Quality Manager, Welding Manager, Quality Control Engineer, Welding Engineer, Metallurgical Engineer
Last Updated: 12th July 2018 (over 4 years ago)
However, my education and qualification can be summarized as follows:
- PhD of Metallurgical Engineering, Cairo Univ.
- Master of Metallurgical Engineering, Cairo Univ.
- Post Graduate Diploma In Total Quality Management and Quality Management Systems (Six Sigma, ISO 9000, 14000 Implementation, and .. etc ) - TQM, American Univ., Cairo.
- CSWIP 3.1 (Certified Welding Inspector), TWI.
- EN 473 and ISO 9712 Level II in Nondestructive Testing Methods (UT, RT, PT and MT) for All Industrial Sectors.
- ASNT Level II in Nondestructive Testing Methods ( UT, RT, PT and MT ).
PhD in Metallurgical Engineering.
— Apr 2013
Awarded the Best PhD Over All Departments of Faculty of Engineering of Cairo University, for Year 2013.
Post Graduate Diploma In Total Quality Management and Quality Management Systems – TQM.
— Sep 2004
• Six Sigma Improvement.
• Statistical Quality Control.
• Managing the Quality Functions.
• Project Management.
• Planning for Top Quality.
• Quality System Standards (ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and The Baldrige Award Criteria).
TQM Implemented Projects:
• Six sigma improvement project to reduce the losses in welding process for Tersana Company.
• Preparation of NDT procedures according to ASME standard through project management concept.
• Planning for self-inspection system on piping production process for Tersana Company.
Master Degree in Metallurgical Engineering.
— May 2003
B. Sc. of Metallurgical Engineering.
— Jul 1999
Quality & Welding Manager
Oct., 2016 – Till Now QA/QC Manager of PSC Fabrication Shop and Sites:
Managing PSC "Quality & Welding" Programs and team to ensure compliance with project's contract, specification and project's special provisions, and applicable standard and codes (API, ASME, ASTM, AWS, EN, ISO,…etc.), with respect to the applicable ASME and ISO Management System.
— Feb 2010
• Lead and Participate in DSD internal Audits and Prequalification Audits related to Fabrication and Erection of Power Boilers Components, Pressure Vessels, Power and Process Piping, and Storage Tanks, Plate Work, and Steel Structure. For example, prequalification Audits conducted by ARAMCO, TECHNIP, ALSTOM, and ANSALDO, SLV, …etc.
Preparation of all required Quality Documents and Procedures with follow up till final approval by ASME Authorized Inspector and Client Rep., conducting all required audits with Client Rep, and coordination and preparation for smooth fabrication and Erection activities of:
o Fabrication and Erection of Steel structure and Pressure parts of Abu Qir Thermal Power Plants Project, Unit 6 &7; 2 X 650 MW GAS/OIL Fired Units.
Client: ANSALDO CALDAIE, SPA. S-ASME Stamp Project.
ASME Authorized Agency: Lloyd's Register (LR-insurance), Egypt.
o Fabrication of Pressure vessels for Ammonia Pressure Storage & Conditioning Tentative Plot Plant.
Client: Engineering Development Contracting Group. U-ASME Stamp Project.
ASME Authorized Agency: Lloyd's Register (LR-insurance) Egypt.
Senior QC Engineer and Deputy of SGS/DSD QC Manager in DSD Belbeis Work Shop.
— Feb 2009
Manager of Steel Fabrication, Re-manufacturing (Hard facing & special repairs) and Hard Chrome Plating Departments
— Feb 2007
Mar. 2006 - Feb. 2007 Assigned as the Manager of Steel Fabrication, Re-manufacturing (Hard facing & special repairs) and Hard Chrome Plating Departments; to facilitate and handle all fabrication, re-manufacturing and hard chroming requests issued by different departments within El-Maimani Group of factories (Red Bricks, Water, Rockwool, Polystyrene, and Dates Packing Factories).
Quality Control, NDT, Welding Engineer and Trainer
— Oct 2005
Act as Quality Control, NDT, Welding Engineer and Trainer for different clients projects Related to Fabrication and Erection of Power Boilers Components, Pressure Vessels, Power and Process Piping, and Storage Tanks, Plate Work, and Steel Structure.
Mechanical Testing Engineer and Lab Manager
— Oct 2001
1999 - 2001 Manager of the Lab Under the Supervision of Prof. Dr. Mohamed Rafaat El Koussy, Professor of Metallurgical Engineering, Cairo University, Faculty of Engineering, El Giza.
• Conducting and Witness of Mechanical Testing
• Deal with Customers and Their Supervisors.
• Lab Documentation.
• Conducting Macro and Microstructure Investigations.
• Conducting Failure Analysis Investigations
• Conducting welding procedure and welders qualifications
• Conducting NDT on incoming welded items and materials.
• Training for the New Technicians and Students of the Metallurgical Engineering Department on all of the above.
Work done for many companies like, Petrojet, Kahromica, PPC. Balaiem Petroleum Company. NSF, Enppi. Gasco, GAPCO and others using different Codes and Standards, for example, ASME, ASTM, EN, ISO, BS, API and JIS.