Senior project Engineer/ Project Manager
Last Updated: 20th August 2019 (over 3 years ago)
I'm a skilled Project Engineer/Manager with a solid background in international contracts/project management and operations coordination. At the moment I'm working in Qatar and i worked in several regions such as Algeria, Angola, middle-east countries, Norway, UAE, Germany, France and UK. Work experience includes managing projects from conception to completion within an agreed schedule and budget. Achieved by means of a strong commercial awareness, lateral thinking, as well as excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills. Thrives in an environment where decisions are made, targets are achieved and a legacy is passed on.
Working in climatic conditions ranging from +50°C to -50°C, significant experience gained in the design, construction, commissioning and operating activities for both offshore/onshore production plant and pipelines on projects valued between $250,000 and $10 billion.
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE
More than fifteen (15) years of extensive Oil &Gas project management (national/oversees), occupying positions of senior Project Engineer, Senior Mechanical / Piping Engineer, Construction Manager, Supervisor, Superintendent & Inspector. During my career I have worked on various major Oil & Gas projects Greenfields & Brownfield, Overland Pipelines, Oil & Gas Process facilities, Separation Plants, LNG Plants, LPG Plants, Refineries, Oil Terminal, and Onshore Modules etc.
• Skilled Project Engineer/Manager with a solid background in international contracts/project management and operations co-ordination. Lived and worked in Algeria, Middle East, Norway, and UK. Work experience includes managing projects from conception to completion within an agreed schedule and budget. Achieved by means of a strong commercial awareness, lateral thinking, as well as excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills. Thrives in an environment where decisions are made, targets are achieved and a legacy is passed on.
• Working in climatic conditions ranging from +50°C to -50°C, significant experience gained in the design, construction, commissioning and operating activities for both offshore/onshore production plant and pipelines on projects valued between $250,000 and $10 billion.
• Aligning the completions work processes and tools during FEED to Monitor and Control the EPC Contractors Engineering deliverables related to Piping Material, Valves,
• Fabrication of Pressure Vessels and Rotating Equipment Manufacturing, Reviewing of Engineering Submittals and Procedures, Pre-Commissioning and Commissioning
• Support Project start-up and ensure high Quality and Safety levels procedures throughout the Projects execution.
• Prior to relocating onto site during the construction phase. Managing the Day to Day functions of the site office.
• Supervising teams of Engineers and Inspectors of all disciplines of various nationalities.
• Managing the Quality Surveillance (QA/QC) (HSE) of (EPC) contractors works from the grass roots to mechanical completion and hand over to Clients, as per International Codes and Standards ISO 9001, ASME / ANSI, API, BS ASME31.1, 31.3 & 31.8 and ASTM.
— Aug 2019
Degree Bachelor (BSc/BA) Mechanical Engineering of Oil & Gas Plants. Honours Mechanical Engineering with Management
— Jul 2003
Senior Project Engineer
My role effectively works in collaboration with all functional groups within BCEC, sub-contractors, vendors and customer representatives to ensure that all project requirements are met as laid out in the contract, and to provide execution support to the Project Manager.
• Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management.
• Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors.
• Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
• Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests.
• Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
• Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
• Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
• Controls project costs by approving expenditures; administering contractor contracts.
• Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Maintains project data base by writing computer programs; entering and backing up data.
• Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Senior Project Engineer (Process Piping & Mechanical)
— Dec 2018
• A member of the Projects Engineering Team, where responsible of project management of process piping and Gathering System through the phase's initiation, study, engineering, procurement and construction up to hand over of installation packages and Facilitate communication between Engineering & Procurement contractor and Construction Team.
• Project management and single point accountability (SPA) for wells, flowlines and gathering systems.
• Also SPA for various mechanical / piping projects within CPF and other field locations.
• Implement infrastructure installation and upgrades to meet field production requirements using management of change (MOC) process. Extensive knowledge and use of Guidance on Certification (GOC) procedures.
• Focusing on excellent HS&E performance and supporting operational requirements in a remote and challenging environment at all four In Amenas fields.
• Interface and single point contact for engineering, procurement and construction contractors.
• Management of the projects CAPEX budget.
• Extensive working knowledge and use of ASME and API design standards relating to piping, piping equipment, vessels and tanks, including inspection, maintenance and repair (including ASME B16, B31, B36, ASME VIII, API 653, 650).
