Quality Manager/Certified ISO 9001:2015 QMS Lead Auditor
Last Updated: 7th July 2019 (over 3 years ago)
B.A. Organizational Management
Associate of Applied Science in Mechanical Engineering
Quality Assurance Manager
• Championed Kaizen event to assemble quality control plan for main production line and improve final inspection process by removing waste.
• Coached Quality Engineers to analyze data from Pareto charts in order to implement preventative actions in the production lines.
• Supported in successful passing of ISO 9001:2015 surveillance audit in June 2019 with zero findings.
Quality Control Manager
— May 2018
• Managed 28 degreed multicultural personnel in a one team environment (17 nationalities).
• Supplier Quality Control, team achievement of 4.1 times better result, measured as number of recurring supplier incidents within 6 months, from 54.6 in 2015 to 13.3 in 2017, implementing standard 8D problem reports as well as capturing the related non-quality cost for charge-back, reducing total cost of ownership.
• Customer Quality Control, team achievement of 126.8 times better result, measured as number of Defects Per Vehicle, found at the customer inspection and acceptance at the vehicle sale, from 1.56 in 2014 to 0.0123 in 2017, at two occasions achieving a consecutive 12 months period with zero defects.
• Continual improvement, team achievement improving the operational standard time at FT&A, from 24.6 vehicles/person in 2014 to 46.4 in 2017, using team flexibility balancing work load, visual management boards to minimize waiting, standardized work/vehicle zoning to minimize non-quality/excess processing.
• Contributed in obtaining ISO9001:2015 Certification with zero non-conformities.
• Contributed in obtaining ISO14001:2015 and OSHAS 18001:2007 Certifications with zero non-conformities.
• Increased detection rate of supplier quality issues to 40% at incoming inspection.
• Manage Problem Reports process for nonconforming material related to supplier quality issues.
• Support incident management for supplier quality issues.
• Implemented a Material Review Board (MRB) for disposition of nonconforming material.
• Corporate Health Safety & Environment (HSE) management committee member.
• Eliminated wasteful paper usage in Incoming Inspection and converted to electronic approval.
• Introduced a fenced in quarantine zone to segregate nonconforming and suspect material.
• Reduced nonconforming material inventory from 10 million to 3 million AED in 3 months.
• Implemented smart tablets in Final Test & Acceptance to eliminate the use of paper.
• Improved traceability by introducing electronic build book.
• Reduced recurring supplier quality issues found in the production line by 46%.
— Aug 2014
• Mentored the Receiving Inspection department personnel on Acceptable Quality Limit (AQL).
• Managed Quality Data (QDM) using TIPQA software.
• Conducted audits of Quality Assurance Department Instructions (QADI) and vehicle logbooks.
• Issued Quality Assurance Directives (QAD), Quality Material Reports (QMR) and Clean Up Sheets (CUS) against repetitive defects and damaged material.
Senior Quality representative
— Jun 2012
• Conducted Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) of welds using liquid dye penetrant.
• Developed and implemented Preventative and Corrective Action plans.
• Tutored the Material Review Board (MRB) on resolution of Quality Material Reports (QMR).
Maintenance Team Leader
— Oct 2010
• Instructed daily, weekly and quarterly safety and diversity trainings.
• Coordinated with vendors to ensure that production and skilled trades had necessary Non-Productive Material (NPM) needed for plant operations, spare parts and usage rates.
• Ensured compliance with preventative maintenance/production schedules and adherence to quality standards using Oracle.
Senior Facilities Engineer
— Jul 2008
• Developed preventative maintenance schedules, training manuals, databases and presentations.
• Successfully developed and managed a facilities and personnel relocation plan from old to new quarters, which was completed under budget and ahead of schedule.
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
— Jul 2007
• Designed specialty weld fixtures, templates, tools and tool aids using AutoCAD.
• Coached the production department about make parts for the M1A1 Tank.
• Advised Production Control personnel to ensure that parts were made on schedule.
• Guided Quality Engineers to ensure that make parts were up to quality specifications.
• Implemented tooling enhancements for fabrication, machining and assembly processes.
• Supervised development and revision of detailed work instructions.
• Mentored Manufacturing and Quality Engineers in the prompt and effective resolution of technical manufacturing issues.
• Developed detailed purchase specifications for the Equipment Tool List (ETL).
Senior Manufacturing Engineer, Team Leader
— Jan 2005
• Oversaw the design and manufacture of special tools, tool aids, gauges, fixtures and templates for Stryker and M1A2 Tank manufacturing process.
• Developed Bill of Materials and Engineering Change Requests’ database for Stryker.
• Member of “Core Team” that launched and managed the Stryker Interim Slat Armor project.
• Plant received “GDLS Manufacturing Excellence Award”.
• Led Manufacturing Engineering for Stryker Interim Slat Armor Validation/Verification production and installation teaching processes, which included deployment to Kuwait and Ft. Lewis, Washington. Received commendations from Stryker Project Manager Barry Crawford and Ft. Lewis 3rd Brigade Commander.
• Supported expedited production of rear armor protection doors for the M1A2 Tank. Received commendation from Lieutenant Colonel Damon T. Walsh.
Manufacturing Engineer, Management
— Jul 2003
• Supervised 25 tool and die makers in one team environment.
• Coached Manufacturing Engineering department during new product launching of Stryker.
• Supported the purchase and installation of multimillion-dollar equipment for facility.
• Approved initial product designs for incorporation into manufacturing process, detailed work instructions, prints and Engineering Change Proposals (ECP) for Stryker and M1 Abrams Tank.
• Mentored design and manufacturing personnel to resolve design issues by utilizing Design for Manufacturing (DFM), determining whether special tools or additional equipment were required along with fixture modification.
• Provided recurring and non-recurring costs for vehicle programs and projects for additional Scope of Work (SOW).
Manufacturing Engineer, Salaried Bargaining Unit
— Jan 2001
• Coached production operators in manufacturing processes along with safety related items.
• Conducted internal audits ISO 9001 (quality) and OHSAS 18001 (safety).