PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER MANAGER
Last Updated: 2nd May 2018 (over 4 years ago)
BACHELOR OF ENGINEERING ELECTRICAL AND COMPUTING
— Oct 1990
Head (Operation and Maintenance)
- Construction, Testing and Commissioning the 1726MW Siemens SGT5-8000H Cogeneration Plant.
- Set up the O&M team and taking the over the Power Plant once achieved the COD.
- Open Cycle COD was achieved on 21st October 2017.
- Combined Cycle COD1 was achieved 15th January 2017.
- Operation and Maintenance setting up.
- Taking over the O&M of the 1729MW Cogeneration Plant.
— Aug 2016
• Electrical & Instrumentation Operation & Maintenance Activities, Construction Activities, Hook-up and Commissioning activities, Turn-around Maintenance Activities, and Engineering Project Activities in Onshore & Offshore Sarawak Malaysia.
• Involved in Electrical Facilities (up to 275kV Facilities), Rotating Equipment & Turbomachineries, Power Generation Facilities, PMCS/DCS Systems, ESD Systems, Fire and Gas Systems, General Electrical and Instrumentation Systems, Gas Turbine and Machineries Control, Metering Systems and etc.
• Consulting work in the field of Electrical Engineering, Instrument Engineering, Technical Integrity and Process Safety (TIPS), SIL Studies, HAZOP/HAZID Studies and etc.
• Conducting Specialist Training in the field of Gas Turbines, Electrical Safety, and in Process Control and Instrumentation.
• Support Sarawak Operations in planning, managing and coordinating maintenance and shutdown activities to ensure that production and uptime targets are effectively met and that the facility is operated and maintained safely and efficiently in accordance with Company policies, objectives and quality standards.
• Technical supports in the preparation and implementation of maintenance strategies, budgets, policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Provides support in developing and focusing strategic direction, planning, co-ordination, guidance, reviewing and close follow-up of key issues, to contribute towards achieving HSE, Maintenance, Production of Oil & Gas and Water Injection, Gas Injection in line with Asset’s KPI’s targets.
• Undertakes duties closely related to planning/scheduling of short, medium and long-term activities.
• Participates in the planning, coordination and recommendation of long and short term production and maintenance programs.
POWER PLANT MANAGER
— Aug 2014
• Managing the Construction of 2x60MW CFB Coal Fired Power Plant.
• Setting up the Power Plant Operation & Maintenance Systems and Procedures.
• Managing the Fuel and Spare Parts Procurements.
• Managing the finance and profit & loss statements of the CEL Power Plant.
• Achieved target of Gross Income of 30 million USD in 2013/2014 Fiscal Year.
MANAGER ENGINEERING AND MAINTENANCE
— Oct 2012
• Testing and Commissioning the 3x 19MW RB211 Gas Turbine Generators and the Power Distribution Systems for the Onshore Gas Terminal.
• Testing and Commissioning the 2 x 300 MMSCFD Onshore Gas Terminal and its pipe connection to CCC3.
• Successfully set-up and implemented the CBM Systems in the Company.
• Budgeting for the Plant Engineering and Maintenance.
• Turnaround management of the Facilities.
• Managed the Operation and Maintenance team which consists of Operation Engineers and Operation Technicians, the Maintenance team which consists of the Mechanical Engineers and Technicians, Electrical Engineers and Technicians, C&I Engineers and Technicians, the Planning Team and the CBM Team.
— Dec 2010
• Construction of the 900MW EPP2008 Power Plant.
• Start-up and Commissioning the Power Plant.
• The power plant COD was achieved at a record time for in August 2008.
• Setting up the Engineering and Maintenance of the Power Plant.
• Budgeting for the Power Plant maintenance.
• Successfully managed the Multi-cultural & Multi Ethnic Maintenance team in Kuwait.
• Successfully implement the MAXIMO CMMS Systems in Kuwait.
• Successfully implement the CBM Systems in Kuwait.
• Successfully implement the On-The-Job Training Scheme in Kuwait.