Project Control Coordinator
Last Updated: 1st February 2020 (over 2 years ago)
Possess expertise in defining, creating and controlling Level II, Level III and Level IV schedules for both, brownfield and greenfield projects.
Ability to train and engage Project Control teams to increase probabilities of achieving Project deadlines.
Resourceful and results-oriented leader with hands-on experience directing all activities of projects control within fast track projects.
Master of Science in Electronic Engineering
— Dec 2009
— Dec 2016
Planning & Project Control Coordinator
US $5.400 Million / 66’000.000 MH
Coordinate a team of 5 people to supervise the planning and project control activities of the contractor.
• Revision and aproval of monthly contractor’s progress.
• Revision and aproval of baseline and update schedules.
• Incorporate the contractors’ schedules into the overall master schedule.
• Produce the monthly progress reports.
• Elaboration of Monte Carlo Schedule risk analysis to provide confidence forecasts for the completion of the Project (P50, P80).
Pre-commissioning & Commissioning Planner
— Dec 2015
US $21,2 Million
Planning & coordination of handover Schedule. Conversion from construction sub-system Schedule, coordinate the quantity surveyor team to collect progress.
Project Planner & Scheduler
— May 2015
US $8.016 Million / 60’000.000 MH
One of the biggest projects ongoing in Colombia. It has been a challenge to support a 12.600 people Construction Team with only 10 schedulers in the Construction Project Control Team. Each scheduler is handling at least three Units from the 32 Units of the Project. Also, it was needed to re-create a fully detailed contractual construction schedule and to integrate it with the Engineering, Fabrication and Procurement Schedule developed in Houston.
Project Planning Engineer
— Mar 2012
Off Gas System Project
US $44 Million / 640.000 MH
I was involved in this project since the Definition Phase Study, reviewing the Engineering, estimating the equipment and minimum manpower required, preparing a plan for the Tie-Ins and producing a the Master schedule and five detailed schedule per each discipline involved. Also, I needed to create estimate the budget man-hours and to produce the flowchart for the project.
- Elaborate the detailed schedules for the civil, mechanical, structural, electrical and I&C Off Gas System project and Noss Punch List.
- Elaborate the weekly and monthly report for Bhp Billiton with the summary of the works and other indicators.
- Software: Primavera P6 & Microsoft Project
Project Planning Engineer
— Jul 2011
Noss Project Turnaround & Punch List: Demolition and Rebuild of the 22m diameter Furnace for the Niquel Ore Smelting System in 123 days shutdown.
US $223 million / 1’260.000 MH
This was an intense project, performed on a double shift base, 14 hours per shift, and with a postponed turn-around by 4 month delay. Not all the material was in place and not all the Engineering was completed. It was not given to the Construction team the enough time to study the scope and to plan the works. We as a planners, needed to develop an accelerated understanding of the Scope, to develop not only an schedule but also tools to let the construction team understand what was needed to be done and which sequence. The schedule it was updated every single day, twice a day. The report were produced also in a daily base and they were distributed, explained and translated to the each foreman, by the own planning team.
- Perform resource and equipment planning for executing the activities of the work.
- Provide alerts based on the analysis of the critical path.
- Coordinate with the superintendents and with engineering leads the two weeks look ahead planning, according with the critical path of the schedule.
- Update and monitor the schedule (PDT) according to the progress observed in the field.
- Software: Primavera P6
Construction Project Engineer
— Apr 2010
— Feb 2008
— Dec 2006