, Siemens, and Microverse DCS.
Well experienced in Onspec 32, IHMI and Pscope SCADA including mimic development, programming in control language and third party interface with SCADA
Revamping and up gradation of Control System with minimum shutdown period.
Evolve innovative Control Strategies
Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
Hazop study, LOPA and Safety Integration Level (SIL)
Utility Automation-Refrigeration system, Cooling Towers. Boiler, Compressor, Nitrogen plant, Mist type cooling tower and Condensers.
Cost/Man-Hour Estimates and Feasibility studies.
Analyzed all change requests and prepared requirements for project.
Developed manuals for scripts to be implemented by user.
Assisted users in understanding and executing automation scripts.
Working with M/s M/s Heat Consultants Pvt Ltd, Head Instrumentation- Project & Engineering from Dec 2016 onwards
Role: Sr. Manager Instrumentation- Project & Engineering.
Responsible for Engineering & Design of process instrumentation and DCS architecture/ tendering/ Techno-commercial Operations, control logic philosophy.
At present working on
• 3 MW power plant (Extraction and condensing turbine ) ,Jobs involves in designing of all processing instruments, plant layout, system architecture of DCS and control logic philosophy for entire power plant.
• Preparation of Functional Design Specification (FDS)
• Development of Control logic philosophy for 50 load cell base tanks and reactor automation including DCS configuration, architecture and Hazop study.
Worked with M/s. Apcotex Industries Ltd as a Manager –Project and Maintenance - from Sept. 2002 to Dec.2016.
Apcotex is a petrochemical company, leading producers of synthetic emulsion polymers in India.
Role: Responsible for Project and maintenance of both plant –Taloja Raigad, Maharashtra and Valia Ankaleshwar Gujarat.
Growth Path in Apcotex:
• Sept’2002 to March’2008 Maintenance Officer-Instrumentation
• Since April 2008 to Mar’2011 Executive-Project & maintenance
• Since April 2011 to Mar’ 2013 Assistant manager-Project & maintenance
• Since April 2013 to Dec’ 2016 Manager-Project & Maintenance
Key Deliverables- Project - Apcotex Industries Ltd.
Define the basic Instrumentation and process control automation schemes as per the design standards.
Define Automation concept for the process control.
Support and coordinate with other disciplines regarding Instrumentation requirements: Develop Instrumentation and automation concepts and standards in-coordination with process, mechanical and electrical.
Prepare Approved bidders list and obtain budgetary quotes.
Prepare/ Approve Instrument Process Data Sheets, Control automation concept.
Evaluate Technical Bids from Supplier and prepare Technical Bid evaluations, automation concept, and Review Vendor Drawings / Docs discipline. Coordinate quality assurance for goods and services. Compliance with agreed health, safety and environmental objectives.
Identifying and removing hurdles/bottlenecks to keep project activity on schedule.
FAT Co-ordination for all internal projects
Classification of Hazardous and None Hazardous area.
Tracking and Timely completion of Projects as per Target date.
Key Deliverables- Maintenance- Apcotex Industries Ltd.
• Capex : Planning , Budgeting ,Purchase , Commissioning , reconciliation and benefit Assessment
• Purchase : Quotations of Engineering Material and general items, Annual Maintenance Contract ,annual Rate contract ,Year-end declarations
• Calibration : Inclusion / deletion of equipment for calibration in the annual calibration chart ,finalization of frequency of calibration , review of calibration status
• Maintenance: Review of Preventive, predictive and breakdown maintenance with team, planning of yearly maintenance and shutdown, analysis of breakdowns by using WHY-WHY analysis , Fish Bone diagram tools
• Cost Control : Preparation of Annual Budget for Revenue expenditure such “Stores , Spares ,Repairs” and “Power & Fuel” for entire plant and establish control mechanism
Liasioning / Networking with Statutory bodies such as Factory Inspector, Boiler Inspector and weights /measurement authority
Other maintenance Activities
• Optimization of process by minimum utilization of utilities, manpower & other energy resources.
• Working for effective implementation of quality system & TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) as well as ISO14001: OSHAS18001.
• Looking after various administrative activities related to Maintenance
• Reduce inventory cost.
• Implementation of Life Cycle cost concept for all rotary equipment.
• Original Equipment Manufacturers
• Statutory bodies ( Boiler , W&M, Electrical Inspector, Factory Inspector)
I. Successfully completed automation projects for utility and process
Successfully completed Continuous Monomer Addition project (7500 IOs) worth Indian Rs. 230.0 Million (US $ 3.5 Million) under Altek International FZE (process consultant), United Kingdom. Project consists of continuous addition of monomers like Acrylonitrile, styrene, butadiene and butyl acrylate from storage tanks to reactors with precise flow measurement, safety interlocks and fully automated batch recipes. Installation of remote DCS for all monomer storage tanks with full automation, Hazop study and hooked up with main DCS console by optical fiber networking.
II. Successfully completed automation of reactor and utility Equipment.
1. Ammonia Based Chilling Plant – capacity 150 TR *4 with complete automation system including condenser and cooling tower.
