Last Updated: 29th September 2018 (over 4 years ago)
• Experienced Construction Team Lead in Oil and Gas/LNG terminal construction Client PMT and in EPCM organizations on Mega Projects.
• 15 years plus at Superintendent/Team Lead level of multi-discipline construction experience in onshore green field and brownfield sites marine construction and, supported by 15 years at Supervisor level.
• Strong negotiating and influencing skills to enable Contractors to achieve best possible performance.
• Onshore works experience – Site set up and Early Works including construction of initial site infrastructure roads and accommodation camps. Heavy civil, buildings, structural, piping, mechanical and E&I construction. Bulk earthworks and rock cut, construction of bridges and highways, LNG terminals and gasification plants, CCGT power station, chemical processing expansion projects, fabrication yards.
• Marine works experience – demolition of decommissioned oil and gas structures, construction of LNG jetties and loading berths, marine structures, material offloading facilities, marine piling, gravity base structures, jacket installation, causeways, seawater intake structures, dredging, modular construction. Use of heavy lift vessels, jack-up barges, crane barges and associated marine support vessels for installation of LNG loading modules, loading arms, pre-assembled pipe racks, and berthing control buildings.
• Strong leadership in development and management of construction teams appropriate to project requirements on international mega projects in UK, Australia and Kazakhstan having extremes of hot and cold working environments with multicultural workforce.
• Very clear understanding and ability to deliver world class zero tolerance safety performance while achieving required construction progress.
• Strong team player and manager, with excellent motivational, organizational and communication skills having ability to interface and communicate well from senior management to worksite operatives.
• Able to provide day to day management direction and assurance oversight of main contractors and sub-contractors to conform to contract requirements and obligations.
• Fully committed to integration of team effort in Safety, Quality and Construction.
• Construction management and assurance oversight of EPCM contractors and main contractor. FEED contribution to content and production of documents, procedures and drawings ready to issue for construction. Various forms of contract development, tender issue, review, contractor selection and award of contracts. Management and supervision of fixed price lump sum, reimbursable time and materials, schedule of rates. Ability to plan, resource and maintain critical path works, tracking and achieving project success, implementation of progress recovery plans as necessary. Commercially aware of good and poor construction practices, strategies and cost management.
BTEC Higher National Certificate Civil Engineering
— Jun 1988
3GI Shared Services Superintendent.
• Construction of all infrastructure, roads and terraces, buildings, site facilities above and below ground required to support efficient construction of the 3rd Generation Gas Injection Plant.
September 2014 – May 2018. FGP-WPMP. CaTRo Project – Value $2Billion, TengizChevroil, Kazakhstan – COF and Nearshore Construction Superintendent for Client PMT.
• Sheet pile cofferdam quay 6000t of sheet piles, approx. 1500m quay wall and anchor sheet piles with tie-rods.
• Precast piled relief decks, 6No x 1000m3 plus reinforced concrete pours.
• Firewater and raw water intakes structure with associated pumps, pipework and E&I installation.
• Assembly and erection of 70m communications tower and Vessel Traffic Management scope.
• Maintenance and facilities buildings.
• LV Substation
• Excavation of 2.5km dry excavated marine channel and vessel turning basin, dykes, causeway and approach roads in marine conditions.
• Development of sand fill material borrow pits and stockpile management to move 3.5million M3 for oversite filling, road improvement and upgrades.
• Construction of contractor camps and maintenance facilities.
Marine Construction Superintendent
— Jul 2014
• Initial role as Project Construction Engineer in office based Construction Dept to support FEED.
• Advising on practical and safe working constructability, resource requirements, planning and scheduling and participation in HAZIDs and RAs.
• Tender submission reviews providing input for contractor selection and recommendation for award of the Gorgon Jetty and Marine Structures Contract.
• Construction Superintendent site duties commenced in January 2010 in integrated PMT Early Works Pioneer Team setting up offices and camps on the remote island off Western Australia.
• Dredging - Cutter suction, backhoe, grab dredge of 7MM m3 for approach channel and turning basin. Reclamation works for material offloading facility island.
• Construction of material offloading platform and 2.1km jetty with LNG offloading berths. Marine structures comprised breakwaters using rock and precast concrete X-blocks, sheet piles, precast concrete caissons, piled structures, jacket installation, insitu concrete relief decks.
• Acted as authorized signatory for heavy lifts up to 450t via shear leg crane barges and jack-up barges.
• Semi-submersible delivered caissons, float-off, placement and ballasting.
• Preassembled pipe-rack, and roadway, jacket dolphins, topsides and offloading berth structures, installation of loading arms.
• Hook-up of all pipework, hydrotesting testing, cryogenic insulation, E&I works through to commissioniong.
• Inpsection visits to off-sight Indonesian fabrication yards.
Marine Construction Lead
— Oct 2008
• Client PMT as Marine Construction Lead. Responsible for the management of the EPCM contractor for the civil, mechanical, piping and E&I construction activities through to Mechanical Completion and Turnover to the Commissioning team.
• Early Works and site set up leading into the commencement of the civil marine scope of works comprising refurbishment and demolition of the existing four berth jetty replaced with construction of two new berths, bresting and mooring dolphins.
• Installation of pre-assembled berth units, pre-assembled pipe racks, in-situ pipework, insulation and all E&I.
• Leading a team of discipline supervisors and a HSSE advisor duties were to review and approve method statements, risk assessments, lift plans, monitor quality and enforce compliance by the EPCM contractor and their sub-contractors to work safely and construct in compliance with the Specification and Drawings. Management of the performance by the EPCM contractor and sub-contractors to agreed programs of work, monitoring and assessing adequacy of resources. Providing daily reports to the Construction Manager, provision of records to project control with respect to claims.