Control and Instrumentation Technician/Supervisor
Last Updated: 1st October 2020 (over 2 years ago)
Electrical Engineering - Light Current
— Dec 1994
South Africa, Johannesburg
Electrical Engineering – Heavy Current
• Mathematics – S1, S2
• Mechanics – S1
• Electrical Engineering – S1, S2
• Electronics – S2
• Digital Systems – S2
• Computer Programming – S1
• Computer Principles – S1
• Communication – S1
1990 – 1992 Technical College
South Africa, Kempton Park
Nation N Diploma
Electrical Engineering – Light Current
• Mathematics – N4, N5, N6
• Industrial Electronics – N6
• Electronics – N4, N5
• Communication Electronics – N4, N5, N6
• Computer Principles – N4
• Logic System – N4, N5, N6
1990 – 1992 Technical High School – Nico Diedericks
South Africa, Krugersdorp
Matric – Grade 12 (all on HG)
Chemistry & Physics
• Supervision of Automation & Instrumentation teams.
• Supervision of SCADA.PLC programming and instrument installation as per Mine standards.
• Worked on Siemens PCS 7, Step7, Portal, Flex and WinCC.
• Provide technical experience and assistance to Process team.
• Performance analysis and Improvement studies.
• Ensure effective implementation of new systems and technologies.
• Project management. (Planning, SCADA/PLC programming and commissioning)
• Maintaining a high level of support for software and field instrumentation in both the Process plant and Acid plant.
• Responsible for adherence by my team to best practice to ensure a safe working environment.
• Keeping up to date with industry developments, new technology and systems.
• Representing my organisation at professional events and meetings.
• Plan preventive maintenance schedules.
Senior C&I Technician
— Apr 2013
• Legally responsible for all activities under my control, surface and underground operations.
• Supervision of SCADA and PLC programming as per standards.
• WonderWare – SCADA, Schneider, Quantum and Modicon PLCs.
• In charge of an Instrumentation team. Managed resources and delegated responsibilities to ensure tasks and deadlines.
• Prepared daily reports and used a computer system to log records, communicate with mining production departments and produce reports.
• Responsible for the maintenance, monitoring and implementation of equipment ensure integrity of safety critical systems. (Fire detection and Seismic), safety systems and standards and procedures for maintenance practices.
• Assessment of equipment and systems and life cycle cost analysis.
• Always conforming to best practice as set out by managers, industry organisations and the state.
• Safety and Health of myself and sub-ordinates
West Wits Engineering Services - Telecommunication Technician
• Responsible for installing, maintaining and commissioning of all telecommunication equipment on surface and underground operations.
• Programming of Philips PABX systems.
• Stock control, Management & customer care.
• Safety and Health of sub-ordinate and myself.
Free State, Business Services - Electronic Technician
• Maintenance and installations of PA systems in Hostels, TV, VCR & Satellite TV’s, Motorola two-way radios, CCTV systems and Alarm systems.