Last Updated: 28th March 2018 (over 4 years ago)
DXC Technology, Avianca Brasil, Thales Group, Embraer S.A., FOCO and Panalpina Ltd. are companies where I have/ had the opportunity to do contracts management, supply chain, program management, logistics and business development. I’m currently looking for a new challenge, having a strong belief that Expat Network´s Customers can be interested in my profile and qualifications.
During the last 10 years I did contracts, procurement, purchasing and program management, being responsible for contracts performance assurance, extensive negotiations, production line supply and sourcing/ development of new suppliers. I was responsible for management, engagement and de-engagement of suppliers, cost reduction plans and relationship building. All of these activities had been performed under an international environment. Also, I would like to highlight, back in 2011, my experience in leading teams, executing the company objectives as well as developing their careers – I´m very proud of this task. I consider myself an entrepreneur, results-oriented and teamwork builder. I also would like quickly highlight the following achievements during these years:
- Large IT solutions contracts negotiation and management of large accounts (such as Zurich - banking, Vale - mining industry, Braskem - chemical industry, Heineken - brewer)
- Negotiation of airport infrastructure for airline (Avianca bases in Miami, Santiago, New York and several others in Brazil), including general preparation of areas for personel and cargoes;
- Negotiation and management of aircraft and engines leasing agreements in line with expected costs;
- Performance assurance of critical ground transportation and military contracts;
- Responsible for negotiation and engagement of several major systems of a new commercial aircraft;
- Elaboration of strategies for partnership with suppliers and company´s operations;
- Cost control (no deviations/ increases in recurring or non-recurring prices);
- Savings of USD400,000 (cash) and USD2,3M (net present value) in 2013;
- savings of over USD2M per year (2008 thru 2012);
- settlement of several supply agreements ordering USD10M, in both general and commercial aviation;
- inventory control policy execution for several mechanical-electrical equipments.
Prior to Embraer, I used to work for FOCO and Panalpina Ltd for a total period of around 3 years. Such experience gave me an opportunity of doing customer service, brazilian customs operations and sales support. While at FOCO, the best achievement was the repair lead time reduction from 120 calendar days to 45 days (both in average). Before, while at Panalpina, the best achievement in that moment was a direct participation to consolidate shipments from different Europeans airports to a single one, creating a hub for import of telecom equipments, thus bringing a significant cost reduction.
I can speak, read and write with fluency in Portuguese, English and Spanish. Professional fluency in French. I’m a manufacturing engineer bachelor, 37 years old, brazilian citizen, married (my wife is also an engineer bachelor) with a 5-years old daughter. I have full availability for business trips (B1/B2 USA visa and B2 Canadian visa holder, expires 2021) and address move.
I kindly ask your attention for a face to face interview or even a phone conversation, at your earliest convenience, so that talk more about my qualification.
Leandro Benedito dos Santos
+55 12 9 7627 1100
Bachelor, Manufacturing Engineering
— Dec 2010
• Successful negotiation of new contracts and extension of current agreements adding about USD 10M in revenue within the next 24 months, 4% above targets (pro rata results of my Q1 in the company).
• Management of a global IT Outsourcing Services agreement worth over USD 45M (customer Vale – mining industry)
— Nov 2017
• Negotiated long term services agreement for CFM LEAP-1A engines, closing the deal 3% below the target;
• Implemented a process to manage letter of credits, this resulted in a cost avoidance and cash refund from partners of over USD2 MM in 12 months (representing 70% success in the execution of this new process);
• Achieved USD 1MM in savings within the next 24 months with jet fuel suppliers;
• Strategies and planning head leader for Avianca´s launch of international airports (Santiago-Chile, Bogota, Miami and New York), having negotiated all contracts with partners and local authorities on-time and on-budget.
— Mar 2015
• Early and often revision of contracted work scope, assurance that the project managers, engineering and operations teams are performing activities in line with the terms of the contract.
• Project´s risks analysis: critical path and potential jeopardy towards the schedule execution.
• Negotiation leadership. Risk assessment of modifications (impacts on time and cost)
• Strategy and document preparation to support discussion with customers about contractual breach.
• Development of a process for managing the contract execution and presenting results/status for the board of the company
Supplier Contracts Manager
— Apr 2014
• Responsible for procurement process (full cycle, from advanced studies and issue of RFP's, negotiations and engagement of the winning supplier).
• Manager of the development of electric and wind speed systems, leading engineering teams, quality, aftermarket, maintenance, manufacturing and financial for carrying out the activities / deliverables agreed (schedule, cost and technical scope) with the internal customer.
• Implementation / improvement of processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency of the supply chain team.
• Structuring the supply chain team for new suppliers sourcing/ development.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager - Products in series, responsible for managing contracts with suppliers to ensure the supply of products to production line. Technical reference for junior employees of the procurement area.
• Leadership of quality, engineering and logistics teams for performing the activities to supply the production line.
• Negotiation and development of new sources, suppliers performance measurement and implementation of action plans for continuous improvement.
• Project management for cost reduction and increased supply chain efficiency.
• Immediate successor of the area manager, assuming the leadership of the team on several occasions.
• Experience in implementation of processes as per lean manufacturing philosophy.