Procurement & Stock Controlling Manager
Last Updated: 20th October 2020 (about 1 year ago)
Then moved over to procurement and supply chain for ERG Africa.
My skills acquired from audit and accounting helped a great deal in doing proper data analysis and doing forecasting for stock levels needed for mine sites in the DRC.
Over 7 years I managed and maintained stock between 60 – 170 million USD doing above and beyond from accounting to buying to logistics and other procurement and supply chain roles and duties.
I am hard working and self-motivated and self-driven. Always give my best efforts and take pride in my work.
Gr12 - Matrix
— Dec 2003
English second language HG
Computer Studies SG
MRP Stock Controller
— Feb 2019
2. On-site support given, Expat work done for periods of time
3. Identifying problematic areas with the stock system and rectifying them.
4. Implementation of new stock procedures.
5. Stock take count, updating the system and processing of necessary month end stock reports for management.
6. Make sure the Logistics department calculates stock correctly for stock send out.
7. Sorting of queries in the following departments:
8. Updating gate control sheets of stock coming into warehouse.
9. Checking of receipts and shipments every day for complete & accuracy of stock flow.
10. Analyzing stock valuation daily to make sure stock levels are correct and well managed.
11. Processing ageing of stock on a daily basis, as well as monthly for financial month end reporting.
12. Managing of queries in an efficient and professional manner.
13. Managing stock statistics on a daily basis as well as part of monthly reports.
14. Liaise with Logistics department so that the correct information can be relayed regarding stock so all departments are on the same page.
15. Processing of returns and stock adjustments on our Accounting system- Accpac. Stock and non-stock related.
16. Preparing of documents for BV (Bureau Veritas) so shipments can be inspected on time.
17. Sending of final documents to BV for goods that were shipped.
18. Compiling of month end reports of all BV inspections completed.
19. Working on SIA ( Sage Inventory Advisor )that is a stock monitoring program that shows the following:
• Current stock holding level
• Excess stock
• Surplus orders
• Stock fill rate
• Stocked out items
• Potential stock out items
• Lead time
• Safety stock levels
• Frequency – How often need to place orders
20. SIA for MRP function is now used to manage all ERG’s different mines in the DRC, Zambia, Zimbabwe and South Africa’s stock levels to ensure best possible production outcome and to try avoid any possible stop in production line, as well as unnecessary spend. Average stock holding managed in total for all site is +- USD 160 - 175 million
21. Month end reporting on the mines stock levels for finance.
22. Weekly reporting done on fast and high value items, as well as medium and slow moving items on stocked out and potential stock out items that are production stopping items called M1 & M2 stock items. Movement report consists of 36 reports and M1 & M2