Area Construction Manager/Project Engineer
Last Updated: 17th September 2019 (over 3 years ago)
Master’s in Business Administration
— May 2018
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
— May 2013
Area Construction Manager
— Jul 2019
• Strategic Development: Produced, issued, and evaluated scope of work details and contractor proposals, contributing to site strategic planning and budgeting efforts for designated engineering and expansion areas. Developed and evaluated AFE’s for capital funding requests.
• Project Management: Held bottom line accountability and directed operations for site construction, expansion, or modification projects tied to mining, process plant, quarry, and crushing activities. Delivered guidance to site management team on applicable processes, practices, and existing /proposed local, state, and federal regulations.
• Leadership Development: Guided a talented team of engineers and project coordinators through the design, engineering, and construction phases of projects throughout the site, using sound mentor-ship strategies that foster leadership and accountability within all levels of the organization.
Project Engineer II
— Jun 2018
• Quality Control: Generated daily, weekly, and monthly reports to detail project cost, construction, and safety activities pertaining to earthwork, concrete, piping, and water system operations throughout various sites and departments in the Freeport portfolio.
• Design and Project Analysis: Modeled watershed, culvert and piping, and surface water designs and analyses to support current and future reclamation project designs along with renovating current facilities to meet new demands.
• Third Party Vendor Management: Held bottom line accountability for current and future reclamation projects outsourced to 3rd party engineering firms, providing oversight to ensure scope fulfillment, budgetary compliance, and timeline adherence, as well as forecasting (monthly, annual, and five-year) for all reclamation, care, and maintenance activities.
• Project Management: Oversaw all project development ensuring successful completion through a variety of initiatives and directives including management and support of company survey, forecasting, QA/QC, scheduling, RFIs, and design changes in daily/weekly activities across mine site. Procured construction materials for project needs. Designed scope of work documents to outline and detail construction projects to internal and external entities.
— Apr 2016
• Leadership Development: Directed contractors on a variety of projects, including drilling, blasting, rock quarry mining, mulch and seed operations, waterline installations, utility line install and relocation projects, power pole relocate and erect projects, and concrete and grout projects. Collaborated with Operating and Maintenance Departments to develop increased efficiencies, control costs, and protect the environment.
• Design Production: Designed and oversaw installation of potable waterline in accordance with Arizona Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ) and Engineering Bulletin No.10 Standards, completing installation in record time and under budget.
Field Engineer Intern
— Aug 2012