Senior Engineering, Construction, and Project Management Professional
Last Updated: 17th July 2019 (over 3 years ago)
Highlights of Expertise
• Project Management & Resources Scheduling
• Cost Estimates & Contract Negotiation
• Multi-disciplinary Team Leadership & Supervision
• Financial Controls & Operations Management
• Process Improvement & HSE Compliance
• Construction & Maintenance Management
• Sour & Hazardous Environments
• Cross-Functional Collaboration
• Outsourcing & Contracted Services
• Root Cause Analysis & Turnarounds
Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering
— Apr 2006
Facilities Engineering Manager
— Feb 2019
- Rolled out a multi-disciplinary engineering division for a start-up Oil & Gas company that supported operations maintaining >165 MBOPD of crude oil and >4 BCFD of natural gas.
- Subsequently, created an implementation plan for the restoration of facilities to a >95% operational capacity while expanding infrastructure to increase Oil production from 165 MBPOD to >200 MBPOD.
- Led development of a major rejuvenation plan for an unmaintained petrochemical operation that encompassed 500+ connected HP flow and injection pipelines, seven crude oil collection facilities, four crude oil/gas processing facilities, 33 LP/MP/HP turbine compressors for gas re-injection, and two water processing and re-injection sites.
- Partnered with the state oil company (PDVSA) to align key reservoir recovery and maintenance planning in support of production stimulation and drilling objectives while developing a staged facility recovery and expansion plan.
- Initiated the launch of a grassroots Facilities Project and Engineering Department to rejuvenate the surface facilities. However the plan remains incomplete due to political issues in Venezuela.
VP Operations / President - Africa Region
— Oct 2018
- Created engineering and construction standards aligned with international best practices and local laws. Built strategic relationships with local regulators, government ministries, and international resources.
- Drove the success of a power generation initiative in Chad by identifying and continually strengthening relationships with the executive branch, ministries, and industry leaders to deploy a countrywide natural gas supply network, expand electrical generation through the country and eliminate waste of resources.
- Created project proposals and engineering documents to convert facilities from diesel to natural gas.
- Initiated the pre-FEED and investor negotiations to install a 200MW power station in Ghana.
- Rolled out the strategic project implementation plan for natural gas demonstration facilities in Honduras.
- Identified, built, and strengthened relationships with decision makers including the President of Chad, and senior advisors to the executive branch.
Senior Construction Manager, Project Manager, Facilities Engineer
— Jul 2017
- As Project Manager / Senior Facilities Engineer managed project scopes from feed through commissioning, including technical input and design. Drafted, managed, and documented project budgets and AFE’s. Toured project sites, engineering houses, and suppliers’ facilities.
- Rapidly deployed a produced water management facility that enabled oil production to nearly double within a few days of start-up. The Project was implemented ahead of schedule, within budget less than three months from conception.
- Drove up daily production 98% by designing and launching a mobile produced water disposal project on budge and, ahead of schedule in Chad, Africa.
- Slashed in-field construction overhead >70% and met timelines for projects valued at $200MM+ USD.
Sr. Management & Engineering Consultant
Senior Project Facilities Engineer
— Apr 2014
- Vetted and launched 40+ facility upgrades and maintenance projects during a large plant shutdown.
- Optimized project scope, solutions development, planning, and execution of multiple projects while supporting a major turnaround at a client’s Oil & Gas facility.
Senior Facilities Engineer / Construction Manager / Manager Electrical Engineering
— Aug 2013
• Vigilantly enforced QA/QC requirements and protocols, progress reporting, and cost controls.
• Significantly shortened project completion time frames in collaboration with Canadian Project Engineering Group.
• Led electrical design of $320MM USD natural gas power plant expansion without typical engineering supports.
• Revived and completed 20+ mothballed or delayed projects within four months.
• Ensured >95% facility operational availability by directing completion of facility maintenance and small expansion projects across four separate facilities, including 560MW of power generation, 21MBOPD of crude oil production, and >60MMSCFD of sour gas production and processing.
• As Lead Electrical Engineer for the Boca de Jaruco 160 MW Combined Cycle Conversion Project in Cuba directed a Canadian and Cuban cross disciplinary electrical design team of engineers, designers, and EPC to update DBM scope and resurrect a 160MW co-generation power plant conversion. Recovered six-month schedule slippage to deliver the detailed design package before deadline.
• As Manager - Electrical Engineering, Oil & Gas and Power Division led team assigned to coordinate electrical engineering requirements for multiple oil & gas and power generation facilities in Cuba. Current operating capacities for the facilities exceed 21K BPD of oil and 376MW of base load generation.
Team Leader - Manufacturing Engineering
— Aug 2001