Last Updated: 24th September 2018 (over 4 years ago)
Positions I have held include:
Shift Supervisor Copper Refining
Shift Supervisor Alumina Refining
Shift team Leader for Sodium Cyanide production
Process Coordinator for Ethylene Oxide production
Operations Team Manager Ammonium Nitrate production
Refinery Shift Controller - Shell Oil Refinery
Refinery Supervisor – Transpacific Refiners
Operations Support Coordinator – Darwin LNG;
Production Superintendent – QCLNG;
Operations Support Superintendent – GLNG;
Specialist Permit Control Officer – Chevron, Gorgon LNG;
SIMOPS Coordinator – Chevron Wheatstone LNG (current).
I have demonstrated Technical Competency in complex refinery operations, Hydrocarbon, Chemical and Gas plants. My Leadership Skills enable me to develop cross functional teams working on complex problems. I have strong communication skills, including oral, and written. I am able to train and mentor work staff and bring in new and innovative ideas. Strong focus on executing schedule requirements, maintaining compliance with Health, Safety & Environmental standards and solving problems pro-actively.
Bachelor of Business Degree
— Oct 1997
• Attain Level 2 Operations qualification in ConocoPhillips Optimised Cascade (COP) LNG process.
• Audit compliance to Permit to Work procedures, advise on opportunities for improvement.
• Support plant turnaround events to coach and audit quality of shutdown, clean- up and prepare equipment procedures.
• Provide support, coaching and guidance for new Permit Control Officers and PTW plant technicians to develop their confidence with PTW procedures.
• As a part of the Turnaround team I supported the planning and execution of the LNG Train1 and Train 2 shutdowns preparation of permits and isolation plans. Shutdown objectives were delivered in full, on time and without incident.
• Development of the Sanction to Test (STT) procedure and methodology.
• Review of Confined Space Entry procedure and development of Gas Test plan and CS Risk assessment guidelines.
• Completed isolation of hazardous energy training package.
• I was awarded a Chevron Human Energy award for development of the ‘Registered routine permit’ control system.
Specialist Permit Control Officer
— Jun 2016
• Attain Level 2 Operations qualification in Air Products and Chemicals Inc. (APCI) LNG process.
• Determining the requirements for Job Scopes to ensure correct Hotwork, Confined space, isolation of energy and other high-risk activities were planned and managed safely.
• Advising on Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) assessments.
• Assessing SIMOPS conflicts and managing associated risks between construction / commissioning / operations activities.
• I developed several video tutorials to demonstrate correct use of daily planning and use of the PTW database.
• Developed process improvements for the PTW database program to enable better daily reports and eliminate double data entry.
• Provided Operations support, coaching and guidance for new PTW plant technicians to develop their confidence with PTW procedures.
Operations Support Superintendent
— May 2015
• Attain Expert Operations qualification in ConocoPhillips Optimised Cascade LNG process.
• Designing and developing LNG Operator training courses, presentation materials and assessment tools for new operators.
• Design, Develop and Deliver a new ‘fit for purpose’ Permit to Work System for the LNG facility.
• Coach and mentor of Senior Operators to develop their leadership skills.
• Supervise Shift team and dayshift support team of 12 persons.
• Review and develop commissioning procedures.
• Direct team to assist with commissioning activities and plant start-up.
• Ensure compliance with Permit to Work procedure and execution.
— May 2013
• Develop commissioning plans and procedures
• Developed LNG Operator onboarding program to identify induction training and competency development plan.
• Modified recruitment strategy and interview process to achieve successful outcomes.
• Production representative for screening operator resumes, conducting operator interviews, recommending candidates for employment.
Operations Support Coordinator
— Apr 2011
Focal point for projects and major maintenance activities.
• Champion of the Permit to Work Improvement project
• Focal point for re-writing the Operating Procedures to include changes and improvements.
• Re-structured the daily permit to work meeting procedure.
• Established a permit to work review group aimed at eliminating inconsistencies and improving standards of permit compliance.
• Re-wrote the PTW procedure with clarity and improved process flow.
• Selected to represent the Company in developing a national unit of competency for 'Isolation Fundamentals' in line with PMA08.
— Jan 2010
• Hazopped and assisted with Plant Design of Australia’s first Recycled Lube Oil hydrogenation plant, in conjunction with joint venture partners.
• Supervised construction & pre-commissioning of new plant.
• Developed the Operating and Commissioning Procedures for Refinery start-up.
• Designed and delivered competency-based training modules to Refinery Operators.
• Recruited and trained the Refinery Operators.
• Successfully commissioned the new plant.
• Developed & implemented site Emergency response and Permit to work (lock-out) procedure.
• Achieved construction & startup Safety Milestones with no reportable injuries or incidents.
Refinery Shift Controller
— May 2006
• After hours Manager of Refinery Operations
• First "outsider" recruited to this position in the history of the Refinery.
• Influenced senior management to improve Safety by adopting a new standard practice of 'continuous' gas monitoring on all aggressive Hotwork within the Refinery.
• Managed a Major Fire as Incident Commander and received letter of recognition from Refinery Manager