Last Updated: 21st May 2017 (over 5 years ago)
Highly accomplished professional, with extensive experience in engineering, construction project management, planning,scheduling and executing strategies on petrochemical, aluminum plant, gas plant, water treatment and infrastructure construction projects within the mechanical engineering field.
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
— Mar 2007
• Strengthened on-going working rapport with sub-contractors, employees and supervisors to perform engineering activities, such as workflow, manpower, equipment deployment and mobilisation.
• Planned and completed projects according to the Civil Defence, latest QCS and KahraMaa standards.
• Expedited and steered testing and commissioning jobs for mechanical equipment to improve efficiency.
Mechanical and Piping Construction Supervisor
— Jan 2015
• Collaborated with sub-contractor, and supervisors for executions of the multiple duties to determine the technical problems and rectify defects found.
• Accountable for completing test package from punch list, punch killing, pressure testing, line cleaning, reinstatement and submitted to Pre-commissioning team.
• Generated contractual reports and delivered to subcontractors that resulted in investigating mechanical disasters or unexpected maintenance problems.
— Nov 2013
MECHANICAL & PIPING ENGINEER (January 2012 to January 2013)
Coordinated with the Engineering Contractors and responded to resolve queries raised by client. Fostered relationship with subcontractors, suppliers and vendors to align schedule with contract necessities and fulfil operation and maintenance requests. Steered progress meeting based on piping, structural and mechanical erections. Createdweekly and dash board reportand submitted to planning department. Led commissioning activities to prepare plans and pre-functional checklists in order to optimise overall topside plot plant.
• Delivered active and scheduling support in development of contractor’s baseline schedule and attainment of engineering initiatives to meet overall client’s requirements.
• Shouldered the responsibilities regarding preparation of technical specification for piping items such as fittings, valves and special items like strainers and steam traps.
• Spearheaded mechanical engineering and piping activities through coordination of MPS Manager and Engineering the provision of AutoCAD drawings.
Key Projects: Ras Al Khair Aluminum Smelter Project (Gas Treatment Center Facilities) GTC-3 and GTC-4; Maaden Aluminum Company | Project of BECTHEL Corporation / Fives Solios (PSA 2000)
QA/QC ENGINEER (January 2013 – November 2013)
Executed quality control and assurance initiatives to improve accuracy of quality control results, functioned with suppliers and third parties in troubleshooting complications and product failures as well as recognised improvement areas at suppliers. Piloted and co-facilitated various QA/QC related audits and site surveys events and delivered broad-based support to site team with satisfactory resolution of any arising issues. Prepared and compiled packages for the corresponding selected jobs in order to present to client.
• Collaborated with construction team and QA/QC client in order to meet and ensured proper compliance with overall contractual plan specifications.
• Assigned specific jobs related to steel structure, filter module, cleaning system, monorail and hoist, fresh and fluorinated alumina air slides, venting pipes, chutes for used bags.
• Utilised an effective approach in preparing RFI’s for client inspection and conducted internal inspection.
— Dec 2011
• Aligned and trained staff to focus on attaining exceptional coaching on technical knowledge, whilst rendering guidance and assistance to staff to diagnosis the technical issues.
• Distributed pipes and fittings materials for each installation on multiple projects in accordance with project requirements, as well as instigated all the effective discipline methods.