Professional Civil/Procurement/Contracts Engineer with Hands-on Experience of +15 Years
Last Updated: 8th August 2018 (over 4 years ago)
— Aug 2000
Sr. Procurement Engineer
• Procurement of Capital, Production & Maintenance Consumables for Five Steel Plants of ATG.
• Placement of Long Lead Equipment’s, Capital Equipment’s and Routine Project Purchase.
• Worked as Sr. Procurement Engineer for Projects like Air Separation Plant, Arab Steel Plant, KISHKO, Natural Gas Treatment Plant etc.
• Identify new vendors for new /regular materials. Negotiate pricing contracts with subcontractors and suppliers. Meet subcontractors and suppliers on-site as necessary. Maintain relationships with subcontractors and suppliers. Develop and implement new purchasing strategies to deliver ongoing cost reductions and process simplification.
• Making of Tender document for Civil Projects & Safe Documentation for ISO.
• Evaluates and verifies vendor/ supplier offers from a technical and commercial point of view. Participates in vendor/ supplier negotiations to get best offers
• Issue purchase orders for procurement and expedition of materials and equipment for jobs
• Ensure compliance to project budgets and provide analysis of deviations. Ensure accurate takeoffs to ensure budgets are accurate. Price comparison & finalization in consultation with Senior Mgmnt.
• To facilitate budget section for preparing the bids by providing the information including rate of material, equipment’s, subcontractors and others as per requirements.
• Ensure compliance to project budgets and provide analysis of deviations. Ensure accurate takeoffs to ensure budgets are accurate. Price comparison and finalization in consultation with the Senior Management. Prepare Documentation for Variations for Claims Management Team.