Unit EHS Manager
Last Updated: 7th June 2017 (over 5 years ago)
I am a confident Health & Safety professional who has always been regarded as a proactive, adaptable, direct and conscientious professional with a “can do” attitude and willingness to work and “lead by example”. I believe that it is essential to gain trust and respect from colleagues to create a positive safety culture which will enhance and improve the business and its environment. Throughout my career I have worked in many disciplined environments in various organizations both large and small. My experience is gained both through the “hands on” project EHS delivery,
and from a corporate strategic level. I have knowledge of working in various industries and environments such as, utilities, construction, gas, water, pipelines and manufacturing. I overcome challenges through a systematic, analytical and diligent approach - drawing on knowledge gained through experience and education. I am an articulate and diplomatic communicator with excellent planning skills. I consistently work to the highest professional standards and thrive when working as part of a cohesive team or as an individual, to ensure the application of EHS legislation and standards. Able to use own initiative and work as part of a team. Proven skills, including managing and motivating other staff to Achieve Company Objective, Effective communicator at all levels within an organization. Considered to be a friendly, honest, trustworthy and hardworking individual with a common sense approach to work. I manage to cope well under pressure, whilst still maintaining a good sense of humor and focus on the task requirements. I am an ambitious and enthusiastic learner with a commitment to personal development. Specialties: CDM - Systems - Behaviour - Process - Networking - Incident investigation, Contractor appraisal + benchmarking, EHS application in the following fields:- Construction, Utilities, Civils, Shopfitting & Manufacturing.
I am a safety professional work with 20 years experiences certified from a NEBOSH, IOSH, OSHA, OHSAS ......ETC as well as I achieved all of my project with Zero LTI also almost of project that I joined is one from the most huge projects.
Purpose of the Job/Job Mission:
Leadership and accountability for the development, implementation of the Power Business
strategy relating to Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) in line with the Sector approach. Ensuring continuous development of the culture and performance in terms of accident and ill health prevention and environmental protection.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Define the Business’ EHS Policy in line with Sector approaches and Business needs.
- Implementation of EHS Governance processes in line with Sector approach.
- Engagement at all levels to effectively deploy the EHS strategy.
- Deploy and act upon effective EHS performance KPI’s.
- Deploy programs to audit and assess and improve EHS performance.
- Deploy processes to ensure identification of and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Deploy programs to assess and develop the organizations competencies in EHS.
- Lead and develop the EHS community fostering a collaborative approach.
- Develop and continuously improve the business EHS management system in line with the Sector
- Liaise with key customers and other stakeholders regarding the EHS policy.
- Integrate benchmark and state of the art practices for developing EHS performance and culture.
- Integrate CSR policies relating to products.
- Partner with HR in relation to the Business / Sector health and well-being approaches.
- Represent the Business in the Sector EHS Leadership Team.
- Establish industry world class standards through liaison with external international bodies.
2. Managerial (Budget / Administration / People)
- Ensure effective deployment of the annual People Review exercise (part of the People Management Cycle).
3. Specific Functional/Technical authority (besides DoA):
- Conduct EHS inspections and audits and stop processes or activities were there is an imminent risk of serious personal injury or serious risk of environmental impact.
Measurement / Key Performance Indicators
Evidence of good performance related to key tasks and responsibility mentioned above, use to measure success in the role.
- Measurement through setting personal objectives and twice a year performance appraisal.
- Performance will be measured through improvement against business objectives, plans and targets.
— May 2010
— Dec 1998