Last Updated: 6th May 2018 (over 4 years ago)
A highly organised, experienced and honest professional person with a total of 37 years of multi - disciplined experiences in Engineering, Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE) management with large Industrial companies, UK Military and Government Agencies throughout the world. The last 15 years involved in the oil and gas industry for BP, Statoil, First Calgary Petroleum (FCP), Winter shall , Tullow and Unaoil / Dietsmann on live Operational onshore Drilling sites, Pipeline routes, processing plants and brown field civil sites in hostile desert locations of Algeria, Libya, Kenya and Iraq.
Key skills / strengths:
• Leadership – Well developed leadership skills in various businesses
• Communications - Excellent communicator with experience presenting to royalty, political figures, senior corporate management and Government agencies.
• Languages - Can speak French to a reasonable standard with a small amount of Spanish and Arabic.
• Strong analytical and information gathering skills
• Self motivated, pro active person with relentless drive and determination.
• Able to work as part of a team in adverse and isolated conditions with limited resources.
• Excellent teacher, tutor and mentor with a friendly sense of humour to the local population and highly experienced in the development of local National staff.
Medicine in Remote Areas (MIRA)
— Aug 2016
— Feb 2014
Environmental Waste Management
— Nov 2012
— May 2012
— Nov 2010
Graduateship in Leadership and Management
— May 2012
Explosive safety officer
— Apr 1998
Education for protion to Warrent Officer
— Jul 1997
Marine Plumng and Coppersmith Work Apprenticeship
— Jul 1984
• Quality assurance and control of the day to day security on the gas facility.
— Apr 2016
• Providing support and assurance to the client’s field managers and project director.
• Support contractor safety management activities and oversee the Safety Management Systems.
• Ensures that all ROO rules are implemented on site and that all are trained adequately to enable compliance. Reports the success and challenges of this program to the project director.
• Analyses HSE performance through inspections and audits as well as surveys actively to implement KPI’s and seek improvements in the HSEMS.
• Developed a positive HSE culture by creating dynamic HSE incentive schemes and educating the workforce on the importance of HSE.
• Manages all HSE personnel at the project level, collecting, summarising and presenting the information to the project director.
• Liaises with ROO HSE representatives to ensure the project follows all new ROO requirements as well as any legislative amendments that may come into force.
• Established an active lead role in incident investigations, HSE meetings, sub-contractor HSE forums, emergency planning and testing, HSE training plans and HSE procedures as and when required.
• Provides a development program to aid in the training and professional development of the National Iraqi HSE officers.
EHS Advisor Civils
— Mar 2015
• Provide support and identification of EHS hazards and layers of protection to prevent accidents.
HSE Supervisor Drilling
— Jun 2014
• Developed, rejuvinated and overseen all drilling HSE activities.
HSSE Supervisor Emergency Management
— Aug 2012
• Part of the Incident management Team at the In Amenas central processing facility.
• Member of the Emergency Response and Crisis Management Teams in Algiers.
• Attend the oil and gas meetings in Algiers along with the different Embassy representatives and evaluate the safety and security status for future analysis.
Explosive safety officer
— Apr 2001
• Developed, Consulted and advised government agencies on techniques, training and drills related to their specific needs, including the management of safety while using explosives during live firing.
— Mar 1986
• Supervisor of a large team working in the engine room and holds in the large vessels.