Last Updated: 19th February 2018 (over 4 years ago)
10991 Patina CT
San Diego, California 92131
Cell (858) 357-4607
A position as a Product Manager
• 17 years of experience including sales applications engineering, digital hardware design, product management and marketing
• Team player with excellent problem solving, communication and presentation skills.
• Extensive exposure with customers in North America and Asia.
• Broad experience in the high-tech with expertise in the Consumer Electronics and Networking Equipment Specifically Networking connectors, Central Office and RF filters
• Creative, quick learner, committed to continuous learning and able to deal with complex ideas and concepts.
• Product marketing, product management, product road maps, forecasting
• Sales training, Customer requirements document & Product specifications
• Financial analysis, budgeting, ROI analysis
• MS Office, Salesforce, SAP, Product Lifecycle Management
• Marketing materials, product demos, Trade shows
Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana August 1997 - December 1999
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE)
Sr. Product Marketing Manager
Pulse Electronics, San Diego, CA August 2010 – January 2018
Sr. Product Marketing Manager for Pulse Electronics $75M Network Access BU
• Responsible for LAN products including connectors, magnetics, ICM and Telecom Central office products
• Managed all aspects of product life cycle, from concept to end of life and replacement recommendations
• Developed and implemented marketing strategies to maximize growth and profitability
• Developed sales training materials and quarterly training programs
• New product development plans and product road maps
• Developed new products to address market needs and technology trends
• Conducted Market research and competitive analysis
• Lead all product related activities such as development, definition, pricing, cost control and promotional plans
• Lead cross-functional teams and launched new products for major OEMs such as Cisco, Dell, Intel, Oracle, Huawei and Samsung
• Developed and maintained relationships with CMs and silicon vendors
Senior Applications Engineer November 2008 – August 2010
Ostendo Technologies Inc, Carlsbad, CA
Small startup Technology Company creating the world’s first curved desktop display
• Worked closely with marketing, product management and engineering teams to ensure delivery of a quality product which meets customer needs
• Performed product demonstrations and attended trade shows
• Extensive travel to foreign and domestic customer sites to do equipment calibration and demonstrations
• Researched product requirements and created documentation
Senior Field Applications Engineer May 2006 – September 2008
Advanced Micro Devices (former ATI), Digital TV Division, San Diego, CA
ATI acquired by AMD in March 2007
• Responsible for supporting AMD's digital TV product portfolio that include XILLEON & THEATER brand for complete DTV solution (Front End & Beck End video processing SoC) and 120Hz panel processors.
• Conducted XILLEON Demonstrations to N. American DTV OEM's such as Sony, Sanyo, Mitsubishi, Vizio, Westinghouse and Syntax; and worked with major Asian ODM's such as Wistron, Tatung, and Foxconn.
• Supported customers during pre-sales and post sales efforts. Support involved guiding customers during architectural definition, design phase, schematic review and PCB layout as well as helping customers during bring up stages including system debug and optimization.
• Resolved customer issues working internally with marketing, engineering and sales teams; and also assisted customers in defining final product features and specifications.
• Created product requirements document, project plan across software, hardware, marketing and sales teams for the XILLEON demonstrations systems. The system are used by sales and marketing teams for demonstrating XILLEON technology to secure new and existing business at trade shows and customer visits.
Senior Hardware Engineer November 2000 – May 2006
Motorola Inc, Broadband communication Sector, San Diego, CA
• Lead digital designer for Motorola's DCT2500 & DCT700 cable set-top box (STB); worked on entire product cycle from concept to production.
• Worked with team of engineers to help service providers in initial equipment certification efforts to ensure interoperability between STB’s and cable television headend.
• Planned, developed, performed and documented design verification tests on pre-production product designs to ensure compliance to product requirements.
• Assisted in obtaining regulatory and industry certifications such as USB certification.
• Wrote application notes, design documents and generated schematic, BOM and printed circuit board layout guidelines using Orcad / allegro.
• Resolved factory and customer issues on ongoing productions units.
• Developed and debugged prototype engineering development units using testing & measurement equipment including Oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers, MPEG analyzer and in-circuit emulators such as VisionClick.
• Prepared failure and root cause analysis reports and made recommendations to design teams.
• Interfaced at all levels within Motorola and across all functional organizations of Engineering, Marketing, and Manufacturing during the product development process.
Test Engineer December 1999 - November 2000
Applied Materials Inc, Test Engineering Division, Santa Clara, CA
• Lead a small team of associate test engineers to maintain quality control at AMAT vendor sites.
• Designed test cases for AMAT Bay Area Test Engineering team.
• Resolved issues related to vendor product quality testing at supplier factories.
• Worked with New Product Development Group on development of Self Ionized Plasma PVD and Integrated PVD/CVD Technologies.
• Designed I/O Cards and Chamber Harness for EnduraSL wafer handling system.
• Created a BOM for the chamber harness and worked closely with vendors to get the parts ordered.