HSE & Environmental Engineer/Coordinator/Specialist
Last Updated: 10th April 2018 (over 4 years ago)
— Mar 2002
• Development and implementation HSE & Safety Management Systems based on the requirements of ISO 14001,and OHSAS 18001 both at Project and Company level;
• Interact with plant operators, supervisors and managers for data reconciliation and advice changes to fulfill the HSE procedures and regulatory norms.
• Coordinate audits or Audit on regular basis all the departments to safe operations
• Identify the impact of potential new laws and regulations
• Perform the location risks analysis
• Drive actively the hazards recognition training in the location
• Work as a HSE incharge to address safety near misses, incidents and noncompliance situations.
• Provide technical expertise in new equipment/facilities development by actively participating in Project Environment, Safety and Health reviews, audits and internal self-assessments.
• Provide technical expertise and participate in injury/incident investigations to assist in identifying root cause analysis and provide recommendations to prevent reoccurrence
• Organize Safety awareness campaign to promote Safety topics
• Based on the audit results, propose solutions to address the safety high risks
• Facilitate setting of annual safety goals, objectives and targets
• Support Maaden Corporate in his safety expertise domain
• Support actively Maaden Company in the relationships with regulatory agencies
• Prepare Daily/Weekly/Monthly reports, audits, statistics, and incident analysis of HSE activities.
— Mar 2014
• LPS Implementation, Safety Monitoring & Safety Audit in Rig sites.
• Environmental discharges from the rig sites mainly flaring, emissions & wastes etc.
• Chemicals handling, Spill and contingency plan implementation on rig sites
• Development and implementation of HSE & Safety Plans and Procedures for Construction, Pre-Commissioning and Commissioning activities
• Performed at different stages of the design and in Loss Prevention Engineering activities (HSE/Safety, Fire Protection, );
• Development and implementation of full comprehensive Safety Training programs
• Conduct HSE Audits
• HSE management including Land disposal of treated effluents, landfills design, and solid waste /waste water management.
• Safety Planning, Monitoring, Control & preparation reports highlight the Safety Statistics.
• Accidents investigation and reporting
• Participate in appropriate work/activity planning with Client to ensure the safe and effective performance of operational and maintenance activities.
• Develop and promote appropriate processes and procedures including minimum standards for safe behaviors.
• Develop and implement strategies to disseminate Company safety requirements to employees and contractors.
• Review commissioning & startup and other operations procedures to ensure that all safety impacts are fully considered.
• Participates in the PSSR for processing units and assists in the resolution of outstanding items.
• Participates in safety audits dealing with company facilities, activities, procedures and safety management systems as relates to start up and the initial operation of the gas processing to ensure compliance and encourage continuous improvement.
Sr. HSE Engineer
— Jan 2009
• Monitor Subcontractor performance.
• Undertake work permit reviews and recommend areas for improvement.
• Responsible for updating HSE plan and Programme as the project develops ensuring that HSE Programme is an integral part of the project and that the design is risk based.
• Technical Studies including HAZID, HAZOP, QRA, SIL, LOPA etc.
• Reviews pre-commissioning, commissioning & to start-up procedures related to fire protection/safety, ensure new plants comply with fire protection/safety requirements.
• Reviews and comments on all documents received relating to Major Projects (technical & non-technical) after liaising with concerned department.
• Participates in the development, supervision and monitoring of plant loss control programmes such as the accident prevention, training and inspection Programme, etc.