Last Updated: 6th September 2018 (over 4 years ago)
SITE MANAGER SAFETY TRAINING SCHEME
— Jan 2015
Project Manager/Temporary works coordinator
Project Estimate: £5 Million
• Contract management of works on JCT contract.
• Tender management and evaluation
• Programming (Planning) using MSP and overall project management. Look ahead etc.
• Writing design Briefs
• Managing sub-contractors program and cost.
• Valuing compensation events and notifying clients of early warnings
• Identifying, quantifying and qualifying risk on project.
• Reviewing and approving contractors RAMS
PROJECT MANAGER/SITE AGENT
31 Gray close, Innsworth
Gloucester. GL3 1EE
A Civil Project Manager with in-depth commercial Programme, Project management and Contract management understanding, with over 10 years experience in office and site works. I have gained vast knowledge in project execution ranging from bridges, Airports runways and taxiways, site camps in remote areas, Waste water treatment plant, Reservoir, Rails, Ports, culverts and flood defences, highways, Mine Haulage facilities, Bioremediation plant, power plants, MOD projects
2006 M.Sc. in Engineering Business Management, Coventry University, United Kingdom
2002 B. Sc. Civil Engineering, University of Lagos, Nigeria
Port of sheerness wind farm Project. August 2015 till Date
Project Manager/Site Agent
• Project management of all civil and construction work for the sub station and wind farm
• Managing resource, time and schedule
• Procurement of materials plants and services.
• Providing technical input on civil and construction works
• Building of transformer bases and turbine bases.
• Supervision of piling works for the turbine bases.
• Chairing of weekly and periodic meeting.
• Management of staffs and contractors
Joint venture: Balfour Beatty & Kier (Project Hercules)
RAF (MOD) Base and Airside (Lyneham)
Project Manager/Site Agent January 2015 till July 2015
• Construction of military aircraft taxiways, runaways, road and highways.
• Building of roads such as military Marching routes, Vehicular armoured access.
• Managing contractors and supervisors.
• Construction of drainages, utilities and residential buildings
• Monitoring cost, time, resource and schedule against baseline, (Quantity Surveying)
• Chairing meetings to clients.
• Risk management and mitigation.
• Creating WBS and baselines for cost and schedule.
• Supporting the QS on claims and contract management, dispute and resolution.
• Preparing plans, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation
KIER (Team Van Ord): Asset recovery Programme (South West UK)
Project Manager August 2014 till December 2015
Project managing of flood defence works for the Environmental Agency
• Ensuring good health and safety procedure is maintained at all sites
• Reviewing of design drawings, method statement and risk assessment as well as environmental assessment.
• Chairing of progress meetings with clients (EA)
• Project managing contractors and activities to ensure quality, time and cost
• Planning of works to ensure work is related to baseline in relation to time and cost
• Identifying early warnings on projects.
• Managing of multiple projects to cost, time, resource and schedule
• Managing change control and reviewing scope of works
AMEC: Western range Iron ore Project (WRIOP) Liberia
Project Engineer January 2014 July 2014
Project Estimate: $1 Billion
Construction of mine processing plants and bulk handling such as rail track on Concentrator, stacker, sag mills, reclaimer, power plant, sizer, fuel tanks, thickener, conveyors
• Scheduling of project works i.e. forecast (Primavera P6 r 6)
• Construction of roads, drainages, fuel tank, power plants
• Reviewing and implanting of method statement as well as job safety analysis
• Review of construction drawings as well as tenders.
• Monitoring and controlling of project performance, project baseline; actuals against plan
• Supervision of 0.6 dia bored piles at a depth of 18m to 21m for sag mill foundations
• Managing and recording of change controls in line with project performance
• Construction and management of tailings management facilities (TMF)
RIO TINTO LONDON, Seconded to Guinea, West Africa
Senior Project Engineer/Planner Jan 2012 till December 2013
Project Estimate: $18 Billion
• Simandou Iron ore open pit exploration.
• Checking of Method statement, scope of works, construction operational plan, risk
Assessment of contractors
• Managing cost, resource, time and schedule (Quantity Surveying)
• Checking cost variance- CPI,CV etc.
• Supervision of earthworks, camps, Geotechnical works, planners and engineers
• Construction of roads and highways, Bioremediation plant, stadium, training
centres, helipad, mosque, camp accommodation, stadium, bridges, clinic
Residential and office buildings, wastewater treatment plant, Mine sub station.
• Scheduling, tracking, updating of works and activities using Primavera P6 R7
• Applying earned value management, risk management tools, cost variance and estimating tools to projects to ensure budget and delivery.
