Last Updated: 10th December 2020 (about 1 year ago)
Executive Masters of Business Administration
— Dec 2020
Bachelor Project Management
— Nov 2010
Graduate Diploma Project Management
— Jul 2009
Diploma Analytical Chemistry
— Nov 2000
Group Quality/Safety Assurance Manager
Operations and Air Charter Operator Operations.
• Support to Accountable manager on all Authority, Regulatory compliance.
• Resolved or provide alternative resolutions to audit or inspection findings.
• Facilitate execution of training plan for staff and conducted internal training.
• Supplier and contract administration to bridge quality and safety documentation for lean operations.
• Oversee or conduct operational and aviation product audits to manage compliance and risk.
• Oversaw quality, health, safety, environment for construction of Hangar 2 & 3 to building regulations and codes.
• Attained standardizing contract documents to manage inherent risk.
• Developed/standardized internal training material for staff level qualification resulting to increase in AMO capability and
reducing costs for sub-contracting by 60% margin.
• Completed Authority 5-phase certification for both AOC and AMO by Kenya Civil Aviation Authority thereby positioning
company to secure large contracts for charter and aircraft maintenance.
• Consistently attained Litson &Associates Safety Gold award for company from 2017.
• Steered the AMO/AOC to change management leading to restructure and hire of post holders fulfilling regulations.
• Attained AMO project expansion to include Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority approval.
• Scored audit plan execution rate of 95% and audit finding closure rate to 98% resulting into high worker accountability.
• Reviewed and submitted over 25 AMO/AOC procedures for successful approval by Authority.
Country HSE Manager
— Oct 2015
• Provided policy, governance and regulatory compliance and administrative support to the Regional management.
• Maintained HSE database, analyzed data for reporting and proposed alternatives for management reviews.
• Responded to RFI/RFP tenders on HSSE requirements, assessed and mitigated projects for HSSE implications.
• Performed HSSE audits, investigated incidents and provided recommendations and lessons learnt reports.
• Conducted internal HSSE training, on job training, developing and mentorship of local HSE staff.
• Ensured supplier/contractor compliance to established HSSE procedures e.g. road transport.
• Liaised with regulatory bodies such as KEBS, NEMA, DOSHS and line ministries for process compliance.
• Reviewed of various external reports e.g. laboratory analytical reports for decision.
• Oversaw the local HSE budget.
• Successful qualification, calibration and deployment of 8 local HSE Assistants.
• Developed 3 crew operational risk mitigation SOPs that were adopted by the Group company for global application.
• Won 89% of all response to RFI/RFP for seismic contracts within Kenya, Somali.
• Enhanced control of sub-contractors to 100% compliance and revised certain contracts for period 2013/2014
• Reduction of fatalities by 85%.
• 100% timely resolution of all regulatory notices of non-compliance.
SHEQ Country Manager
— Jan 2013
• Supported management towards compliance with multi-regulations, company brand building, and enforcing business ethics and culture in operations.
• Resolved emergent customer issues by proposing actions plans.
• Identified sales leads for conversion, Develop custom training materials or delivered IRCA product training.
• Arranged for execution of country review meetings for efficient delivery of services.
• Enforced level one staff self-development review, mentored and qualified staff to competency.
• Managed electronic and hard file documentations to ensure data integrity for efficient operations.
• Collated operational data for report on corporate SHEQ metrics and hierarchical communication.
• Acted as liaison for group network queries, visits, stakeholder forums and regulatory bodies e.g. KEBS, NEMA
• Executed multi-level audits as Lead IRCA auditor for safety, environment, quality and energy audits covering authority compliance in East, West, Southern and Central Africa.
• Improved internal compliance score to 95% of established and applicable procedures.
• Improved contract implementation leading to reduction in annual lost audit man-days to < 20 days.
• Attained zero safety, environment incidents as at 2005- 2012 year to date.
• Increased customer service satisfaction feedback score to 90% from average score of 50%.
• Improved on average staff productivity to 60% using enhanced accountability of time sheets.
• Achieved risk mitigation target by ensuring control of sub-contractors to 100% compliance.
• Improved to number 9 globally the rank of the local office in terms of compliance to group procedures.
• Increased customer service man-days to over 300 Man-days in 2009.
• Increased individual sale targets by 3% ($15,000) in the 2011-2012 year to date.
Technical Process controller
— Jan 2005
execute their job tasks.
Quality Control Analyst/ Technician
— Aug 2004