Lead Instrument and Control Engineer
Last Updated: 30th May 2017 (over 5 years ago)
I have worked with industries like Engg. consultants, upstream/downstream of Oil & Gas industries and had experience in engineering, erection , commissioning and maintenance activities etc.
• Perform E & I Design and Engineering for the projects assigned.
• Preparation of Instrument design deliverables, including studies and detail design deliverables.
• Preparation of field engineering deliverables and close out reports.
• Selection/ Engineering/ Design/Installation/testing (FAT, SAT), commissioning of PLC based control systems and field instrumentation.
• Preparation of technical and functional specifications , statement of requirements (SOR) for field instrument, instrumentation packages, control & safety systems and F&G system.
• Design, Engineering, Installation, testing (FAT, SAT) and commissioning of various DCS supplied by Honey Well-TDC-3000, C300 EPKS with FF system & SGS system Safety manager; Foxboro - Micro I/A series ,Yokogawa CS-3000 and ABB systems.
• Manage projects/ support services to world-wide clients at all locations.
• Co-ordination with multi-national teams and interactions with international clients and vendors.
• Co-ordinate works assigned between site team and project design team.
• Provide daily, weekly, monthly project reports to line manager and clients.
• SPOC (single point of contact) for Instrument control systems projects.
• Perform site survey and generate survey report for fixing equipment detail, cable routing ,cable lengths and identify survey requirements.
• As a PMC team member responsible for, to coordinate with multiple contractors to ensure design intent and schedule.
• Responsible for in-house designs including feasibility studies, conceptual studies, basic and detail designs on assigned projects.
• Managing team of Sr.Engineers, Engineers and designers assigned to the project.
• Ensures the technical quality and accuracy of all work performed by personnel under my supervision.
• Prepare and review of deliverables generated through Smart plant instrumentation/IN tools.
• Responsible for engineering integrity during project execution.
• Provide inputs to P&IDs, project risk studies as a functional team member.
• Assist to proposal team in the identification & preparation of work scope estimates and budgets as per PEP and PI.
• Preparing Instrument man-hour estimates, CTRs and input to project schedule, tracking instrument budget and schedules.
• Participate in project HAZOP,HAZID and SIL assessment review.
• Interface with third parties (vendors, inspection agencies) including local authorities on relevant discipline engineering matters to ensure designs are developed as ‘fit-for-purpose’
• Knowledge of International codes and Standards like API, ANSI, ISO, IEC, NEC etc.
• Worked with HUNTSMAN, SAUDI ARAMCO desktop standards, SHELL DEPs and BP Engineering practices.
• Involved in the E&I erection, testing & commissioning of major projects worth up to USD $1.5 billion.
• Lead the project activities by plan independently/drive the contractors in executing erection & commissioning activities.
• Instrument engineering support to both major and minor facilities upgrade projects.
• Project management, execution plan/ schedules, and manpower loading, liaising with offshore planning and construction dept.
• Prepare engineering work packs comprising details scope of work, implementation plans / procedures, drawings/ documents, operations & control procedure and hot cutover plans.
• Actively participate in project after action reviews/post audits.
• Capable of handling vendor documentation and consolidating the issues related to As-built documentation.
• Project close-out reports, As-Built documentation, Punch listing and clearance.
• Implementation of software, hardware modifications & changes in control systems to enhance the plant performance and to facilitate operation.
• Maintaining, updating control system (DCS, PLC) backup & documentation.
• Co-ordination with production, other departments for plant maintenance, instrumentation & control system maintenance.
• Planning and execution of preventive, breakdown and shutdown maintenance.
• Hands on experience in calibration, installation and commissioning of all type of Instruments.
• Co-ordinate with purchase & stores for spares procurement, inventory control and identification of critical spares for turnaround maintenance.
• Budget preparation for spares, repairs & maintenance and capital jobs.
• Qualitative inspection of spares, instruments & equipment’s newly procured.
• Preparation of the long term & short term Plan including renovation, Major work and Overhauls.
• Preparation & review of Instrumentation Data Sheets for all type of instruments.
• Maintenance of Fire Alarm system, bagging machines, Drumming stations and Vessel weighing systems.
• Prepare and update instrument master data and computerised maintenance history card.
• Knowledge on doing reliability, safety integrity level analysis.
• Participation &execution of annual turn around budget & capital jobs.
• Maintaining and renewal of the license for weigh bridge, weigh scales, walkie talkies and automation software’s like DCS and PLC.
• Preparing, executing maintenance contract agreements for instrumentation systems.
• Managing Instrumentation contractor, Technicians and Contract staff.