PROJECT DIRECTOR - DESIGN DIRECTOR - GM - MD
Last Updated: 28th May 2017 (over 5 years ago)
Jerry has a long and distinguished international career in the fields of Architecture, RE Property Development Management, Construction Supervision, Planning, Commercial & Project Management, Financial Control, GM, Aviation (Airport) Projects, Business Development, Urban Planning / Design and Consultants / Contracts supervision. He is a recognized leader and expert in the field of public use, mixed use, aviation, hospitality / residential signature projects with a particular focus on the Persian Gulf Region. He co-authored press articles and offered interviews for many professional magazines. From 1990 to 2014, he resided in the USA, Germany, Portugal, UAE, Kuwait, working with the region’s largest Real Estate PDM, PMC and the A/E firms. He has a close affiliation with the Compton and SIGUS Award Programs and has served as an Operations / Project Director. He has worked for the international companies, high-profile private clients and known GCC / EU property developers. He has been written about in: Town & Country Magazine (NYC, USA), Construction, Taburet, Anglo-Luso News (Portugal), Home and Garden, Eccentric magazines (USA).
SENIOR PROJECT / DESIGN DIRECTOR
• Business Development
• Represented clients, directed consultants.
• General / Project Management processes lead
• Selected Consultants, Improved design qualities
• Provided guidance on work priority, PM and sequence
• Directed PM team, meetings, guidelines and presentations.
• Managed budgets, negotiated and approved contracts, design supervisor
o Directed master planning of the RAK Waterfront Retail RE property development, UAE
o Directed RE Property Developers in the best qualified consultants selection (A/E, MEP), GCC
o Created design of The BQ high-rise Office Towers and a Shopping Center, Al Khobar, KSA
o Supervised prep of the Design Guidelines for the Tiger Woods Golf Resort Property Development, UAE
o Delivered the Mashraff Hotel re-construction PM proposal, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Created two Real Estate Property Development concepts for:
o International Airport & Commercial Hub - 60 mln passenger capacity on 2,000 ha. Warsaw. $9-11 Bn USD
o New City Downtown, high-rise (up to 76-storey), mixed use, urban development located on 1,370 ha.
• Business Development, DM+ PM, Planning, GM+CM services
• Luxury Apartments - construction management.
• 2016: Selected to direct 5 stars Hotel in Bavaria, Germany (still on hold).
• 2016: International competition for several mixed use INFRASTRUCTURE property developments, sponsored by the Ministry of Urbanization. Redesign / re-revitalization developments located in India.
• November 2015: participated in a bid for a Dxxxli City design / real estate pdm project on 3,000 ha.
• Publication : February 2015: directed by me the JP Mansion, design top-end project; The Town and Country exclusive global magazine, New York City, The Hearst Publishers, USA.
• "Jerry, please send us the RFP, the DDMC projects history brief" - Bid for Master Planning award of $830 Mln Dubai Retail City award; on 95 ha plot along the Al-Ain Highway; a retail mega property development.
• The UAE Govt invited to direct the Emirates Institution for Advanced Science and Technology high-rise project, Dubai. "Eng. Gruzewski, please provide us with your master planning proposal, for the redevelopment of the Emirates Institution for Advanced Science and Technology" (1,9 ha; the UAE Government sponsored high-tech project). Dubai Municipality funded high-rise project.
• Tenders / Bids - Business Plans prep for local construction companies - PM, Construction and Design services.
2014 - 2016 BIDS :
1. Competition - International Competitive Bidding
Department Of Community Development - Boston, MA
2. USA BID NO 2: NOTICE OF INTENT TO AWARD A GRANT (MHP)
International Competitive Bidding - Boston, MA
3. URBAN PLANNING AND DESIGN PROJECT - QATAR
International Competitive Bidding; Public Works Authority;
4. CONSTRUCTION SUPERVISION - CZECH REPUBLIC
Czech Republic - Ministry Of Transport
5. CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT - BELGIUM
Construction, Engineering And Inspection Services
The Contract: S-S.. Global Actualization Study
6. TOWN PLANNING DEVELOPMENT - TAIWAN
Urban Development Bureau XXX City Government
7. REAL ESTATE PDM MANAGEMENT PROJECT - FRANCE SCOT Union - Telephone: +33 38047XXX
Real Estate Services Design Consulting Services. More bids / tenders / competitions submitted to Bahrain, Poland, Belgium, USA, and France
OPERATIONS DIRECTOR (of Architectural Services) and SDM
— Feb 2008
Supervised, PM-ed, or directed iconic projects for the Nakheel, the DMCAA, Saudi Aramco)
• Supervised 6 international firms from the KSA, USA and EU, and directed the F+G’s PM team
• Responsible for the contracts negotiations, design management, contracts prep.,, project, consultants
• Established honorariums, approved contracts, selected consultants.
