Last Updated: 18th December 2018 (over 3 years ago)
HNC and other
— Jan 2015
• HNC Mechanical Engineering
• Lead Auditor (LRQA)
• SGS 1, 2 & 3 Mine Induction Supervisors
• Safety Mine Induction, Coal – Core
• Safety Induction - Construction
• Train the Trainer
• MS Office Microsoft Project, Microsoft Outlook, Visio
• Q-Pulse, Pronto, QTrak, QDMS, LiveLink, WorkShare, Incite, Aconex & Various QA, Document Control and Completions Packages including ContinuumEdge (CCMS), QEDI (Go Completions).
FIELD QA/QC MANAGER
Origin Energy is a major Australasian integrated energy company involved in gas and oil exploration and production, energy retailing, power generation and utility network management, with revenues in excess of $14Bn and employing more than 6000 staff.
FIELD QA/QC MANAGER – Australia Pacific LNG Gas Processing Facility
The Australia Pacific LNG “APLNG” pipeline is a 362km project to develop a high pressure gas pipeline from the APLNG Hub to APLNG’s LNG plant at Gladstone, with the first gas flow expected in 2015.
• Currently leading the site QA/QC process for the GPF (Gas Processing Facility), working in collaboration with the Quality Manager to ensure all site objectives are being carried out in accordance with plan.
• Executed QA/QC audits and managed resources covering six sites (Condabri Central, Condabri South, Condabri North, Orana, Reedy Creek and Combabula). There are 13 Gas Processing Trains across these sites. Estimated value of project is about $2 billion with more than 1500 people on site.
• Revised the QA strategy in accordance with progress being made by the contractor.
• Built a collaborative relationship with the Contractors QA Manager and Completions Manager to ensure that reporting requirements are met, and to discuss compliance and risk management issues.
• Liaised with Package Managers on the quality of equipment and/or noncompliance.
• Identified opportunities to and successfully reduced DNC rates for welding by introducing standard reporting and monitoring and addressing issues i.e. processes and personnel; saving rework time and reducing costs.
• Continuously track, monitored and reviewed trend analysis of audit findings; and ensured non-conformities and corrective actions are compliant with the GPF Quality requirements.
• Ensured NCR registers were up-to-date, and liaised with Vendors Representatives for NCR closure, and ensured that all documentation was in accordance with ISO 9001.
• Worked with Site Leaders on day-to-day construction issues and on HR issues.
• Oversaw a team of up 26+ staff working across all sites, inclusive of Site Leads, Civil/SMP/E&I Inspectors, MDR coordinators and document control, with accountability for performance and recruitment.
PROJECT QUALITY MANAGER
— Oct 2013
NACAP is a Quanta Services Company, and is a leading provider of specialised contracting services, delivering infrastructure solutions for the electric power, natural gas and pipeline and telecommunication industries.
PROJECT QUALITY MANAGER - Compression Facility
The scope addressed construction of a number of separate high pressure gas transmission pipelines required to connect gas production facilities with either the Main Pipeline System or to connect to existing pipeline infrastructure
• Initiated the project quality management plan to support the PCF consisting of two Gas Compression Trains, Common Equipment and Infrastructure including Metering, Flow Control and LV Power.
• Implemented continuous improvements and updates of the GPF Facility Quality plan.
• Managed the identification, documentation and close out of all non-conformities, corrective actions and opportunities for improvement, whilst adhering to company and client compliance and procedures.
• Reviewed and ensured that Contractor QA/QC documentation was compliant with contract specifications and requirements, and completed review of contractor inspection and test plans to ensure they meet contract specifications and inspection requirements.
• Completed audits throughout the execution phase to verify contractor compliance with specifications Quality Management System and contract requirements.
• Led project change management requirements for the field QA/QC teams.
• Managed field team meetings, minutes, reviews and related documentation.
PROJECT QUALITY MANAGER
— Jul 2013
TSCJV was a joint venture formed to deliver gas processing facilities in the Surat Basin for QGC.
PROJECT QUALITY MANAGER – QGC LNG
This was a JV between Transfield Services Ltd and Clough Projects Australia Pty Ltd, and involved front-end engineering and planning for gas compression facilities, bulk earth work, piling and concrete foundations for the QGC LNG project.
• Readied the Quality Plan for the construction of 8 Field Compression Stations (FCSs) and 2 Compression Processing Plants (CPPs) from green field start. Project value approximately A$1.2 Billion.
• Directed the mobilisation of the Quality Plan to site and for closeout of Stage 1.
• Utilised expertise in QA/QC to identify opportunities for improvement and to mitigate risk, and ensured that quality strategy was in alignment with wider project management plan.
• Regularly audited the effectiveness of the QMS, with a focus on continuous improvements. Oversaw day-to-day management and documentation by contractors, ensuring that all parties met project requirements. Worked in accordance with ISO 9001 compliance requirements.
• Monitored MDR compilation, and reviewed completion data for comparison against construction schedule.
• Actively championed best practice for HSSE/OHS.
Thiess Pty Ltd Mar 2011 to Nov 2012
Thiess provides operations, maintenance, facilities and asset management services to industrial and commercial clients and government agencies across the water, energy, communications, infrastructure and environmental sectors.
PROJECT QUALITY MANAGER - QGC LNG
Involved with Phase 1 of the QGC LNG, and Based on site close to Chinchilla for the Early Works (EW) of the QGC LNG Project. Project value A$600 Million (variations A$400 Million).
• Established the project management plan behind the EW scope included 2 Field Compression Stations (FCS), 6 ponds, civil works for a further 6 FCSs and a temporary control room.
• Ensured that the clients’ QEDI Completions Management System (CMS) requirements were reflected in the Thiess work pack set up, and that all contractual requirements were being met.
• Identified critical inspections and hold points, and resolved accordingly.
• Actively supported Thiess with sub contractor evaluations and project start-up development.
• Reviewed specifications to ensure ITPs generated by engineers and subcontractors were accurate,
• Evaluated and audited subcontractors and reviewed document control procedures to ensure Thiess system reflected QGC system whilst managing Document Control.
• Monitored progress and closure of CMS documentation to ensure timely completion of Mechanical Completion (MC-1) and Pre-commissioning Completion (PC-1).
• Managed Welding Inspectors and Supervisors deployed on site.
PROJECT QUALITY MANAGER
— Mar 2011
John Holland, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Leighton Holdings Limited (ASX: LEI), employing more than 6,500 staff with over $6.4b work in hand, delivering full turnkey contracting, engineering and services solutions to businesses across Australia, Asia, Middle East and globally.
PROJECT QUALITY MANAGER
• Short term contract based on site 50 km south of Karratha, on the Apache Energy LNG Pipeline and Process Plant. Oil & Gas Project. Value unknown short term close out only.
• Oversaw all quality management for Bulk Earthworks, Civils (Pads, Trenching), Concrete (Piling, footings, Slabs), Tanks (Welded and Bolted), Piping (Welding, Torqueing, Hydro), and Mechanical.