2. Fully automated system for compressed air with master slave concept and reduced total running hours in a day for 4 compressors from 48 hours to 27 hours. Project Cost –Rs.2.2 Million, savings achieved –Rs. 2.6 Million
3. Trane make Centrifugal Chiller – 2 x 600 TR with bacnet communication and installed parallel safety interlock system for chiller compressor and pumping system. Project Cost – Rs. 21.8 Million, savings achieved –Rs. 13.8 Million
4. Installation and commissioning of mist type cooling tower of 2000 TR capacity including automation of pumping and spraying system. Rs. 22.1 Million, savings achieved –Rs. 22.3 Million.
5. Automation of Nitrogen Plant of 100 NM3/hour and linked to air compressor system in DCS.
6. Automation project of Coal Fired Boiler – 3TPH including 3 element control, sequential operation of bag house, mechanical dust collector and pressurized economizer.
7. Installation and commissioning of Forced Circulation System on reactor mechanical seal.
8. Automation project of FO fired Boiler – 3 TPH.
9. Automation of Cooling Towers – 300TR * 8 nos.
10. Installation and commissioning of 25 Tanks weighing system.
11. Reactor Automation – 12 nos. x 50 KL project consists of installation of 44 no’s of on off auto valves with temperature, pressure and gas detection system on each reactor.
12. DCS with complete control rooms (6) set up 12 work station, 4 Engineering station, web server, printer, cable routing etc.
13. Automation of MCCs and PCCs and communication with DCS.
14. Installation and commissioning of Gas detection system, CCTV and fire alarm system.
Worked with M/s Miraj Instrumentation Services, as a Senior Instrument engineer from Dec 1999 to August 2002.
Miraj is one of the well-known & reputed contractors to offer Instrumentation & Electrical Installation Services all over India and abroad. Company served various industries like Oil and Gas, Power, Fertilizer, Chemical, Water, Life science etc. with vast experience and knowhow of the industry.
Role: Supervising all activities of Erection and commissioning
Key Deliverables: Sites Handled under Miraj Instrumentation Services
I. Reliance Industries Ltd- Erection and commissioning of power plant (4 *35 MW) and Fuel cracking unit (FCU)
Installation of field instruments, main and secondary cable tray, cable laying and cable termination of instruments.
Instrument cable termination & continuity checking at both instrument sides & field junction box sides in accordance with the designed drawings.
To maintain engineering standards and specifications related to instrumentation.
Installation of hook up Air tubing, Impulse tubing & analyzer tubing. Loop drawing and loop checking of instruments.
Verification of Detailed Engineering Documents which includes PFS & PEFS (P&ID), Instruments Tag list, Instruments and JB location Layout, Instruments Cable trench and Tray layout, Instruments Cable schedule, Functional Logic Diagram and Loop Diagrams, Panel Wiring Diagrams and PLC Specification.
II. Visakhapatnam HPCL Refinery- Erection and commissioning of Sulphur Recovery unit (SRU) -
Preparation of all Test Packs which includes instruments calibration report, installation report, JB installation report, cable continuity checking report and Loop checking report.
Supervision of site construction activities and maintaining daily/weekly progress report.
Erection and Commissioning of all field instruments (Pressure, Temperature, Flow and level instruments), Control Valves, On-Off Valves, ESD Valves.
Loop checking of all instruments.
III. Godrej & Boyce Ltd Vikhroli Mumbai - Installation and commissioning of process instruments for Vapor recovery skid plant of Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.
Job includes calibration of all field instruments, control valves ,
Servicing of pneumatic actuators.
Completed all project activities within time.
Cable tray routing changes which impacted on cable quantity and installation items.
Appreciated from clients for timely completion of the projects by following safety rules, implemented design practices as well as executed the facility with properly follow execution methods and schedule.
Worked with M/s Ani Instruments Private Limited (Mumbai, Maharashtra, India) as a site supervisor from May 1995 to June 1996.
I. ONGC Hazira, Gujarat- Maintenance of Gas sweetening, co-generation and gantry loading Plant.
Job includes calibration of all processing instruments like differential pressure transmitter, Level transmitter, control valves, PRV, etc.
Preparation of shutdown schedules. Maintenance of spares.
Servicing of mechanical PD flow meters. Calibration and testing of Gas detectors (PPM and LEL type) used for hydrocarbon, O2 and H2 application.
Address. Chinmay CHS, Flat No. 703,
Plot no. 19, sector 6, Airoli,
Navi Mumbai 400708
Date of Birth: 29th May 1972
Languages Known – English, Hindi, Marathi
Hobbies – Playing Cricket, Watching Movies
Marital Status: Married
Dr. A.K. Shah – Managing Director,
M/s Heat Consultants Pvt. Ltd.,
Mobile +91 9819827853 / +91 9892547853
Mr. Y. B. Gadgil – Executive Director- Operations
M/s Apcotex Industries Ltd.,
Mobile +91 9821914641
Mr. Girish Mehendale-Managing Director
M/s Microverse Automation, Pune
Cell No. +919960092544
Mr. Madhav Kane
Consulting Process Control Engineer, Cell No. +919422362888