• Acted as a Business Development Director.
• Business developer, head of competition and project administration (PM)
• Responsible for the budgets, payments, fees delivery, scheduling / phasing planning .
• Led prep of design guidelines, presentations, meetings, honorariums.
• Head of many meetings with the design consultant and the clients
• More Info: http://jaroslawg.tripod.com/comp.html
o Reviewed the $24 Bn USD Saadiyat Island mixed use property development's design qualities, Abu Dhabi, UAE. Museum's Design, Structural, Eng., Communication, Design Quality Assurance Consultant. PM services. 2,440 ha.
o The Jumeirah Lake Towers high-rise Property Development; DM services. A 100 hectare , 79 towers. Plans review, corrections.
o Verified Urban Planning plans for the Saadiyat Island mixed use property development, UAE.
o Provided financial program (R+F) for the $26 Bn USD Bawadi, 3,600 ha mixed use urban planning project
o The Time Zone Retail & Business Park High-Rise Property Development; Design / QA services for the DMCCA Property Development Co.. 48 hectare multi-use, high-end property development in Dubai. PM and DM services.
— Nov 2006
REAL ESTATE PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT
PROJECT DIRECTOR of the Porto Jumeirah iconic Hospitality / Waterfront Property Development, Dubai ($ 970 Mn USD).
• Developed financial models, and Hotels Design Guidelines. Supervised budgets, consultants, managers, projects. Led meetings with the Consultants (RTKL, HOK) and Contract, Project, Constuction, HVAC / MEP, Design, BD managers
• Selected, hired, coordinated urban planning consultants, documentation and payments (contracts).
• Created design concepts, financial, communication guidelines for the architectural / urban planning consultants. Monitored their design progress.
• Prepared preliminary property development programs for high, mid and l low density options
• Created project financial program for a shopping center, and corrected design guidelines
• Checked and approved Declaration of Interest, RFP and development design qualities (QA)
• More Info: http://jaroslawg.tripod.com/develop.html
Managed budgets, reports, selected + hired consultants; feasibility studies lead.
o Supervised $3,6 Bn USD Mirbat hospitality / residential / marina real estate property development, master planning; 410 ha, Oman.
o The $9,6 Bn USD Abu Shum Um mixed use (hospitality and residential) RE high-end property development urban planning on 830 ha, Abu Dhabi
o Muscat Marina (Al-Quorum), residential RE master planning on 39 ha, Oman
o Directed master plannning concept for the ADTA mixed use property development (167 ha), Abu Dhabi, UAE
o Supervised Global Village International Theme Park RE retail development. Abu Dhabi, UAE
PROJECT MANAGER + SENIOR ARCHITECT + MANAGING DIRECTOR + LEAD URBAN PLANNER
— Nov 2003
project managers, architects, SPECs correction, consultants and contractors supervision
• Supervised DM+PM teams, in the public use, educational and retail projects delivery, Massachusetts.
• Construction supervisor of the 1 Bulfinch Place Office bldg, Town-Hall and Sport Hall constructions.
• Supervised Cambridge Mall in Massachusetts; contracts, F+R, consultants, and the budgets.
• Consultants / Contractors, schedules and budgets supervisor. Business developer and QA/QC manager.
• Responsible for interfacing / working with the Federal RE Property Developers (Govt., Municipalities)
• Led teams, corrected SPECS, financial plans, checked and approved contracts, supervised consultants work.
• Supervised Eng., PM processes, documentation, planning, AutoCAD, budgets and information flow.
• Directed public bids / tenders for the Massachusetts State (Govt.) commissioned projects.
• Supervised design of the US Government commercial and public use projects.
• Monitored prep of public bids, contracts, projects budget, flow of information and payments.
• Participated in all meetings with the clients, architects, managers, stakeholders and Mass. Govt representatives (developers).
owner: STUDIO ABC INTERNATIONAL, Warsaw, Poland & Portugal, November 1993 - Aug '96
Business Development, Real Estate PDM, GM, Project Management, Design and Construction Management. The Real Estate properties research, acquisitions supervision, budgeting, clients representation. Liaise with the Clients, RE Brokers / Investors, and the Consultants. Took part in a competition for the US Consulate reconstruction, 2nd prize, EU. Designed and Constructed (supervised) 920 SM, high-end Quinta (residence) in Portugal. $2,8 mln iconic project.
• Business development, Design and Construction lead
• Supervised staff, contractors, constructions, design and PM processes
• Ensured flawless coordination between the staff, consultants, and the clients.
