Senior Mechanical Engineer (Static/Rotating)
Last Updated: 31st July 2019 (over 3 years ago)
Worked in a multidiscipline team environment, set internal procedures and controls, hands-on engineer who engaged and monitored closely contractors, engineering officers and made visits to construction and operating sites consistently.
BSc. Mechanical Engineering
— Dec 1999
Senior Mechanical & Commissioning Engineer
Provide first line response to Contractor’s piping and facilities design and layout, rotating equipment and mechanical engineering technical queries.
Provide recommendations, input and direction to the Contractor’s piping and facilities design and layout, rotating equipment and mechanical equipment design effort in order to facilitate progress and to achieve fitness for purpose.
Provide assistance in the contracting activities, including preparation of tender enquiry documents, preparation of responses to tenderers requests for technical clarifications; and the review and clarification of contract tender documents.
Ensuring compliance with Petronas’ project management procedures and technical specification
Provide input to formal audit of the contractor’s procedures and processes against the requirements of the scope of work
Assist in the precommissioning and commissioning of new or modified plant or equipment
Managing and taking action on client initiated changes
Project Lead Engineer
— Apr 2018
Analysing the project requirements with consideration of Client long term plan in line with company objectives. -
Analysing detailed plan and approach with regards to technology, methodology, commonality and impact to project objectives. - Identification of areas for improvement and effective design engineering and project implementation practices. -
Optimisation of facilities configurations and establish / recommend best configuration and analyse specific requirement. Spearhead full spectrum project development & commercial functions for both offshore and onshore facilities across the globe. Conceive and implement the medium as well as long term Business Strategies and Plans to secure new projects and repeat business. Ensure strict compliance to HSE requirements and inculcate the HSE work culture. Foster a conducive working environment to encourage team cohesiveness and commitment. Nurture, guide & motivate subordinates towards delivering breakthrough performances Interface Coordinator Interfacing of the Mechanical Equipments with other Topside equipments, i.e. Gas Turbine Compressor, Gas Turbine Generator, Fire Water Pump Package, Skid Packages, and Pumps.
Senior Mechanical Engineer
— Jun 2016
• Led the design of mechanical equipment Mechanical Equipment Handling & Selection during FEED as well as Detail Design in line with Malaysia Project Design Standard (MPDS).
• Coordinated consultants, contractors and PMT members in the execution of mechanical engineering activities.
• Performed P&IDs, vendor data and technical specification reviews as well as engineering study and analysis.
• Established the inspection and test plans including witnessing site acceptance tests.
• Conducted PDMS modelling as well as ensured the completeness and accuracy of all equipment data sheet.
• Served as System Owner to Mechanical packages while monitoring the completion of Mechanical Works and System Commissioning.
• Provided key insights on HAZOP’s review and Risk Management activities while supporting the procurement of mechanical equipment.
Senior Mechanical Engineer,
— Feb 2009
• Managed the project execution in meeting cost, quality, schedules and safety requirements.
• Developed Mechanical Static detail and comprehensive project plans while implementing effective design engineering as well as project implementation practices.
• Produced detailed drawings, manuals, design report and specification for optimum fabrication as well as work activities.
• Planned and executed contracting strategies while conducting technical evaluation as well as recommended design contracts.
• Defined contract scope of work as well as selected competent and qualified bidders.
• Led technical integrity check of project deliverables including validation of all designs, calculations, scope of work specifications, bills of quantities as well as drawings and reports.
• Provided technical support throughout various phases of project execution encompassing Conceptualization, Detailed Design, Factory Acceptance Test as well as Fabrication, Hook-up & Commissioning.
• Developed and reviewed key technical as well as work processes while identifying and applying new technology for effective cost optimization.
Senior Mechanical Engineer
— Jul 2011
• Developed the Mechanical Packages Technical Specifications during FEED and Detail Design while establishing inter-disciplinary check (IDC) for drawings and equipment.
• Ensured all design and analysis works are in line with PETRONAS requirements, project specifications, codes and standards, and regulatory/statutory requirements.
• Reviewed and approved vendors’ installation and Isometric drawings as well as P&ID while conducting vendor data review and data incorporation.
• Ensured periodical review of PDMS models to prevent conflicts.
• Ensured effective management of Site Technical Queries to prevent change orders and contract variations.
• Carried out technical evaluation of tender documents as well as ensured all documents are accurately maintained, consolidated and controlled.
• Supervised all fabrication and installation activities while providing technical assistance across all phases of execution.
• Oversaw all commissioning activities including Workpack review, onsite contractors management as well as HSE adherence while introducing a commissioning progress track chart.
• Forged excellent relationship with all stakeholders while ensuring swift resolution of all issues.
• Recommended solutions based on risk analysis calculation as well as best engineering practice concepts.
Operations Engineer (Sarawak Operations),
— Jan 2006
• Managed evaluation processes, scope, price negotiation and awards including contractors and sub-contractors evaluation while ensuring all relevant approvals are obtained.
• Reviewed the work packages and spading lists as well as established Specific Instruction for Simultaneous Operations (SISO) for a variety of projects.
• Assisted in conducting issues troubleshooting and investigations while providing cost effective solutions.
• Performed minor and major overhaul procedures as well as supported to the Senior Engineers during planned and unplanned maintenance.
• Conducted a myriad of HSE activities including HAZOP study, Plant General Inspection as well as reviewing and preparing Accidents Investigations Report (SIIR) and Near Misses while ensuring high HSE standards.
• Served as the backup Production Supervisor to maintain the quality of the crude and ensured Miri Crude Oil Terminal Effluent Water Quality Control discharge is below 40ppm.
• Monitored tanker loading and Refinery transfer with quality export crude in line with the specification.
• Ensured continuous gas supply to Petronas Gas Bhd with zero interruption.
• Appointed as task member in Project Independent Review (PIR) and Line Department Review (LDR) sessions while taking on the role of assessor in Project Risk Assessment (PRA).
• Played a key role in the New MCOT Flare Project and Tank 90 Project.
— Apr 2004
• Developed feasibility and testing methods as well as test properties to verify and assure system as well as product capabilities.
• Designed and modified equipment in developing manufacturing processes while establishing testing methods to assure system and product quality.
• Gathered and analyzed engineering data in preparing the product reports.
• Coordinated maintenance and repairs in line with manufacturers’ instructions.