Mechanical Engineer / Rotating Equipment Specialist
Last Updated: 26th April 2018 (over 4 years ago)
Rotating Equipment Specialist
— Mar 2014
BsC. Mechanical engineer
— Dec 1999
— Mar 2017
• Accountable for monitoring and supervising contractor’s activities in a safe manner as well as lead preventives and correctives functions by developing routine maintenance plan on a weekly/ monthly basis.
• Direct all affairs and facilities of preventive and corrective maintenance to ensure that Urea, Ammonia and Fertilizer are produced from energy, air/ steam, and water treatment for the different installations.
Executed all accountabilities of 1200 TMD Fertilizer Plant Major Shutdown for the maintenance coordinator, as well as capable in pre-commissioning/ commissioning and comprehensive installation of Rotary Equipment.
• Synchronised with 11 specialists in numerous areas which included mechanical, electrician, instrumentation, welding, infrastructure, cranes and transportation, also worked as a Contract Inspector to lead maintenance contractor activities.
• Leader for several evaluations for improvement in equipment changes as pumps, process equipments, gear boxes and electrical motors.
Rotating Equipment Engineering Supervisor
— Dec 2012
• Conducted troubleshooting, failure analysis, resolution of chronic reliability issues & participated in Reliability Centered Maintenance studies and developed strategies for up gradation or replacement of obsolete equipment and systems.
• Assigned work to 4 Engineers/Designers and Field Supervisors within the area of responsibility and monitor work for completion within time, budget and as per quality standards.
• Participated in reviews of P&ID, Lay-out and Engineering Drawings and 3D Model Reviews
• Participated in FAT, SAT and commissioning of new plant and equipment
• Represented the department in Management of Change reviews associated with rotating equipment
• Leader for procurement process for long lead engineered replacement equipment in order to meet shutdown schedules
• Completed engineering services for investigations of problems, provides cost estimates to the operating departments for the implementation of solutions
• Provided approved engineering drawings to carry out essential repairs.
• Provided specifications to maintenance departments to purchase replacement equipment
• Assisted in several Major Shutdowns for diverse plants as engineering leader
• Developed and review technical reports including drawings, bill materials and analysis economical with inversion recovery for identified production lost or maintenance cost, also set up many engineering studies cases for equipments as pumps, process equipments, gear boxes and electrical motors.
• Delivered technical and administrative support to the rotary equipment engineering and management teams by making complex decisions related to operations and projects budget. Skilled in failure analysis process for several equipment such as centrifugal pumps and compressors, gear boxes, steam turbines and electrical motors for low and medium tension.
• Special support for Rotating Equipment Workshop in the Complex during main equipment maintenance, or Shutdown for Rotating Equipments as compressors, pumps, electrical motors or gear boxes, including parallel shaft, angle or open gears, from 30 Hp up to 1000 Hp, providing direct support to the rotating equipment maintenance crews in plant and in the workshop, including engineering developing for reverse engineering for shaft manufacture, shaft seal improvements, cooling/filters/lubrications systems, casing rebuilding, and many others improvements
Rotating Equipment Engineer
— Dec 2007
• Drawings developed for equipment parts or sections fabrication in workshop from reverse engineering.
• Handled multiple and providing engineering support for petrochemical complex operations
• Leader of EPC projects for diverse installations with new technology: Reclaiming and bagging systems for fertilizer, sulphuric acid truck dispatch, slurry dosing systems for fertilizer granulation, air-filter system for turbo-machinery generators, bucket elevator/fan/belt conveyor for NPK fertilizer section, water.
• Developed clear and concise reports and communications
• Several study cases for rotating equipment: turbo-compressors, process equipment, agitators, gear boxes, pumps, fans, blowers, turbines, motors, between others evaluating/monitoring condition for diagnosis and intervention with components replacement, rebuild or develop engineering, specifications for replace complete unit.