• Directed new projects search, Real Estate PDM, GM/PM/DM services marketing
• Managed finances, business development, HR, clients, consultants, contracts, design quality assurance.
SENIOR PROJECT ARCHITECT & LEAD URBAN PLANNER – MUNICH, GERMANY (and Troy, USA)
MINORU YAMASAKI ARCHITECTS, INC. Troy; Feb '92 - Sep '93
(clients: German, Hungarian, Saudi Arabian RE Property Developers)
PM and Design Leader of office, commercial, retail and hospitality projects and the RE property developments for Germany, Saudi Arabia, Hungary and Greece. Supervised architectural design / urban planning team, wrote programs, scheduled work; Coordinated feasibility studies, planners, communication, hotel operations, construction consultants. Cooperated with German, Hungarian and Saudi Arabian RE Property Developers.
• The OLYMPIA Beach / Golf Resort w/ 2 Hotels, high-end property development, Greece. Head of Project.
• HUNOR-PARK 5 Star Hotel in Budapest. Head of Design.
• SCHUTOW I & II, Rostock, "Hospitality, High-rise Office, Industrial, Retail and Residential 680 ha town planning development ($1,29 Bn USD in 1993).
• Projects Leader: Schutow Hotel, Shopping Mall, high-rise residential towers, and Expo Hall.
• The UNTERGOHREN Marina + Residential Property Development, Lead Urban Planner, 420 ha, Germany.
GENERAL MANAGER - PRINCIPAL ARCHITECT - CONSTRUCTION MANAGER
— Dec 1991
PT PROCESS, Inc., Princeton, NJ, USA - September 1988 - Dec '90
PRINCIPAL of the BRIGHT MEADOW, America’s 7 th most expensive private estate ( $124 Mn, in 1992). Client: RIP Mrs. Barbara P-Johnson (Johnson & Johnson pharmaceutical corporation, former co-owner).
Direct Design, Classical / Historic Interior Design, PM and Construction responsibilities for the $39 million, 53,000+ SF high-end residential property. All Phases: Design, PM, Construction Lead, Contracts Prep., Budgeting, Purchases, Close-out. The BM (Jasna Polana) Mansion Head of Project. Directed design, contractors, consultants (HVAC, MEP), finances, suppliers, purchases, schedules, budget, construction quality monitoring / scheduling.
Full array of hands-on responsibilities: design, budgeting, materials selecting, purchases, invoicing, contracts' awarding. Administration, pay-rolls approval, PM, contracts negotiation, interior design and construction supervision. Contractors selection, hiring and supervision. Fit-out, Interiors. Construction, Close-out.
• Head of Project: the PILICA Palace, 53,000 SF project on 45 ha in Poland. Design, Consultants supervision. EU / USA. XVIII historic Palace.
• Head of Project and Design : the BOKSYCE high-end historic Residence, 8,400 SF project on 6 ha. Completion. Responsible for the design, site planning, fit-out, structural corrections, consultants & contractors supervision.
The BM Estate is known as the Jasna Polana tournament Golf Resort today. Princeton, NJ, USA.
ALSO: Business Advisor to Mrs B. P-Johnson (real estate investment projects: shipyard, airport purchases). MORE : http://jaroslawg.tripod.com/intdes.html
PUBLICATION: The Town and Country Global Magazine, 02-2015 issue, New York City, USA - directed by me project presented in February's issue.
MINORU YAMASAKI & ASSOCIATES, INC. , Troy, MI, USA. (World top 20 Architectural firms)
(best known for the Manhattan Twin Towers, World Trade Centers, Hotels, Resorts and the airports design);
• The Mimari World Trade Center. High-rise, mixed use WTC development (Office + Retail + Hotel) ($880 Mn USD, 1989), Turkey.
• The WAYNE County International AIRPORT, Detroit, MI, USA
• Design leader of the Crain Telecommunication office tower, Detroit, MI.
• Dammam International AIRPORT, redesign / additions, Dammam, Saudi Arabia
INDEPENDENT CONSTRUCTION SUPERVISOR
residential, commercial, retail constructions in Silver Lakes, Birmingham, Troy, Michigan, USA.
Awards & Honors:
The COMPTON Award, USA - MIT, Cambridge; Oct '91
Press Interviews: USA, Portugal, UAE, and Poland
Press Interviews published b : The Architekt Magazine (2000), The Eccentric News (Michigan, USA), The Taburet magazine, The Town & Country, prestigious social and exclusive design magazine, New York. USA (2015).
Certifications & Licenses:
GS-0808-15 (step 10) and SES grades approved by the USA Federal Employment Agency