Last Updated: 31st August 2019 (over 3 years ago)
My 28 years of construction experience, skills and energy would be an asset to a company. The enclosed resume is a brief summary of my qualifications, background and general experience. A stable and proven track record of completing difficult projects on schedule and in budget, in harsh environment from desert to the warzone to the cities. The ability to work in upstream locations with limited communication and little logistical support, with a minimum of supervision where independence and lateral thinking required. I have worked abroad on several occasions in Africa, Asia and UK. Trough Coordinating trades. I have experience within the, Commercial, Industrial and Residential building. USA Military, FBI and Interpol Clearance.
— May 1999
Project Monitoring and Control
Construction Technology - Plumbing
— Jul 1994
— May 2019
• Maintain industry competitiveness by defining technical project plans and roadmaps to achieving project goals through accurate estimations, proposals, blueprints, and specifications.
• Deliver on time and within budget by managing the process, selecting competitive vendors, scheduling logistics, and assessing quality of materials and completed work.
• Minimize costs through quantity tracking and cost report analyses to monitor deviations from targets in job cost forecasting and productivity.
• Advance quality assurance in projects by acting as a liaison between construction managers and superintendents, creating work plans to ensure conformance with contract requirements and technical specifications.
• Improve results by meeting regularly with the clients, engineers, consultants, and construction crews to meet project requirements, assess construction methods, coordinate subcontractors, and resolve conflicts.
• Served as a technical “go to,” reading construction drawings, making corrections as needed, and preparing schedule expectations to ensure clear delivery.
— Jun 2016
• Delivered within timelines by navigating the bidding process, monitoring underperforming workers, and resolving delays to prevent loss to cost and schedule, safety, quality, and environment.
• Identified project issues/risks and worked with company staff to resolve before delays or additional costs surfaced.
Construction Design Engineer
— Dec 2014
• Saved approximately $12M and completed project for customer by governing design and construction of Data Centre Tier 4.
• Reviewed and increased resources capability and technical strengths of construction personal, vendors, sub-contractor, and construction contractors as delegation of authority assignments.
• Contributed in development and management of Scope of Work (SOW) and specifications/design criteria for facilities and infrastructure projects and consultancy, construction, and procurement contracts.
— Feb 2013
• Completed all projects within stringent deadlines and budgets ranging from -$3million to -$15million.
• Direct and Managed a Military Camp, a construction projects of -$3,5 million including,150 Living Quarters (Barracks), 2 Dining Facilities, 2 Storerooms, Hospital, 8 Ablution Blocks, 2 Kitchen’s
• Manufacturing and Erection of Modular Buildings. LSF Structure valued in excess of -$5 million.
— Jul 2011
• FRAMECAD. Manufacturing and Erection of Modular Buildings. LSF Structure (Office, Residential and Hospital buildings)
• Construction of Airport Hangars, Runways and Airport upgrades.
• Reading, understanding and altering site drawings to meet client or Health and Safety requirements.
— May 2010
• Manage Commercial Retail Mall (Thabazimbi Mall) Brought project in on time and within budget.
• Start and Hand over a Structural Steel Warehouse erection 80M X 40M
• S.A.R.S Building Conference Hall and Auditorium -3.5 Million
• Managed teams on installation of Modular School Buildings. LSF Structure -5.75 Million
— Dec 2008
• Complete and hand-over of Sable Square Retail Mall. Brought project in on time and within budget- 45 Million
• Complete and hand-over of Inthaba Residential Luxury units with, 4 penthouses on top a 24-storey building.
• Complete and hand-over of a Primary School Project, 35 classrooms, Offices, School hall, landscaping and sport grounds. Project completed one week early and in budget.
• Structural Steel erection of 70mx20m (School Hall) -1.97 Million