Contracts / Projects Engineer
Last Updated: 19th March 2018 (over 4 years ago)
Bachelor of Engineering
— Jun 1996
Projects and contracts Engineer
From 2011 till June 2015 with Oil Sector Services Company (subsidiary of Kuwait petroleum Corporation) Seconded to Kuwait Oil Company (KOC) and from 1st July till date with Kuwait Drilling, company (KDC) Seconded to Kuwait Oil Company (KOC) Kuwait as Engineer at Kuwait.
• Follow the stage gate process of KOC for the contracts to be awarded and Contract Management and post contract administration.
• Prepare documents Contract Requisition’s, RFP/RFQ, Contract Financial Approvals and other tender related documents for EPC projects, Manpower supply contracts ,Consultancy contracts , supply and service maintenance contracts. Coordinates with Contracts department of KOC till the contracts is awarded. Provide the confidential report during the contract period to higher management of KOC.
• Review proposal packages submitted by suppliers/Vendors/contractors.
• Participating in defining project scope of work, bill of qualities, cost estimates and complete techno commercial proposal including cost benefit analysis.
• Review requests for additional works to be executed by project contractors at site, prepares Scope of work and specifications for all variation orders
• Processing the contractor invoices and Coordinates with Accounts Payable team for payment of Invoices to contractor. Coordinates with legal, insurance teams regarding contractual issues. Ensure that the contracting process complies with KOC policies and procedures. The whole process is to be prepared on system through EBeams (Electronic Business Enterprise and Management system.) based on IBM Maximo 7.0
• Preparation of budget (OPEX and CAPEX), cost estimates, associated financial approvals. The whole process is to be completed on system through Oracle
• Supervises engineering projects to ensure its adherence to contract and Technical specifications and Standards of KOC as well international standards
• Attends pre-tender and pre-award meetings, provides technical support, answers queries and provide clarifications to bidders representatives and ensures that project proposals under review are in line with company’s requirements and procedures clarification’s to bidders.
• Providing advice during construction, Mechanical completion, testing & commissioning, Acceptance and final handover of projects.
• Attending weekly/Monthly meetings as a project team member.
as Sr. Engineer at Asab Gas Development
— Sep 2010
• Participate in the techno commercial evaluation of vendor bid offers. Direct and provide guidance in the Technical Bid Evaluations (TBE) to order placements, budget/schedule monitoring, vendor communication, vendor document reviews, and factory acceptance testing and product release.
• Responsible for maintaining the technical quality of the documents and ensure their delivery in a timely manner;
• Responsible for providing prime technical interface and interaction with Client for successful resolution of techno commercial issues related to contract specifications.
• Liaise with project management through Project Manager and inter discipline co-ordination.
• Responsible for Contract review, early identification of potential changes in Technical Documents.
• Responsible for detailed engineering activities, engineering deliverables, project reporting and design integrity checks/reviews to ensure that all key issues are identified and mitigated plus developed.
• Responsible and direct procurement activities starting from technical inquiry requests (Inquiry Requisitions) to vendors;
• Interface and regularly meet with client and vendor representatives, conduct internal staff progress meetings.Ensure total compliance with Company’s ISO Quality procedures
project Engineer /Project In charge for handover and commissioning
— Sep 2008
• To review Design and Engineering, specifications and data sheets.
• Selection of vendors with technical and commercial bid evaluations.
• Vendor’s drawings and documents review.
• Proposal preparation packages and sending to client for contract award.
• Procurement process and follow up for the long term and short term materials.
• To study the obligations of the project. Maintain coordination and harmony with all other departments including Planning, QA/QC and HSSE.
• Work within Hazardous identified zones for procurement and installation of equipment and systems. The work progress was strictly conducted with highest standard of safety procedures and policies. All equipment and systems to be supplied and installed were to be strictly as per safety terms of respective hazardous zones with client specifications and international standards.
• Study Drawings, scope of work, Specifications, Bill of Quantities and Material take off statements.
• Clarify any technical queries towards finalization of shop drawings and material list.
• Finalize vendor statements for supply of materials, systems and equipment after finalizing approvals from the client.
Project Engineer / Contract Engineer
— Sep 2005
Saudi Arabia – DAMMAM
Project Estimated Cost – 1.5 Billion S.R.
The project consists of 240,000 sq.mtr area with 640 Bedded Main Hospital, Rehabilitation & Radiotherapy Center, Screening Clinic, Underground shelter for 2100 % capacity, Staff housing of 897 Units which includes family housing, single male/female housing, villas, guard houses, mosque, soccer, tennis and basketball courts. Landscaping and parking areas.
Design , selection of vendors, procurement process , supervision during installation, technical support during testing and commissioning
Checking of contract documents plans and specifications related to submittal shop drawings.
Co-ordination and monitor detail work progress schedules in complain with the construction schedules.
Planning the new installation and distribution of jobs to relevant engineers, foremen and technician.
Testing and commissioning of all systems and handing over to the client.
Attending the weekly/monthly progress of work meetings with vendors and client.
— Jun 1999
JUNE 1997 TO JUNE 1999
Saudi Arabia - RIYADH
Supervision and control: - Preventive, Corrective maintenance of electrical and telecom /electronic systems and ensure operability in compliance to international standards. Repair maintenance of all systems.
Preventive maintenance scheduling.