Last Updated: 18th April 2019 (over 3 years ago)
• Solid technical background with experienced in design calculation and analysis of structures including process and non-process buildings, piperacks, stair tower structure, tower crane foundation, pipe supports, equipment foundations, tank foundations, vessel foundations, and platforms etc.
• Experienced in developing engineering studies, design criteria, design brief, technical specification, detail engineering drawings, engineering analysis and design calculation, developing construction procedures, tender and contract documents and subsequent approval process.
• Skilled in linear, non-linear and dynamic analysis of the structures & experienced in geotechnical analysis and design of shallow and deep foundations, and retaining walls.
• Expertise in preparation & reviewing of civil/structural drawings, contract documents, technical report writing, cost effective solutions, estimating, budgeting, and competitive bidding.
• Experienced in managing projects in terms of design optimization, safety, cost, quality, time, operability, maintainability, and simplicity
• Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Well conversant with major engineering codes and standards including IBC, ACI 318, NBC, PIP, CSA A23, CSA S16, AISC, ASCE and sound knowledge about CNRL, Husky, Suncor and Shell’s Standards.
• Proficient of using STAAD Pro, S-Frame, ETABS, AutoCAD, REVIT, MS Project & Office package
Professional Engineer (P.Eng)
Master of Civil Engineering (Major in Structure)
— Apr 2009
• Develop /direct development of project briefs, conceptual plans, functional plans, and preliminary and final designs, for new or reconstructed civil/structural projects.
• Provide technical advice, design and supports and implements capital and O&M civil/structural projects
• Provide engineering design, construction supports and contract administrative services for implementing the projects.
• Coordinate the civil design and implementation and Environment Canada's meteorological compound projects, on behalf of third-party interests
Professional Structural Engineer
— May 2018
• Performed regular inspection for temporary structure and civil/structural facilities for condition assessment and coordinate with site service and safety department, provide professional and technical advice for safety issue.
• Participated in weekly project meeting to address progress and discussed technical issues.
• Reviewing shop drawing and specifications in determining construction feasibility and propose required adjustment and modifications.
Sr. Civil/Structural Engineer
— May 2016
• Identified design requirements, Communicating with other discipline for design input, defining scope of work, preparing Design Basis Criteria, specification and construction work package, reviewing drawings, documents and stamping them as well.
• Administered contracts including tender evaluation & providing clients with recommendations, reviewing change orders, contractors’ invoices and issuing payment certificates
• Performed engineering analysis, assessment, prepared inspection report and verified as-built drawing.
• Reviewed and prepared detailed designs for various civil structural items; road, bridge, culvert, foundations, structures and sanitary sewer.
• Performed design calculation (By using CAD, Hand, MS Excel) engineering analysis, prepared detailing for drafting and design.
• Performed site inspection to oversee the work to ensure compliance with design, specification, Code and CSA standard.
— Nov 2013
• Designed the Oil/gas production facilities including site grading, access roads, drainage systems and retention pond
• Performed design calculation and structural integrity analysis for pipe rack structures, equipment supports & foundations, process and non-process buildings structures
• Executed assigned engineering topics associated to design optimization in terms of safety, operability, maintainability, cost and simplicity
• Provides input to the Civil/Structural Scope of Work and construction scope definition as per project requirements
• Prepare material take-offs/Bills of Quantities (MTOs/BOQ), project specifications and design criteria
• Incorporated client comments as per specifications, codes and standards and prepared comment resolution report
— Feb 2012
• Analyzed and designed of reinforced concrete and steel structures of different projects using computer aided software STAAD Pro, L-Pile and STAAD Pro Foundation
• Reviewed and verified drawings before issue for construction.
• Prepared calculation reports based on analysis and developed design brief report
• Reviewed client technical documents and requirements.
• Prepared project scope of work and specifications for materials, equipment purchase and installation.
• Inspected field to oversee the construction work to ensure compliance with design, Alberta Building Code and CSA standard.
• Prepared final reports of the site visit activities, progress, field problems, comments and decision based on engineering judgments.
— Feb 2006
• Managed assigned projects, ensuring effective teamwork and communication, high standards of work quality and organizational performance.
• Prepared final plans and provided design support during the planning and developed engineering specifications, standard for structures and infrastructure projects
• Provided technical advice, review and expertise and utilizes standard engineering principles and practices to assist in the operation and development
• Planned, investigated and prepared reports and recommendations concerning engineering problems of moderate complexity and assisted senior engineers to resolve more complex problems. Ensured problem solving by use of combination of standard procedures, modification of standard procedures.
• Worked on Civil items including site grading, internal road and paving, sanitary sewer, and pipe & box culvert and bridges
• Conducted regular inspections to ensure quality of work as per plan, standard and project specifications
• Prepared interim and final completion report and certify payment according to contract term.
• Initiated corrective engineering action on day to day field oriented construction problem
• Performed design calculation review, verification and all kind of study activities and Prepared RFI resolution
• Reviewed specifications, drawings and documents and made comments submitted by the consultants.
• Prepared procurement support packages including RFQ, PO and tendering documents. Arranged tendering process and respond bidder’s inquiries
— Apr 2001
• Performed site inspection to follow up construction progress as per schedule and ensure design specification and integrity of structure
• Performed engineering duties in planning, designing, and overseeing construction works
• Checked plans, drawings and quantities and ensured that all materials used and work performed and overseeing the selection and requisition of materials.
• Managed, monitored and interpreted the contract design documents, liaised with consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, and the general workforce involved in the project.