INSTRUMENT AND CONTROL ENGINEER
Last Updated: 24th April 2018 (over 4 years ago)
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER I&C
— Jan 2003
INSTRUMENT AND CONTROL ENGINEER
• Provide weekly/monthly calibration reports and technical support to develop the plan for test and inspection of instrument.
• Leading a team of instrument technical in the planning and the execution of instrument maintenance.
• Corrective and Preventive maintenance of DCS (TDC3000, Experion), PLC´s (Allen Bradley, Triconex, Trusted, Siemmens, Modicom, Hima, Trident), ESD and Anti-surge systems (CCC Series 4 and Vanguard series 5).
• Troubleshoot in Instruments and control systems (communications serial/modbus, Ethernet test).
• Liaise with equipment vendors to solve repair problems, upgrade older equipment. to replace obsolete items and to keep abreast of hardware developments.
• Track international purchases through SAP system.
• To carry out the planning of the instruments and equipment to be intervened in the shutdown plant.
• Team meetings in order to improve and increase operational safety of the plant.
• Supervise instrumentation for furnaces, boilers, vibration systems for rotary equipment, reactors, static equipment and other important equipment.
• Develop procedures for maintenance of control systems and instruments.
Installation of instrumentation in tank and separator drum of sulphur and acid water plants.
•Migration of the TDC-2000 distributed control system to TDC-3000 Honeywell from atmospheric distillation and vacuum plants.
•Implementation of the Triconex system as an Emergency Stop System (ESD) of the PTR (Pretreatment of Naphtha) plant.
•Installation of the AMS Emerson asset management system at the FCC plant for preventive maintenance of field instrumentation.
•Upgrade from DCS - TDC3000 to Experion PKS R431 (Monitoring Level - Migration Phase I).
•Installation of the anti-surge compressor system - CCC Series 5 (Vanguard) in Wet Compressor Gas and Train Recovery of Power of FCC Plants.
•Replacing the interface level meter in the desalination unit.
•Replacement of the temperature measurement in the vacuum furnaces and the crude unit.
•Replacement of gas cutting valves in furnaces.
•Replacement of the flow measurement in the distillation tower.
•Installation of new HMI's red lion in field PLC cabinets.
•Installation of the HF eviction system of the alkylation plant. Reliable safety system - ICS Triplex Rockwell Automation.
•Installation of Triconex BMS in the steam generation system - Boilers B-7451, B-7452, B-7453 and B-7454.
•Installation of the 15 MW Solar N-7104 turbine generator.
Responsibilities in the Projects Management:
• Specification of field instrumentation and control safety systems, elaborate the engineering documents including piping & instrumentation diagrams Intools program, instrument index sheets, instrument data sheets, instrument loop diagrams, hook-up drawings, sizing instruments, panel wiring diagrams, fire & gas layouts and PLC specifications, FEED, EPC (Detailed Engineering, Procurement and construction), coordinate commissioning activities, control panels design for ESD, BMS.
• Supervise the installation of instrumentation and implementation of signals in the DCS.
• Managed budget and project progress.
• FAT and SAT test.
• Security studies, HAZOP and full lifecycle of functional safety to IEC 61508, including LOPA and SIL verification studies and calculations on new design and existing plant, RCA/RCM, design and classification of instrument according to hazardous area.