• Various multi-discipline projects of all sizes encompassing - mechanical, electrical, civil construction, instrumentation, piping, process, environmental disciplines.
• Review contractor & vendor construction work packs, drawings, documents, design calculations, piping material specification, piping class and valve datasheets as per project requirement.
• Participate in 3D model review, constructability review and design review with Contractors, Hazid, Hazop and risk reviews meetings in-house and with engineering contractors.
• Key experience gained; piping design and analysis, valve selection, pressure vessel design and failure, hot-taping, pegging, investigations (RCFA). I have developed skills on piping stress software (Caesar II, FE pipe) and Finite Element Software (ANSYS)
— Sep 2010
Expected construction spending of $250 MM over the 3-5 years.
• Lead the site construction team, on Gas Processing CPF and 13%Cr Pipeline/Gathering systems. Construction of 13%Cr flow lines/gathering system, monitor all ISG field construction activities, to deliver construction contractor’s performance and ensure it is in accordance with site requirements, and fulfills contract obligations with respect to HSE, quality assurance, cost and schedule.
Support the development of the Construction team’s individual and team competencies.
• Managed and delivered the Brownfield construction element scope. That included live process tie-ins, Km’s of pipeline, civil infrastructure and site operating building. New modular control building. Planning and delivery of 2008,2009 & 2010 TAR scope. Recruited BP construction & COW team. Managed the build and established site operating facilities.
• Interface with engineering to ensure on timely delivery of drawings, specifications, and construction material to the site
• Provide support to construction contractor for development of HSE plan, training program, method statements and risk assessments for all high risk activities
• Interface with authorities to ensure all required construction and start-up permits are in place
• Provide assurance to OPS management team at the site by issuing pertinent construction, HSE, QA/QC, schedule, & cost reports
• Ensure Lessons Learned from previous site construction works are applied to future construction works.
Site construction Manager
— Nov 2007
• Drafting weekly and monthly progress reports and overseeing the construction of all Mechanical Works. Hands-on experience engaged in overseeing pipe fabrication, NDT, installation and the commissioning of Oil & Gas pipelines. process Piping Systems, managing Hydro-testing of pipelines, start - up, pre- operation testing and commissioning of all Mechanical equipment, Vertical and Horizontal Pumps, Gas Turbines, Gas Compressors, Boilers, Crude Oil Heaters, HVAC (Chilled Water and Dx systems),Vessels, Fire Protection systems . Hydrostatic testing /Holiday testing of piping systems.
• Reviewing contractors Shop drawings, technical submittals, Project schedules & manpower prior to being the Site Engineer during the construction phases.
• Reviewing and approving Monthly progress payments, As - built drawings, spare parts listing and O & M manuals.
Lead Construction Engineer (Piping & Mechanical)
— Sep 2006
• Spearheaded a wide range of activities related to the construction project by handling area delivery, System delivery, developing and retaining system completion through test packs and approving test packs at the various stages of process cycle. Contractor team building through regular meetings and presentations. One team approach mentoring key personnel on their delivery.
• Supported the construction processes by mentoring sub-contractor audits, RFI Pipe line walk downs, MOC set up and completion, structural and mechanical walks and sign off. Mentoring and Auditing of contractor permits. Auditing contractor work sites with regard to COW compliance
• Leading the construction team, giving focus and direction to key issues.
• Conducting audits and cooperated with the project management team of both client and contractor. Efficiently administered oversite through contractor engagement and compliance management, along with examining the contractor on their contractual safety obligation and weekly delivery through their site team.
• Key interface and focus on site safety, safety leadership and compliance to company safety systems.
• Coordinating and Leading the close out of MOC’s for all disciplines.
• Determine the date of subcontractor move-in.
• Management, supervision, guidance and overview of subcontractor’s direct supervision to implement the requirements of the subcontract related to pre-mechanical completion and commissioning activities.
• Ensuring that the interface management process is implemented correctly and that processes to support the pre-commissioning/commissioning schedule are implemented.
• Managing the control of N2 He leak testing, Chemical Cleaning, Hot Oil Flushing and retro Jetting of pipe work for Commissioning and Pre-Commissioning activities.