Project, Construction Manager
Last Updated: 31st May 2018 (over 4 years ago)
CIVIL, MECHANICAL, BUILDING CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER CONSTRUCTION PROJECT CONSULTANT
An accomplished Construction Project Manager with 25+ years’ international experience delivering major construction projects. Possesses end-to-end project management experience from initial set-up phase to planning, risk assessment, procurement, budget control and costs, through to completion and project close out. Demonstrates clear and concise communication skills with the ability to liaise at all levels, including stakeholders, subcontractors and clients. A successful supervisor with extensive management techniques, experienced in delivering multi-million-pound projects and leading large multi-disciplined and multi-cultural teams. Extremely organized and diligent, recognized for high standards and service excellence, driving project deliverables and completing projects on time.
Construction Site Management Project Lifecycle Management Subcontractor Supervision Risk Assessments
Quality Control Client Relationship Management Procurement Management Project Documenting
Resource Management Work Package Planning Project Status Reporting Multi-Site Team Supervision
Industrial, Commercial & Residential Projects Training & Mentoring
JIZAN OIL REFINERY (Marine Terminal, Aramco Saudi Arabia),
Project Construction Manager April 2015 – Date
• Delivering comprehensive end-to-end project consultancy to complete the construction of breakwaters, berths, combi-walls and marine terminal buildings and warehousing facilities
• Directly advising contractors on project activities, including strategic plans to complete all aspects of concrete and steel works for foundations and buildings
• Coordinating with project engineers, operations and planners to specify contents of construction work packages and produce project schedules
• Performing on-site field assessments to validate requirements for the project and liaising with procurement to identify and obtain resources
• Monitoring and controlling project performance to achieve quality, cost and time targets in a safe and environmentally controlled manner
MINEQUIP CORP (Caribbean), General Manager August 2011– Feb 2015
• Managed the project/construction phases of 17 oil pumping stations, including corresponding dredging, earthworks, sea defense, concrete, mechanical & electrical installation and piping works.
• Led projects end-to-end to complete 20km road works, 12 tank oil farm, bridge works, managing multi-site teams of up to 200 personnel including direct reports
• Led the construction & mechanical installation for an 800ton/day bauxite drying plant and river load out terminal.
• Consistently worked against performance targets to meet the project deadline and handover the operational equipment safely and within budget
• Lowered costs and increased profits through introduction of asset management, computer aided systems and OPEX & CAPEX budget planning & management.
GUYANA GOLDFIELDS (Guyana) Construction/Project Manager August 2010 – August 2011
• Created a safe working environment in partnership with construction and installation teams to complete earthworks, 24km road-works, bridgework and loading pier.
• Monitored and steered contractors in the construction of out-stations, housing, sub-stations, services and underground utilities.
• Liaised with the government, IMF, and WWF directly to manage the construction environmental, monetary and budgetary restrictions.
BAUXITE COMPANY OF GUYANA (Guyana) Construction/Project Manager May 2007- September 2010
• Managed primary work teams for a major mining operation upgrade, construction and roadway project.
• Supervised teams of 700 workers for this major project and coordinated the budgets and procurement of all materials, plant, resources and contractors responsibilities.
• Championed safety development and initiatives. Implemented 5S program for a safe and progressive work environment
MINING SERVICE & SUPPLY CO. (Worldwide) Construction/Project Director August 1997-April 2007
• Provided site construction and quality management for industrial, commercial and residential civil, mechanical and electrical projects. Successfully completed all within deadline, with no defects or lost time accidents.
• Mentored multi-disciplined teams in construction and maintenance shut-down projects ensuring adherence to safety, time, traffic management and budget restraints.
• Developed project specification, safety, quality and project RFQ,RFI, JSA and PTW documentation
Selected earlier experience:
Cable Belt Conveyors – Projects Director 1990 – 1997
Cable Belt Conveyors – Regional Director, Israel 1987 – 1990
Cable Belt Conveyors – Construction Manager (various projects worldwide) 1984 – 1987
National Coal Board UK – Mechanic of the mine
• Mechanical Engineer Apprenticeship (4 year – NCB)
• Health & Safety at Work Act (Trent University)
• Mines & Quarries Act (Trent University
• Rigging & Slinging Safety (British Safety Council)
• Man Management Courses (Cable Belt Conveyors)
• Nebosh Safety Course
• Safety Officer Refresher Course
• Accident Investigation Course
• Safety Management Training
• Heat Stress Awareness (Aramco)
• Electrical Safety Training
• Confined Spaces Safety Course
• Working at Height
• Scaffolding Safety Inspection
• Advanced Driving Training (Aramco)
• Microsoft Windows Scheduling Application
• Foreman & Gangers Supervisory Control Course
• Scaffold Safety Inspection
• Site Safety Fire Hazards
• BEng (Hons) – Trent University (UK)
• C &G Technical Cert (Arnold &Carlton College)
• C & G Craft/hydraulics Cert (Arnold & Carlton College)
• Leaving Certificates ( 5 ‘A’ level subjects) – High Pavement Grammar School
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (MS Excel, MS Word & MS Project)
• Primavera, Smartsheet & Buildtools construction application
• IMEME (Institute of Mining Electrical and Mechanical Engineers