Purchase Officer / Import/Export
Last Updated: 28th June 2018 (over 4 years ago)
DNIIT ( Diploma Software Programming)
— Jun 2004
— Jun 2001
Company Name: Arise Enterprises
Job Profile: Purchaser: Organizing all store operations and allocating responsibilities to personnel. Supervising and guiding staff towards maximum performance. Preparing and controlling the store’s budget aiming for minimum expenditure and efficiency.Organize all store operations and allocate responsibilities to personnel.
Monitor stock levels and purchases and ensure they stay within budget
Deal with complaints from customers to maintain the store’s reputation
Inspect the areas in the store and resolve any issues that might arise
Plan and oversee in-store promotional events or displays
Keep abreast of market trends to determine the need for improvements in the store. Analyze sales and revenue reports and make forecasts
Ensure the store fulfils all legal health and safety guidelines.
— Mar 2011
2. Perform & provide support for all aspects of quality control services for
Incoming raw materials, intermediates and finished products
3. Develop and lead implementation of purchase strategy to achieve cost savings. Constantly review items for bulk purchasing.
4. Develop optimum vendor base to ensure smooth flow of materials and establish long term relationships.
5. Negotiate terms of trade.
6. Preparing Purchase orders and executing the same, and ensure that the material is brought to the warehouse/Site in time.
7. Co-ordinate with Project Department/Site Engineer and meet the requirements of the ongoing project.
— Dec 2009
1. Review Inventory Order points / Stock levels according to demand.
2. Compliance of Budgetary regulations on stock maintenance & purchases.
3. Placing of orders to Suppliers (Europe& Fareast)
4. Consolidate purchase requisition received, send RFQ to the suppliers, obtain Proforma invoice from suppliers PI receipt and check price negotiation with suppliers if required.
5. Verify payments and delivery terms according to agreement. Ensure the supplier’s Delivery schedule is enough to meet the committed deliveries. if not, follow with the suppliers to advance the deliveries or intimate the inventory in advance as the case may be.
6. Order confirmation to the suppliers, nomination of forwarders details subject to competent quote received in coordination with shipping division.
7. Intimate accounts for suppliers payments (L/C and advance payment)
8. Claim to suppliers and follow ups on insurance claim.
— Oct 2006
2. Liaison with various suppliers, forwarders & local clearing agents until Orders are received in our warehouse. Take necessary steps to cut short the overheads. Obtain freight quotes from various forwarders, comparing rates, confirm shipments, etc
3. Follow up of damages in transit, quantity difference, quality problems, etc. with the suppliers by proper follow up.
4. Manage with shipments from more than 30 suppliers, and do all necessary steps to make sure that the materials reach the end user in time.
5. Prepare reports for the management, as & when required