Last Updated: 8th January 2020 (over 3 years ago)
Able to provide strong leadership, mentoring teams of SHE Managers working together on site, setting out H&S policies and procedures to ensure compliance to stringent H&S regulations, delivering projects with no lost time injuries in highly hazardous environments over 20 years.
Experienced in all aspects of HSE management; including, sustainability initiatives, audit management to ISO 14001, 9000-2000 and OSAS 18001, risk assessments, incident investigations, creating H&S policies, site instructions and procedures, local and international regulatory and legislative compliance, H&S and quality management systems, budget management & training management to recognised international standards.
Level 6 Diploma in Applied Health & Safety
— Oct 2020
Have the skills to advise an employer as a competent person or register as a health and safety consultant. Be able to undertake a safety management role in an organisation dealing with complex or higher risk activities. Have a comprehensive understanding of a wide range of risks to safety and occupational health in the workplace, be able to develop and implement strategies to reduce the costs and consequences of personal injury claims to an employer.
With additional focus on the softer skills, such as being able to justify your decisions to senior management, deal with conflict, and practical advice on how to implement change management and improve attitudes to health and safety.
And to fully comprehend the laws around HSE, standards, and regulatory arrangements of the UK, that can be applied to an inernational setting.
• Directing and Supervision of Engineers and Inspectors for the supervision of the construction of the works.
• Developing and delivering Behavioural Based Safety training and programs
• Building trusted relationships with the Project Management, Resident Engineers, and Supervision Team members and with the contractor’s counterpart staff.
• Working collaboratively with the Construction Contractors to ensure that they plan and deliver their work in line with the Client requirements.
• Coordinating HSE matters related to ensuring contractor operations and associated HSE deliverable s and requirements are delivered to the required standard and in a timely manner during the execution of the work.
• Facilitating HSE programmes to support development of world class culture and project HSE performance.
• Monitoring contractor activities to ensure work is conducted in accordance with Client / Contract requirements.
• Reviewing all contractor key HSE documentation, including HSE plan, Emergency Response Plan and RAMS to ensure alignment with client expectations.
• Assuring that the construction works are carried out in accordance with contract HSE specifications and procedures.
• Assuring the safety and welfare for all project personnel.
• Monitoring the implementation of HSE plans by regular surveillance, scheduled audits and where necessary suggest corrective action.
• Assuring that all working on the project comply with client Golden/ Life Saving Rules.
• Ensuring that training is carried out in accordance with contractors training plans and client