• Preparing plans, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation
• Preparing and review of tender as well as awarding contracts (contract Management)
• Manage the lifecycle, financial reporting and change control of works
• Chairing Client meetings periodically to identify and resolve site needs and Project needs.
• Identifying critical paths in projects and managing it.
• Maintaining overall project baseline and identifying early warnings.
SNC-LAVALIN INC. Western Range DSO (Yekepa) Liberia – West Africa
Construction Supervisor Dec 2010- Dec 2011
Project Estimate: $600 Million
Worked on 245km rail, bridge, culvert and mine rehabilitation project (Open pit). Working to AREMA standards modified for West Africa and the clients operating requirements.
• Calculation of ETA loadings on rail bridges (through trusses and deck trusses)
• Supervising lifting operation for replacement of rocker bearings to pot bearings using electrical Hydraulic pump.
• Planning of construction works and activities using Primavera P6 (rails, bridge remedial works and culverts)
• Inspected Railways from the bottom up; Sub grade, Sub ballast, Bottom ballast, sleepers, rail and supervised signalling installations and clearance
• Surfacing (tamping/auto lining) and Stressing of CWR (continous weld rail)
• Monitoring of thermite welds.(stressing and de-stressing of rail welds)
• Supervised works on rail tracks, 20m-42m rail bridges remedial works and culverts (2.4 dia -3.0 steel dia pipes)
• Inspected rail alignment on deck bridges and through truss bridges
• Project managing cost, programme and all construction activities
MORGAN EST, Heathrow Airport, London.
Section Engineer Feb 2008 till Dec 2010
South East Taxiway, Midfield Pier/ Substation 56, foundations for 11kV transformer
Project estimate: £300 million
• Project Managing of work and activity from conception and completion to commissioning
• Wrote method statement and risk assessment
• Developed an annual baseline programme defining scope, schedule and cost parameters for all work to be delivered by the alliance
• Prepared and monitored the 12-week look ahead programmes (push plans) using Primavera
• Constructed fuel main, gas main, storm water drain, culverts, slot drains, telecomms pit.
• Built and buried electrical services for taxiways and Airport use.
• Built Airplane taxiway Pavement/PQ at Heathrow Airport.
INTERSERVE PROJECTS SERVICES LIMITED. United Kingdom
Site Engineer. Feb 2007- Feb 2008
• Thames Water Beckton Desalination Plant - Water & Marine based project. Managed the construction of the main process structures of the plant, involving Reinforced Concrete, Structural Steelwork, Cladding and Building works, including Building Services.
• Clacton Reservoirs & Pumping Stations - Managed the construction of 2 x 8millon litre potable water reservoir structures for Tendering Hundred Water Services. Reinforced concrete structures at separate sites, with the associated operations including; earthworks, dewatering, stone column pile ground improvement, deep drainage, MEICA pipework and landscaping.
• Westminster Bridge Fascia Replacement - Marine based project with works carried out from river-based plant. Managed the fascia preassembly works offsite, liaising with suppliers, coordinating subcontractors, procuring materials and supervising an engineering team.
• Thames Water Beckton Desalination Plant (Phase 1) - Managed the construction of the Lamella Clarifier, a large reinforced concrete water retaining structure. Also worked on improvement works to the adjacent Beckton Sewage Treatment Works.
BRACON CONSTRUCTION, Lagos Nigeria (Contractor)
Graduate Engineer Dec2002- Sep2005
• Building of residential homes and Facilities management for companies such as Oando.
2007 Basic Setting out for Engineers
2007 Health, Safety and Environmental Certification
2008 Construction Skills Certification Scheme (Managers and Professionals)
2008 Buried services training. (In house by Morgan Sindall)
2009 Construction Site Manager’s Safety Certificate
2009 Method Statement and Risk Assessment Author
2013 Project Management Practitioner (PMP) on going
2013 Project Management Practitioner (Knowledge Academy UK)
2014 Site Managers Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
2014 ICE Charthership (on going) to be completed by 2015.
Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, and Microsoft Projects)
Good use of Primavera P6 for Project Planning and scheduling
Autocad for design drawing
Edm and Total station for setting out
Member of Project Management Institute (PMI) USA (2007)
Institution of Civil Engineers (October 2006)
Nigerian society of Engineers (NSE) Lagos chapter (February 2003)
English, French, Krio and Yoruba
WORK EXPERIENCE (COUNTRY)
Guinea, Liberia, Nigeria, Paris and United Kingdom