Last Updated: 27th May 2018 (over 4 years ago)
Written the company international safety management system and secured the interim and full-term Document of compliance to meet the legal requirement under the ISM code
A leader of teams, able to establish credentials quickly across internal and external stakeholders and renowned for adopting a dynamic, business development focused management style. Uniquely adept operating within environments requiring a high hand on leadership approach, an astute technical competency and a safety management expertise demonstrated through a track record of success across multiple expatriate assignments worldwide.
Business Administration in Business Management
— May 2010
Apollo Lodge 305 Master Mason
Chief Mate 11/2 Unlimited Area-Unlimited Deck Syllabus B Oral exam
— Apr 2000
Deck Officer class 4-STCW78
— Jul 1998
— May 2016
Multi-Award winning Ship Management Company operating worldwide with a clear objective to develop and deliver world-class innovative and profitable ship management solutions for customers across all sectors of the global marine shipping industry. Full leadership responsibility for its financial, Operational and Technical performance, including all transition turnaround and problem-solving activity, and the design, development and execution of the business development strategy to drive and accelerate company growth. Reporting directly to the board with a wide-ranging remit across a team of 6 FTEs tasked with handling accounting, marine consulting, sales, marketing, compliance issues, advertising, and financial reporting activities.
• Spearheaded the strategic initiative to successfully secure the Environmental Standard ISO 14001:2004 & the Quality Standard ISO 9001:2008 and BS OHSAS Combined certification 18001:2007
• Winner of the New Business of the year award 2013
• Winner of the Exporter/International Trade Award 2014
• Winner of the Global Excellence award 2014
• Recognised as a Future50 company identified as a beacon of innovation indicating potential for high growth
• Conducted a comprehensive Global Marine STS Assurance audit programme, resulting in excellent feedback from global clients and oil majors.
• Working with FCM, Classification society and the MCA! Conducted Inspections & Audits to eliminate an MCA detention placed on the company owned vessel. Assignment completed on time and on budget
Country contracts manager
— Oct 2012
• Successfully established operations, procedures and standards to ensure delivery of Iron Ore transhipments offshore at 550,000 MT monthly through the introduction of a strategy to enable vessels to operate non-stop with constant replenishment of fresh water supplies.
Interim General Manager
— Jul 2011
Operational management of the fleet management activities with full responsibility within the offshore and Subsea division for maximum fleet optimization & best practice operational delivery to clients and all associated stakeholders. Across 25 vessels, two 300-man accommodation barges and a single LNG tanker.
• Reported directly to the Executive Director and led all elements of the operation including technical operations, administration & logistics, and management of the marine fleet operations.
• Assumed the lead on the management of the marine strategic business expansion and associated acquisition of marine fleet, client services, crew management, technical, maintenance and commercial contract management to provide a 90% availability of vessels and equipment.
UTM Survey project manager
— Mar 2011
Scope of works under the project, was to carry out Ultrasonic thickness measurement (UTM) to establish the steel condition of the seven barges for continued service, completing with a comprehensive report outlining a precise list of activities and UTM measurements concluding with a final report outlining the condition of the steel works, and project expenditure.
The project was completed on budget and on time to the satisfactory of the client within the Falkland Islands
Company & Port General manager
— Jan 2011
• Championed a business turnaround strategy to restructure a failing organization with significant annual debt and return this loss-making division back to a profit of £3.5M annually
Chief Officer and ship security officer
— Apr 2006
• Second in Command, Deputizing for the Captain in his or Her Absence.
• Back to back with the Captain Positioning Pipe-lay and offshore construction barges throughout middle east and Asia to support the build of offshore gas installations (HLS 2000), Rig Moving & Supply
• Designated Ship Security Officer (SSO) to meet legal requirements under the ISPS Code, Developing & Managing the continuous on-board training exercisers to ensure that the company policies, procedures and management systems are fully understood & complied with always by Crew passengers and client representatives
• Compiling comprehensive monthly reports as required by company and clients also other 3rd parties covering detailed Technical information, Fuel, water and Bulk Discharge & Loading, Planned Maintenance activities (ISM code) Engine and Auxiliary’s Running Hours