Engineering Manager, Project Manager, CEng, Fellow IET
Last Updated: 25th March 2018 (over 4 years ago)
Certified Functional Safety Expert (CFSE) from Exida, Canada.
Has 40 years of experience in engineering and projects in oil & gas, power and desalination, water and wastewater, renewable energy and chemical industries.
Experience includes all phases of engineering including conceptual design, FEED, detailed design, construction supervision, commissioning, project management, technical and economic studies and tendering and tender evaluation.
Experience also includes implementation of smart oil and gas fields, engineering design reviews, HAZOP, functional safety assessment, SIL determination and SIL Verification.
Has authored and co-authored several papers that were presented at international conferences and/or published.
— Mar 2018
Chartered Engineer (CEng)
— Mar 2018
Certified Functional Safety Expert (CFSE)
— Mar 2018
Chemical Engineering Diploma
— Nov 1980
— Jun 1979
— Jun 1977
— Apr 2017
Control Engineering Manager
— Jul 2016
From April 2011 until July 2016, held the position of ‘Control Engineering Manager’.
Led and managed team conducting in-house engineering activities for the following projects:
• FEED for Mender Field Development Phase I
• FEED for BUH Field Gas Lift Development Phase I
• FEED for Remote Monitoring and Control of Existing Wells in BUH Field
• FEED for ASAB Field Development Phase II
• FEED for BAB Field Integrated Facilities
• FEED for BAB Gas Compression Phase III
• FEED for BUH Gathering Facilities Over Pressure Protection
• Concept for BUH Field GAS Lift Development Phase II
• Concept for ASAB CO2 Pilot
• Detailed Engineering for the following Packages:
- Gas Lifted Oil Well
- ESP Oil Well
- Natural Flowing Oil Well
- Gas Injection Well
- Water Injection Cluster
Conducted many SIL assessment and SIL verification sessions for major projects.
Was also the project manager for the ‘Joint Development of New Multiphase Flowmeter for CO2 Injected Oil Reservoirs’ project.
— Mar 2011
From June 2007 till March 2011 held the position of projects manager. Was one of few staff responsible for the implementation of the first smart field in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
Worked with Petroleum Development and Engineering to introduce Smart Field concept to all assets operating fields through initiating and implementing projects to install Smart Field infrastructure including:
• Subsurface gauges and wellhead instruments
• Well and rig site connectivity
• Field-wide optical communication transport network
• Integrated control system
• Fields to HQ connectivity
• Asset collaborative work environment (CWE)
• Corporate production and drilling real time operation centers (RTOC)
Worked also as project manager for the ‘Installation of Solar Power for Production and Injection Wells’
Senior Control Engineer
— May 2007
From April 1997 till May 2007 was involved as senior control engineer in several fields’ development projects including:
• FEED, detailed engineering, construction supervision and commissioning for North East Bab Field Development Phase I
• FEED for Bab Gas Compression Phase I
• FEED, detailed engineering and commissioning for Upgrade of Wellhead Control and Safety System for Thamama C Gas Producers at BAB
• Construction supervision and commissioning Onshore Gas Development Project Phase II
• Construction supervision and commissioning for 132 KV Substations
• FEED for Emergency Isolation of Trunk lines at Bab Gas Receiving Stations
• Construction supervision and commissioning for Load Dispatch Center at Bab
• FEED, detailed engineering and construction supervision for SCADA System for Thamama B Gas Injection Wells at Bab
• Construction supervision and commissioning for Two Frame 6 Gas Turbines for Asab Field
• FEED and detailed engineering for Revamping of Jebel Dhanna Tank Farm Control System
• FEED and detailed engineering Additional Gas Injectors at Bab field
• FEED, construction supervision and commissioning for Fire Alarm and Control Network at Jebel Dhanna Terminal
Worked also as project manager for the ‘Retrofit of Control System for Six Gas Turbines at Bu Hasa and Asab fields’.
Introduced the concept of integrating SCADA functions for oil & gas fields into one control and safety system extended over field-wide transport network eliminating disparate SCADA systems. The concept is applied the concept in several oil & gas fields’ development projects (2002-2015).
Senior Control Engineer
— Mar 1997
• FEED and detailed engineering for Total Abu Al Bukhoush platforms Control System Revamping
• FEED for ZADCO platforms SCADA and Control System Revamping
Senior Support Engineer (E&I)
— Feb 1995
• Commissioning for Upgrade of ESD and F&G Systems at Zeit Bay Production Facility
• Commissioning for F&G System at Ras Fanar Platform
• Establish maintenance objectives and guidelines and develop procedures and measures for safe operation
• Define specifications and statement of work for new equipment service contracts.
— Nov 1991
• Detailed engineering, construction Supervision and commissioning for Shuaiba Cooling Water Pumping Station
• Detailed engineering and construction supervision for Mirfa Combined Cycle Power and Desalination Plant Phase I
• Construction supervision and commissioning for Ghubrah Combined Cycle Power and Desalination Plant Extension Phase II
• Detailed engineering for Taweelah-A Combined Cycle Power and Desalination Plant Phase I
• Detailed engineering for Assiut Thermal Power Plant Phase I
• Detailed engineering and commission of Tanta Water Treatment Plant
— Sep 1979
I&C Maintenance Engineer