Sales & Marketing Strategy | Advertising & Branding Strategy | Digital & Mobile Strategy
Last Updated: 30th September 2020 (over 2 years ago)
I'm an early adopter breaking new ground with technology in my personal and professional life. I've been intimately involved in launching new products ranging from Video On Demand, DVR's and streaming music platforms, to mobile & social media apps.
I have produced breakthrough consumer advertising and marketing campaigns for television, web, mobile and social media and am proud of my ability to create strategic marketing partnerships that exceed expectations for all partners involved.
I enjoy building and motivating top-performing marketing teams and enjoy seeing the incredible success that many of my former team members continue to achieve. I am passionate about marketing, video, music and new technologies and have significant strategic and creative expertise in the television, telecommunications, music/arts & entertainment industries.
— Sep 1981
Vice President Of Marketing
Senior Vice President Partnership Development
— Jan 2020
reCommerce is a top 10 Amazon seller representing some of the largest companies in the health supplements and beauty industries and is now expanding to additional retail categories. Our team includes, on staff attorneys and investigators to help control unauthorized sales; creative and copywriting departments to optimize our partner's listings; sponsored ads personnel and seasoned e-commerce marketers to design advertising campaigns that grow brands; and developers to provide detailed back end reporting through our custom partner portal.
Chief Strategy Officer/EVP Account Services
— Mar 2019
D4 is one of Philadelphia's leading advertising firms. What are we best at doing? The first five seconds that leads to the next thirty seconds that leads to a customer for life. What makes us different? Everything in-house: branding, video production, HD editing suites, post production suites, audio suites, national-class composers, social media, graphic designers, logo designers, web development, collateral, web video, and yes, so much more.
Chief Marketing Officer
— Jul 2013
As CMO, I developed integrated marketing strategies for broadcast and cable TV, digital / online, mobile and social media. I headed up the development and execution of multiple campaigns targeting consumers, existing and potential distributors, advertisers / agencies and leading influencers in the wellness space. I managed an annual operating budget of $11 Million and led a cross-functional marketing team that supported multiple departments including; distribution/affiliate sales, digital/web, ad sales, and product development. I also directed all corporate communications and consumer / trade PR. Some of the accomplishments I'm most proud of include;
• Developed the brand's first consumer launch campaign (Random Acts of Wellness) capturing almost half a million dollars in free media coverage and significantly increasing viewership for the network with our largest cable affiliate
• Crafted multiple marketing campaigns that drove monthly unique visitors to the website from under 250k to over 3 million. These campaigns also drove video views from under 100,000/month to over 1 million/month
• Built alliances with dozens of top wellness bloggers and digerati who then delivered their online followers to Veria Living. This program also created new content for the network and website and grew advertising revenue significantly
• Delivered explosive growth with the launch of a revenue-generating mobile app (the company’s 1st: Veria Living Go) and built affiliate programs that delivered additional revenue through the app
— Sep 2014
Whether a Fortune 500 media giant or a small technology start up, Perfect Pitch helps clients connect with consumers and business leaders to drive brand awareness, affinity and revenue. We create integrated marketing campaigns that engage consumers emotionally and rationally to accelerate purchase decisions. Specialties include new product launches, strategic partnerships, development of branded content, social media and viral/event marketing, brand centric acquisition and retention marketing programs and creating truly unique brand experiences.
Senior Vice President Affiliate marketing
— Jan 2008
Recruited to lead all US marketing programs targeting Cable, Satellite, Telecommunications, and New Media affiliates. Directed a team of 10 handling B2B sales, advertising sales support, and PR for Discovery’s 18 domestic networks, Discovery Video on Demand and Discovery Education. Provided direction to network GMs and affiliate marketing teams including integrated marketing, government affairs, new media promotions, event and trade show marketing, affiliate ad sales, field marketing and sales strategy.
• Developed marketing strategies that led to the successful renewal of affiliations with multiple (top 5) distributors
• Credited with making Discovery's HD simulcasts among most widely launched channels of the year
• Increased Discovery On Demand usage 50% at company’s largest distributor by revamping content strategy
• Improved Discovery Education’s marketing and sales collateral, delivering significant increases in nationwide school district penetration
Senior Vice President Marketing
— Dec 2006
Senior Vice President (SVP) – Marketing Communications, 2006
Managed all corporate advertising including broadcast (television / radio), out of home, print, web, viral and direct marketing. Developed strategies for brand, product, acquisition and retention marketing campaigns including new product launches, brand extensions and competitive advertising. Introduced brand standards and guidelines for use within organization and by vendors and retail affiliates.
• Launched 1st successful corporate bundling (Triple Play) advertising campaign
• Introduced brand identity system integrating “Comcastic” personality into all communications
• Developed extensive library of acquisition and retention creative delivering record customer growth
Senior Vice President (SVP) of Marketing & Sales – Comcast East, 2004-2006
Vice President (VP) of Marketing & Sales – Comcast East, 1997-2004
Oversaw all marketing, sales and programming negotiations for 5.2 million customers throughout US Eastern Region. Managed $150 Million sales / marketing budget, six direct reports and total sales / marketing staff of 150+. Developed integrated customer acquisition, upgrade and retention marketing campaigns. Headed new product launches (high-speed internet, VOD, HDTV, DVR, digital voice). Worked closely with corporate and agencies to develop national brand and image advertising.
• Exceeded 100% of aggressive sales and marketing goals
• Developed high-yield regional marketing campaigns later rolled out across entire company
• Led company in key metrics:
• Highest penetration, highest average revenue per subscriber, highest online penetration, lowest online churn and highest OCF per subscriber