Cost Control Manager
Last Updated: 28th August 2019 (over 3 years ago)
• A strategic leader, having ability to work effectively in demanding work environments, across a wide range of cultural backgrounds in international environment and meet deadlines.
• Hands on experience in Corporate/Program Cost Controls functions management including the development, modification, maintenance of program information structures, policies, and procedures while optimizing in adherence to industry best practices
• Proven capability of working on cost control functions under the integrated ERP system as well as participating in Oracle suite ERP implementation process and its underlying data migration phase.
• Proven capability to ensure Cost Controls functions are streamlined throughout various organizational layers.
• Demonstrated skills in managing functional processes to maintain, analyze, recommend and report on Commitments, Accruals, Cost Capitalization, Forecasts, Variances and associated Budget adjustment mechanisms.
• liaise with Finance Department and reconciles information on monthly basis
• Skilled in developing and implementing schedule control systems, techniques and procedures
• Direct the project schedule, manpower and quantity reporting
• Demonstrated domain expertise in project planning & scheduling and integrating data between schedule and cost control information system as well as skills in problem solving & systems analysis
• Proven capability in organizing resources & establishing quality controlling & quality assurance norms
• Ensuring the Project controls team produce weekly / monthly reports in line with the Client guidelines/company reporting System
Post Graduate Diploma
— May 2001
Bachelors of Science
— May 1996
Project Control Manager
• Monitor and analyze progress, cost and risks, identify trends and recommend corrective actions
• Developing project controls standards, policies and procedures and change management programs
• Interfaces with clients, attends regular meetings, and provides statistical reports.
• Creates statistical reports for management on a recurring or one of a kind basis.
• Assesses the impact(s) of design/construction changes and schedule slippages.
• Manages a team of Project Control Engineers/QS’s who are qualified to analyze, evaluate, and forecast project costs, as well as performance against an established schedule with critical milestones.
• Supervise and direct the obtaining of required cost information for all cost analysis and reporting functions from various sources, both on and off project.
• Preparing cost estimates for contract variations including the review and evaluation of Subcontractor submitted variations
• Leading the review and assessment of variations with Client through to agreement and conclusion of the related variation order
• Working with Quantity Surveyor and Discipline engineers to validate the scope of work, BOQs for all variations and additional scope items from the relevant supporting project drawings
• Establishing and implementing Project cost estimating database for benchmarking and reference
Cost Control Manager
— Oct 2015
• Participate in Multi-disciplined studies during the early estimation phase to establish Project Control Structure
• Integrate project budget and schedules to support EVM (Earn Value Management) and reporting
• Establish/improve cost control system and leading ERP implementation and customizations including system analysis & design
• Establishing and implementing all cost control procedures required on projects and prepare a Budgeting and Cost Management Plan
• Oversee preparation of Project Forecast Repot
• Develop policies and procedures to improve the adequacy and efficiency of the planning and scheduling activities
• develop the basic overall construction schedule into a fully detailed one, and prepare amendments and alternatives to it during the course of construction, to meet or improve on project target
• Prepare and analyze the time and cost of extension (EOT).
• Identify and analyze variations between planned and actual progress, and advice on initiating remedial action at the earliest opportunity.
• Claim Analysis and Contractual Substantiation by using appropriate delay analysis
• Attend meetings with clients as necessary
Project Controls Manager
— Jul 2013
• Supported implementation of project control systems and standards that comply with company and clients requirements and recommending enhancements as appropriate
• Established and implemented all cost administration processes required on projects to ensure financial performance for allocated projects
• Supervised preparation of financial plan on projects level as well as business line level
• Collated cost related data with assigned Operation management for reporting on corporate level and area level performance (cash flow, forecasts, & backlogs)
• Coordinated ERP implementation and customizations including system analysis & design to improve/establish cost control functionalities.
• Supervised preparation of project work breakdown structure & project cost coding structures for control & integrity of work performance as defined by the contract
• Ensured execution plan and procedures are fully developed and published.
• Provided leadership and guidance to the project planning team to develop, implement & maintain the project controls procedure, project schedules, and reporting systems specific to project
• Provided technical guidance, training, & staffing support in cost control & planning/ scheduling functions in all projects within the business line.
• Overseen preparation of Project Forecast Report PFR.
• Analyzed monthly cost status reports for the unit; ensure commitments, actual costs, and forecast are accurate and reflect current projects status and to make sure that trends are consistent with PFR results.
• Analyzed & recommended on overall project cost performance & trends, ensured early identification of adverse project trends, and proposed appropriate actions.
• Developed & maintained cost control procedures consistent with In-house requirements and deliverables
• Managed cost control activities with the subcontract administration team.
Snr. Planning and Cost Engineer
— Mar 2009
• Developed & executed project plan & prepared project closeout report
• Prepared resource loaded project schedule
• Established Quantity Management System & periodically reviewed report on actual vs. budgeted manpower & quantities
• Issued productivity reports as well as prepared & monitored weekly and monthly progress reports
• Highlighted cost over runs and recommended corrective measures.
• Issued revised budget and/ or budget adjustments as a response to client VO’s or subject to internal change of the
• Planned, organized, & supervised data collection & issued Project Cost Forecast Report (PFR).
• Interfaced with project site management & client counterparts for specific costing & scheduling tasks.
• Tracked the current level of commitments, actuals, and value of work done
— Jun 2002
• Monitored progress of the work for timely execution of the project through weekly/monthly reports with respect to review of the overall project Reviewed contractual obligations, monitor contract variations and analyze claims
• Coordinated resource leveling throughout the whole project group under limited resource constraints (man-hours, equipments) and pre-determined due dates
• Managed sub-contractors progress, resource allocation and payment recommendations
• Estimated cash flows, controlled deficits verses surplus, tracked and updated invoices submittals and receivables